Millennial's Wearing Watches--A Photo Essay...

Millennial's Wearing Watches--A Photo Essay...

Postby conjurer » September 19th 2018, 5:12pm

...Just for foggy!:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

THE END
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.


--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
User avatar
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time
 
Posts: 27497
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm

Re: Millennial's Wearing Watches--A Photo Essay...

Postby foghorn » September 19th 2018, 5:45pm

Werner looks good rockin' that 32 mm bad boi.
The rest of those boys need a good curb stompin'!
Image



Why, he's no fun, he fell right over.
User avatar
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time
 
Posts: 17526
Joined: December 18th 2009, 11:00pm

Re: Millennial's Wearing Watches--A Photo Essay...

Postby JAS1125 » September 19th 2018, 5:54pm

We are surely in the End Times
Image
User avatar
JAS1125
Watchlord WIS
 
Posts: 2211
Joined: January 29th 2013, 11:00pm

Re: Millennial's Wearing Watches--A Photo Essay...

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » September 19th 2018, 8:04pm

Great Scott... You know, chaps, every now and then I have to face the sad reality, that this sodding lot of fruitcakes is actually the same generation as me. And every single moment that I realize that, it's a mix of an overwhelming feeling of shame, and of asking myself the rhetorical question "at what point in time and space has mankind gone so fucking wrong?"

This overwhelmingly ghastly picture of the reality of today brings out the storyteller in me...

Recently, on my sailing cruise to Croatia and Montenegro, three such fucking fruit were on the other boat. Every evening, that boat was the place to have a drink. It's only good that them silly sods bought some of the booze, otherwise they'd have been quite useless. Although they didn't even pick a good whisky, so at the end of the day, they were useless in every respect.

Given that the other boat - infested with the three evolution-proof creatures with the brains of an average protist - was literally a floating anarchy, each and every day I thanked Jove and Neptune for not placing me aboard HMS Witless.

Some people's minds perform an on-the-spot analysis of every clue about every person, their looks, the way a person talks, and quickly assesses the subject's intellectual capabilities. After instinctively performing said analysis, I arrived at the very disappointing conclusion, that without getting properly jaked, even the average mind cannot survive for long among these...creatures. It simply is a necessity to debilitate the mind ever so slightly, in order to create something of a hedge, partially separating it from reality, should reality be truly as unbearable as it was. After one evening of drinking, I knew how Stiglitz must have felt in that basement full of Nazis in Inglorious Basterds.

The methods of communication of them primitive life forms is somewhat underhwelming. First a horizontal slot in the midst of the beard of such a creature opens to let out a monologue, undoubtedly laboriously created by the single cell of grey matter underneath an unbelievably thick skull, which skull is covered in 30% by hair, and in 70% - by hair gel. Upon the end of such a monologue the rest of the...herd, tribe, or whatnot lets out a "Yeeeeaaaahhhh...Tooootallyyyyy, maaaaaan", which is followed by chorus of what is probably supposed to be laughter, but at best resembles the braying of a donkey with asthma.

However, that wasn't the worst. The worst part was hearing them trying to plan the next day's schedule. By Jove! Imagine that, a tribe of Neanderthals trying to think. To think! Frankly, there's nothing more painful than witnessing an attempt at thinking made by individuals with no predisposition for thinking at all. It's pain for the ears, a sound of a herd of baboons, ruining the perfect harmony of a warm night on the coast of the Adriatic Sea.

Went back aboard my boat, tried to sleep. In the cockpit, obviously, the cabin was a degree or two short of a sauna. But the hipster millenial zoo wouldn't let me examine the insides of my eyelids. "Yeah, tooootallyyyyy", screeching, braying and - most unfortunately - audible attempts at simple thought processes just wouldn't let me. And then I thanked Jove and good Neptune once more - for not letting me forget to take Tullamore Dew with me.

End of story.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

A man's got to know his limitations...
Inspector Harry Callahan

Mr. Bloke & No Co. , Patented Walloping Services, est.2016
User avatar
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
 
Posts: 1777
Joined: December 7th 2016, 2:47pm

Re: Millennial's Wearing Watches--A Photo Essay...

Postby conjurer » September 19th 2018, 9:03pm

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:Great Scott... You know, chaps, every now and then I have to face the sad reality, that this sodding lot of fruitcakes is actually the same generation as me. And every single moment that I realize that, it's a mix of an overwhelming feeling of shame, and of asking myself the rhetorical question "at what point in time and space has mankind gone so fucking wrong?"

This overwhelmingly ghastly picture of the reality of today brings out the storyteller in me...

Recently, on my sailing cruise to Croatia and Montenegro, three such fucking fruit were on the other boat. Every evening, that boat was the place to have a drink. It's only good that them silly sods bought some of the booze, otherwise they'd have been quite useless. Although they didn't even pick a good whisky, so at the end of the day, they were useless in every respect.

Given that the other boat - infested with the three evolution-proof creatures with the brains of an average protist - was literally a floating anarchy, each and every day I thanked Jove and Neptune for not placing me aboard HMS Witless.

Some people's minds perform an on-the-spot analysis of every clue about every person, their looks, the way a person talks, and quickly assesses the subject's intellectual capabilities. After instinctively performing said analysis, I arrived at the very disappointing conclusion, that without getting properly jaked, even the average mind cannot survive for long among these...creatures. It simply is a necessity to debilitate the mind ever so slightly, in order to create something of a hedge, partially separating it from reality, should reality be truly as unbearable as it was. After one evening of drinking, I knew how Stiglitz must have felt in that basement full of Nazis in Inglorious Basterds.

