Rolex Submariner Hulk versus Seiko SLA019 : Shades of Green

Rolex Submariner Hulk versus Seiko SLA019 : Shades of Green

Postby Racer-X » September 27th 2018, 6:46pm

"Does the use of the color green make for a natural and competitive battle between the Rolex Submariner Hulk and the newly released Seiko SLA019 or is there simply too much that separates these deep water tool watches to make the comparison interesting? Well, since you’re here and because the two watches are pictured side by side, you know that we’re going to take a look. In fact, we’ll spend more than a cursory amount of time with each of these divers because, more than proclaiming one the victor, it’s a nice opportunity to look closely at a couple models that are amongst the most popular within each brand’s lineup."

https://www.fratellowatches.com/rolex-submariner-hulk-versus-seiko-sla019/
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Rolex Submariner Hulk versus Seiko SLA019 : Shades of Gr

Postby bedlam » September 27th 2018, 7:17pm

Be interesting to see if the dark green makes it easier to read the bezel in the water. The Hulk is a huge fail on that issue.

"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
Master of Time

Postby labman » September 27th 2018, 7:22pm

Love the Seiko Jade - not that I would complain about the Hulk - both are out of the range of price range of what I am willing to pay watch.
labman
Watchlord WIS

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » September 27th 2018, 7:55pm

The Seiko looks nicer. At least its bezel doesn't shine like cojones del perro.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

A man's got to know his limitations...
Inspector Harry Callahan

Mr. Bloke & No Co. , Patented Walloping Services, est.2016
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby conjurer » September 27th 2018, 8:00pm

It's interesting to see that the new Marinemaster is rated to -10/+15 seconds a day. For that kind of money (particularly since it's a grand more than the old Marinemaster), one would think that Seiko could have regulated the fucking thing.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby bedlam » September 27th 2018, 10:44pm

conjurer wrote:It's interesting to see that the new Marinemaster is rated to -10/+15 seconds a day. For that kind of money (particularly since it's a grand more than the old Marinemaster), one would think that Seiko could have regulated the fucking thing.

Seiko's stated tolerances are always conservative. My MM300 runs 3 secs a day slow.

As an aside, we have yet another 'reviewer' proclaiming the 8L movement in the MM300 is undecorated. Wrong. It has been decorated since the SBDX001

"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
Master of Time

Postby conjurer » September 27th 2018, 10:50pm

bedlam wrote:
conjurer wrote:It's interesting to see that the new Marinemaster is rated to -10/+15 seconds a day. For that kind of money (particularly since it's a grand more than the old Marinemaster), one would think that Seiko could have regulated the fucking thing.

Seiko's stated tolerances are always conservative. My MM300 runs 3 secs a day slow.

As an aside, we have yet another 'reviewer' proclaiming the 8L movement in the MM300 is undecorated. Wrong.

Decorated or undecorated, my MM300 ran +9 seconds a day. That's the main reason I sold it.

Now, plenty of people will say that +9 seconds isn't that bad; and, for a $300 watch, they'd probably be right. For a two grand watch, with that good a movement inside, +9 seconds is like Audi selling a high end sedan that's not tuned properly. For two grand, Seiko could take an extra half an hour to tighten that movement to a second plus or minus, period. What's the big deal? Rolex does this as a matter of course. When Stain Betosh can take a little while to precisely regulate a Miyota 8215 to a couple of seconds a day, then so can Seiko.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Falstaff » September 28th 2018, 6:07am

Another stupid watch nickname.
"Did you get me my Cheez Whiz, boy?"

The Blues Brothers
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Postby foghorn » September 28th 2018, 7:09am

I like green dial or bezel watches. But when they cost as much green as these greenies I put my green back in my warlet.

Why, he's no fun, he fell right over.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Return to General Watch talk