Duty-Free Watch Shopping

Duty-Free Watch Shopping

Postby Racer-X » September 26th 2018, 1:30pm

"So what’s up with all this duty-free stuff travelers encounter and are there really great deals to be had on watches? Kaz and Mike pick up where they left off as they slowly recover from their Hong Kong trip. In case you’re wondering, Kaz’s tit is healing nicely.. we were all worried about him. For this discussion, Kaz tells us what the duty-free/watch situation is like on cruise ships and Mike recalls his most recent duty-free watch adventure at Incheon Airport.

The 6,000 IG follower giveaway winner has been chosen. Stay tuned, the snobs are reaching 7,000 pretty soon. Plus, there’s a pretty badass Scurfa diver that was just release that the guys bring up as one of the best possible “first watch” options."

http://twobrokewatchsnobs.com/ep-97-duty-free-watch-shopping/
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Duty-Free Watch Shopping

Postby studmuffin » September 28th 2018, 9:04pm

There may be deals to be had, but I found out the hard way that I could have gotten the watch I bought onboard (Tissot Seastar 1000) cheaper on Amazon when I got home. Most of those 40% off deals are off the list price. I take two or three cruises a year and always check out the watch selections, but I haven't bought anything on board in years. It's easy to check prices via the internet now. I ran into the same situation on one of the islands. Saw a watch I liked, but waited till I got home and found it cheaper. Nodded off listening to the podcast so I don't know what they said about duty-free watch shopping. LOL
studmuffin
Senior Member & WIS

Postby 32771 » September 30th 2018, 5:30pm

My recent additions over the past 3 years have been duty-free on St. Thomas USVI (Omega, Breitling, Bell & Ross). The pricing has been close to Jomashop, usually a couple hundred more; worth it to me to be purchasing from an authorized retailer (Little Switzerland).
Senior Member & WIS

Postby studmuffin » October 2nd 2018, 6:35am

32771 wrote:My recent additions over the past 3 years have been duty-free on St. Thomas USVI (Omega, Breitling, Bell & Ross). The pricing has been close to Jomashop, usually a couple hundred more; worth it to me to be purchasing from an authorized retailer (Little Switzerland).

I understand what you're saying about purchasing from an authorized dealer. I've purchased from Jomashop in the past, but always worried about the warranty. That's the risk you take when you go gray market. Little Switzerland must have colonized the entire Caribbean as they're at all the major stops. LOL
studmuffin
Senior Member & WIS

Return to General Watch talk