Scalpers & Speculators

Scalpers & Speculators

Postby koimaster » October 22nd 2018, 11:09am

How Scalpers & Speculators Are Ruining The Watch Purchasing Experience For Many Consumers

Imagine the following scenario. It probably happens on a daily basis, and the issues which are at the root of it are both complex and far-reaching. Put yourself in the shoes of an average man ready to buy his first Rolex timepiece. You aren’t a watch collector, but for years the strong marketing power of Rolex has romanced you on the notion that when you make it, you should tell the world about it and remind yourself of your success by buying a Rolex timepiece. Maybe you closed an important business deal or just want to reward yourself for any number of personal achievements – you know what you want to do with a Rolex.

Most men have a practical approach to things and let’s say the same applied to you. Dress watches and those which communicate status in a flashy way with gold and other precious materials probably aren’t your thing. Steel, sports-style watches speak the loudest to you. After browsing the Rolex website you feel assured that the company whose logo you’ve been seeing for years has more than one model that will satisfy your needs. Not knowing much about shopping for a watch, you decide that going to a Rolex store is the best idea. There happen to be two dealers in your town according to the Rolex website. Next step: visit the store.

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/how-scalpe ... consumers/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Scalpers & Speculators

Postby conjurer » October 22nd 2018, 9:25pm

It is indeed really sad when some shitheel non-WIS can't find a Submariner at retail. My ass literally bleeds for then, since after reading this article I was forced to hammer a Cabriole table leg up my fucking ass.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: Scalpers & Speculators

Postby foghorn » October 23rd 2018, 6:59am

"You aren’t a watch collector, but for years the strong marketing power of Rolex has romanced you on the notion that when you make it, you should tell the world about it and remind yourself of your success by buying a Rolex timepiece.

If this is the case then you haven't really "made it".

Why, he's no fun, he fell right over.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Return to General Watch talk