Millésime has officially launched

Millésime has officially launched

Postby koimaster » October 2nd 2018, 11:27am

Many moons ago, our founder Benjamin Chee HH started collecting vintage Swiss watches as a young intrepid lad. He loved to wear them at home and at the office, and admire their aged grandeur in his cabinet, but rarely wore these precious watches due to his active lifestyle and the tropical cities in which he spent most of his time.

Ben sought to create a watch that had the distinguished style without the fragility, lack of water-resistance and irreplaceability of a real vintage watch. A watch he could take yachting, partying or on one of his many voyages around the globe, without needing to worry if an errant flute (or case) of vintage champagne or a choppy jaunt around Lake Como would send a 70 year old priceless vintage watch to horological heaven. He envisioned a design with influences from his two favourite eras of vintage watches, the Art Deco and the 1950s, a design that would look as stylish with a bespoke sportcoat as it would with a dapper tuxedo.

After three years of designing, prototyping, field-testing, and tweaking these designs based on real world experience wearing (and thoroughly enjoying) them, Ben now prepares to share these charismatic watches with all who enjoy style and elegant design, under the boutique luxury watch brand Millésime. With a solid emphasis on high quality, stylish yet understated design, and personal service from the heart, Millésime is set to bring about a renaissance of horological chic...

https://millesimewatch.com/products/mer ... cing-green

https://millesimewatch.com/collections/all

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Millésime has officially launched

Postby svaglic » October 2nd 2018, 11:38am

I like the dial of the majestique, although it is pretty much the same dial as the first Imperials, which I have thanks to tok. At this price, I’d rather have one of his new Imperials with the peacock.
I’m just not liking the other one. Hopefully his future ones will strike my fancy.
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » October 2nd 2018, 4:16pm

Normally, I'd be already excited about giving another microbrand a solid walloping. But no, not this time.

I really like these watches. Very 1940s. I really like the sector dial and "railroad" minute track on these. And 39mm with short lugs... Fuck me, what's not to like here?
His deepest need was that people should like him. An admirable trait, that... In a spaniel, or a whore.
Francis Urquhart

May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.
Voltaire
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby conjurer » October 2nd 2018, 8:04pm

These don't totally blow.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » October 2nd 2018, 8:18pm

Wow, those are ... kinda nice.

Honestly, not bad. I think I need a nap with a cold compress; this doesn't sound like me at all.
I would rather be seen wearing an Invicta than a Hublot - at least I can explain away the Invicta.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby biglove » October 3rd 2018, 6:35pm

I am impressed. Right price, classic style, great specs.

Not buying for a few more years but someone here needs to pick one up and give us a review.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."- Mark Twain

biglove
Watchlord WIS

Return to General Watch talk