Rolex Submariner vs Omega Seamaster

Rolex Submariner vs Omega Seamaster

Postby Racer-X » August 22nd 2018, 9:17pm

"A classic watch question almost; the Rolex Submariner vs Omega Seamaster. If we got a Euro for every time we were asked this question, we would have both in the meanwhile. Last week we received it again, for this You Asked Us feature here on Fratello. We thought it would be about time to answer this question in public, as it is probably interesting to many other watch enthusiasts as well (according to our mailboxes).

The question we received was relatively short. Nguyen asked us: “Please help me decide between buying a Rolex Submariner and an Omega Seamaster. What are the pros and cons of these watches and which one do you prefer?“."

https://www.fratellowatches.com/rolex-submariner-vs-omega-seamaster/
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Rolex Submariner vs Omega Seamaster

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » August 23rd 2018, 4:50am

The worst generation of the Submariner vs. the worst generation of the Planet Ocean? Sound’s like it’s a draw.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

A man's got to know his limitations...
Inspector Harry Callahan

Mr. Bloke & No Co. , Patented Walloping Services, est.2016
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby foghorn » August 23rd 2018, 5:24am

The last time I had the urge to look at a Rolex Sub was a couple years after the Planet Ocean was released. I went to the local AD and looked at both. In a side by side comparison it took me about 2 minutes to choose the Omega. In the steel, and forgetting the name on the dial, it was no contest. First round KO.
Full disclosure: I no longer have the PO. (or any Omegas for that matter) Things change and I have since lost my taste for "high end" watches. Normal people think all my watches are high end-but in the wonderful world of discriminating WIS I am an "entry level" collector.

Why, he's no fun, he fell right over.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby Thunder1 » August 23rd 2018, 5:54am

^^Make no mistake about it, you have some fine watches...
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Return to General Watch talk