The Autumn NYC Watch Fairs

The Autumn NYC Watch Fairs

Postby TemerityB » October 18th 2018, 3:38pm

Coming up here in NYC are two watch shows that I really enjoy, and will likely attend once again. In the past, I've photographed these events, and if you would like me to do so again, I'd be happy to; at least this year I know I won't offend some elder who thinks using Comic Sans makes watch reviews seem important.

I always think I'm lucky to live in NYC because we get the annual Watch Time New York weekends here, and with BaselWorld shrinking as it is, this just might be the next best thing: Panels featuring industry experts, bunch of high-end watch brands, Swiss chocolates and champagne, and the actual ability to purchase anything you fall for make this a really unique event, and the fact that its presented a Gotham Hall, the world's most luxurious former bank, makes it all the more special. This year's event is October 26 (sold out already) and October 27. Hmm, another year to ogle and try on stuff I'll never have the means to buy - but I still enjoy this one like crazy. And this show really is Grand Seiko heaven; they usually bring every current model.

This year's lineup of brands:

https://www.watchtimenewyork.com/

The following weekend, for three days, amazingly, sees the return of the Worn & Wound Windup watch fair, and this one isn't nearly as high end. This one features a bunch of micros and startups as well as a smattering of Swiss and German brands, some vintage, and accessories. Last year is when I discovered Dan Henry and picked up an Orient - but it appears that Orient won't be there this time out.

The roster of brands for 2018 is pretty diverse; among the better brands are Oris, Everest Straps (an interesting debut, as perhaps they're going to offer more than Rolex leathers and rubbers), Dan Henry, Mido, Mercer (this startup brand was really interesting last year), Laco, Mondaine, Stowa, Jumghans, Damasko, Formex, and more than a couple of dozen micros and small brands.

http://www.windup.wornandwound.com/
Proof that quartz is still not only viable, but sometimes, something to covet: Grand Seiko.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Re: The Autumn NYC Watch Fairs

Postby foghorn » October 18th 2018, 3:54pm

The Windup event looks more interesting than the foo foo WatchTime event.
If you do make it to the WT event be sure to drop by the MB&F booth and pass along a hearty FTF'nW to them and be sure to fart in their general direction. Nothing wrong with some well deserved crop dusting for the makers of horological fucking machines.

Why, he's no fun, he fell right over.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » October 18th 2018, 3:56pm

foghorn wrote:The Windup event looks more interesting than the foo foo WatchTime event.
If you do make it to the WT event be sure to drop by the MB&F booth and pass along a hearty FTF'nW to them and be sure to fart in their general direction. Nothing wrong with some well deserved crop dusting for the makers of horological fucking machines.

I'll take some shots of those googily-eyed watches just for you, my fine feathered friend. :wink:
Proof that quartz is still not only viable, but sometimes, something to covet: Grand Seiko.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby smellody » October 18th 2018, 5:48pm

I do not see my favorite wartch brand. Please photograph if you see some.
smellody

Postby Mark1 » October 18th 2018, 9:14pm

Yes, please post some pictures and words and whatnot.
Last edited by Mark1 on October 18th 2018, 9:16pm, edited 1 time in total.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Mark1

Postby conjurer » October 18th 2018, 10:00pm

Mark1 wrote:Yes, please post some pictures and words and whatnot.

Yup. We want pics and impressions, and we want 'em goddamned fast!!
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » October 19th 2018, 9:08am

conjurer wrote:
Mark1 wrote:Yes, please post some pictures and words and whatnot.

Yup. We want pics and impressions, and we want 'em goddamned fast!!

You impatient plonker! The first fair ain't till next week! Keep your pants on, you keyed-up dealer of fixtures!
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Return to General Watch talk