Swatch Brands - All Time Record Sales

Swatch Brands - All Time Record Sales

Postby SynMike » July 18th 2018, 9:01pm

Swatch, the world's top watchmaker, on Wednesday July 18th announced an all-time record in half-year sales, saying it has millennials to thank for bringing wristwatches back.

Group net sales increased by 14.7 percent at current exchange rates in the first half of 2018 to 4.27 billion Swiss francs ( €3.7 billion euros).

Net profit rose by 66.5 percent to 468 million Swiss francs (€401 million), with operating profit soaring 69.5 percent to 629 million Swiss francs (€539 million), the statement said. Swatch added that the group expects further growth in the second half of the year.

More here:

https://www.thelocal.ch/20180718/making ... cord-sales
Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and you'll have his shoes.
SynMike
Founding Member - WIS

Re: Swatch Brands - All Time Record Sales

Postby Falstaff » July 19th 2018, 6:55am

Millennials? Aren't they worried that the watch covers part of their sleeve tats? Guess we can look forward to articles such as "What's the best watch to wear with a porkpie hat?" or "Should my watch match the color of my fair trade single origin latte?" or "Best vegetable based watch straps for a vegan."
"General, those brave men will not surrender - what shall we do?"
"Kill them all then, colonel. I would not have them be brave in the Devil's service!"

Major Gen'l. Thomas J. Jackson CSA
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Return to General Watch talk