The methods of communication of them primitive life forms is somewhat underhwelming. First a horizontal slot in the midst of the beard of such a creature opens to let out a monologue, undoubtedly laboriously created by the single cell of grey matter underneath an unbelievably thick skull, which skull is covered in 30% by hair, and in 70% - by hair gel. Upon the end of such a monologue the rest of the...herd, tribe, or whatnot lets out a "Yeeeeaaaahhhh...Tooootallyyyyy, maaaaaan", which is followed by chorus of what is probably supposed to be laughter, but at best resembles the braying of a donkey with asthma.

However, that wasn't the worst. The worst part was hearing them trying to plan the next day's schedule. By Jove! Imagine that, a tribe of Neanderthals trying to think. To think! Frankly, there's nothing more painful than witnessing an attempt at thinking made by individuals with no predisposition for thinking at all. It's pain for the ears, a sound of a herd of baboons, ruining the perfect harmony of a warm night on the coast of the Adriatic Sea.

Went back aboard my boat, tried to sleep. In the cockpit, obviously, the cabin was a degree or two short of a sauna. But the hipster millenial zoo wouldn't let me examine the insides of my eyelids. "Yeah, tooootallyyyyy", screeching, braying and - most unfortunately - audible attempts at simple thought processes just wouldn't let me. And then I thanked Jove and good Neptune once more - for not letting me forget to take Tullamore Dew with me.

End of story.


Goddamn it, Mr. Bloke, seldom have I read such a fine example of generational self-loathing. It made me laugh, it made me cry. And to think that I only started this thread as a way to break foggy's balls!
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.


--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
User avatar
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time
 
Posts: 27497
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm

Re: Millennial's Wearing Watches--A Photo Essay...

Postby Racer-X » September 19th 2018, 10:40pm

I can't promise this is the last time I post this image.

Image
User avatar
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 5178
Joined: June 11th 2011, 10:00pm

Re: Millennial's Wearing Watches--A Photo Essay...

Postby conjurer » September 19th 2018, 11:27pm

Racer-X wrote:I can't promise this is the last time I post this image.

Image


I remember when guys wore hats in a non-ironic way.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.


--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
User avatar
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time
 
Posts: 27497
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm

Re: Millennial's Wearing Watches--A Photo Essay...

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » September 19th 2018, 11:37pm

conjurer wrote:Goddamn it, Mr. Bloke, seldom have I read such a fine example of generational self-loathing. It made me laugh, it made me cry. And to think that I only started this thread as a way to break foggy's balls!

Glad you have enjoyed it, Conj. Breaking balls, as you and I know full well, save being an exercise for the mind can be most inspiring. Laughing and crying aside, there’s one more thing to feel about generational self-loathing driven by common sense. The mere fact that it occurs, means that no matter just how badly debilitated a generation is, there’s always an ounce of hope in it. There’s more of us like-minded people in this generation, although admittedly our communique gets lost in all the white noise generated by hordes of cretins. Call it a lost vox populi, struggling to get out from under the nonsensical screeching of not population, as much as of the intellectually impaired populace. Besides, common sense is a difficult good to sell, since the target group we seek to change shows far less demand for it than they do for the ghey sort of grooming products.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

A man's got to know his limitations...
Inspector Harry Callahan

Mr. Bloke & No Co. , Patented Walloping Services, est.2016
User avatar
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
 
Posts: 1777
Joined: December 7th 2016, 2:47pm

Re: Millennial's Wearing Watches--A Photo Essay...

Postby bedlam » September 20th 2018, 3:07am

Ok you cranky old bastards, you went and made me step up to defend millenials. Fuckers, all of you.

My daughter just turned 21. She had a hoard of her scaly mates over to our place for her birthday. They consumed a metric shit-ton of alcohol, ate all the food, and made a mess.

I saw them taking care of each other, the sober ones drove the drunk ones home. A few decided they were too far gone and crashed in the games room. The less wasted made the way too far gone as comfortable as possible.

In the morning they help cleaned the place up without being asked - whilst clearly sporting some genuine hangovers.

Every one of those fuckers came up to me when they finally chose to leave and thanked me for our hospitality. They were ridiculously polite.

I wasn't that good at being a decent human when I was 21 and drunk. I reckon that if my daughter's mates are any indication, we have hope as a species.
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
User avatar
bedlam
Master of Time
 
Posts: 7928
Joined: November 12th 2011, 11:00pm
Location: Fremantle, Australia (GMT +8)

Re: Millennial's Wearing Watches--A Photo Essay...

Postby MAX » September 20th 2018, 4:30am

OMG, those pics make me want to bring back the Hippies, Truckers and Biker gangs. Least you knew what they were.

Maybe its different down under but at least that was good to read. Sounds like at least they were raised right unlike the ugly americans.
"If You Think This Has A Happy Ending, You Haven't Been Paying Attention."

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”
User avatar
MAX
Founding Member & Master of Time
 
Posts: 671
Joined: May 23rd 2013, 10:00pm
Location: Too Far South, Floriduh

Re: Millennial's Wearing Watches--A Photo Essay...

Postby codguy » September 20th 2018, 5:43am

MKTheVintageBloke wrote: that this sodding lot of fruitcakes is actually the same generation as me.


Youngster ^
.
User avatar
codguy
ASSHAT
 
Posts: 5676
Joined: June 9th 2011, 10:00pm

Re: Millennial's Wearing Watches--A Photo Essay...

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » September 20th 2018, 6:05am

codguy wrote:
MKTheVintageBloke wrote: that this sodding lot of fruitcakes is actually the same generation as me.


Youngster ^

Nobody's perfect.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

A man's got to know his limitations...
Inspector Harry Callahan

Mr. Bloke & No Co. , Patented Walloping Services, est.2016
User avatar
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
 
Posts: 1777
Joined: December 7th 2016, 2:47pm


Return to General Watch talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests