Thirty grand

Thirty grand

Postby Pubbie » June 28th 2018, 9:04am

That's the price (in USD) for Rolex Bolerow (the new steel GMT master) if you buy one from a grey dealer in England or Germany. Or from a "lucky" chap who got on "the list" from "his AD", so he could "acquire" one with "funds" before "flipping" because he "didn't bond" with it and it so happens that he can triple his "investment".

It's up to $30,000 now. When will it reach $35,000? or $40,000? You can buy the white gold one anywhere, that's not enough of a signal so the price of the gold version is irrelevant. Signal your virtue on a postcard, please!
Pubbie
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Thirty grand

Postby conjurer » June 28th 2018, 9:56am

Dang.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby smellody » June 28th 2018, 10:40am

Rolex! Nice work chaps.
smellody
Founding Member - WIS

Postby foghorn » June 28th 2018, 11:00am

I don't know what's more fucked up. The price or the people paying it.

Why, he's no fun, he fell right over.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby smellody » June 28th 2018, 1:11pm

It ain't going to stop..... at least while the economy is strong.
smellody
Founding Member - WIS

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » June 28th 2018, 1:57pm

foghorn wrote:I don't know what's more fucked up. The price or the people paying it.

Both, equally.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

A man's got to know his limitations...
Inspector Harry Callahan

Mr. Bloke & No Co. , Patented Walloping Services, est.2016
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby 3Flushes » June 28th 2018, 3:16pm

foghorn wrote:I don't know what's more fucked up. The price or the people paying it.

Hell fog, why not? I'd stick it up the ass of takers all day long if I had a skill or a widget I could whore out for that kind of money.

Shortly after moving home, I bumped into a chick I know from high school in the Kroegers. The years having been much kinder to her than to myself; I asked her to have dinner with me the next night at our favorite Italian joint (64 years in business) in our old neighborhood. To make a long story short, she had a purse made from geometrically shaped pieces of plastic glued onto some kind of fabric. $3600. To be fair, it was a fairly good sized bag. The "designer" who perpetrates this fraud on the public can't make the damn things fast enough, they are frequently sold out. This Rolex is almost a bargain by comparison.

Parenthetically, I was so incredible in the sack after dinner she faked three orgasms. Just when I was feeling a little bit young'ish, during the small talk in the after-shower, I found out that I was incredible in bed actually meant that I'm her only lay from high school who she's screwed with again since who can still get it up. And you know what, I'll fuckin' take that. And trust and believe that I will be at the next reunion.

She was so grateful to be with a boner again, she gave me a bottle (the big bottle, too) of one of this designer guy's French toilet water (wtf, they make Perrier from it, too) after shaves which I actually like a lot. ` BUT, the best thing I got was a bottle of the best Bourbon I've ever had in my life from a local distillery who uses all Colorado grown grains. They have several different bottles, some bottled in bond. I got the Farmer's bottle- 100 proof made from the grains the distillery's farms determine to be the best of their harvest. It's a little hot. There's even a little canvas sack of sample grains used in the batch tied to the neck of the bottle. The four grain basic bottle- 95 proof) is also outstanding. It is from Laws Whiskey House. They may do mail order from the website but you can check there to see if their distribution has reached your area. They are getting a lot of world wide attention- if you are a fan of brown beverages, do yourself a favor and see if you can find some. Try it neat with a teeny, weeney drop of water to hold the nose in the glass and take a little sniff as you drink it. Good shit.
Copyright ©️ 2018 3flushes Media.

"When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby conjurer » June 28th 2018, 3:38pm

3Flushes wrote:

Hell fog, why not? I'd stick it up the ass of takers all day long if I had a skill or a widget I could whore out for that kind of money.

Shortly after moving home, I bumped into a chick I know from high school in the Kroegers. The years having been much kinder to her than to myself; I asked her to have dinner with me the next night at our favorite Italian joint (64 years in business) in our old neighborhood. To make a long story short, she had a purse made from geometrically shaped pieces of plastic glued onto some kind of fabric. $3600. To be fair, it was a fairly good sized bag. The "designer" who perpetrates this fraud on the public can't make the damn things fast enough, they are frequently sold out. This Rolex is almost a bargain by comparison.

Parenthetically, I was so incredible in the sack after dinner she faked three orgasms. Just when I was feeling a little bit young'ish, during the small talk in the after-shower, I found out that I was incredible in bed actually meant that I'm her only lay from high school who she's screwed with again since who can still get it up. And you know what, I'll fuckin' take that. And trust and believe that I will be at the next reunion.

She was so grateful to be with a boner again, she gave me a bottle (the big bottle, too) of one of this designer guy's French toilet water (wtf, they make Perrier from it, too) after shaves which I actually like a lot. ` BUT, the best thing I got was a bottle of the best Bourbon I've ever had in my life from a local distillery who uses all Colorado grown grains. They have several different bottles, some bottled in bond. I got the Farmer's bottle- 100 proof made from the grains the distillery's farms determine to be the best of their harvest. It's a little hot. There's even a little canvas sack of sample grains used in the batch tied to the neck of the bottle. The four grain basic bottle- 95 proof) is also outstanding. It is from Laws Whiskey House. They may do mail order from the website but you can check there to see if their distribution has reached your area. They are getting a lot of world wide attention- if you are a fan of brown beverages, do yourself a favor and see if you can find some. Try it neat with a teeny, weeney drop of water to hold the nose in the glass and take a little sniff as you drink it. Good shit.

That's a beautiful fucking story, Triple. It brought tears to my old eyes. Next time, talk more about the fucking and less about the booze. Thanks in advance.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby bedlam » June 28th 2018, 5:04pm

So many sheep with money and a need for other sheep to approve of them.
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
Master of Time

Postby smellody » June 28th 2018, 5:07pm

Sheep like each other
smellody
Founding Member - WIS

Postby smellody » June 28th 2018, 5:11pm

I was just checking recon and realize that I am officially out of the game. I am super happy with my modest little oyster collection and have done super enjoying, then flipping/trading to attain some higher end models.... but in reviewing the few that I would still like to add to the collection, they have gone from say $14k to now $40k. I could never justify that out of pocket.....

Will start adding with a new focus of watches that are attainable.

Wish I were a richer sheep.
smellody
Founding Member - WIS

Postby conjurer » June 28th 2018, 5:35pm

Dr. Smells out of the Rolex game? I call bullshit!!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby smellody » June 28th 2018, 5:36pm

conjurer wrote:Dr. Smells out of the Rolex game? I call bullshit!!

Out of attaining sports models.... unless I get REALLY lucky.
smellody
Founding Member - WIS

Postby bedlam » June 28th 2018, 5:39pm

smellody wrote:I was just checking recon and realize that I am officially out of the game. I am super happy with my modest little oyster collection and have done super enjoying, then flipping/trading to attain some higher end models.... but in reviewing the few that I would still like to add to the collection, they have gone from say $14k to now $40k. I could never justify that out of pocket.....

Even if I was more flush than Mayweather, I still wouldn't part with big money for stuff where the price bears no relationship to the technology and craftsmanship of the item itself.
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
Master of Time

Postby conjurer » June 28th 2018, 5:41pm

bedlam wrote:
smellody wrote:I was just checking recon and realize that I am officially out of the game. I am super happy with my modest little oyster collection and have done super enjoying, then flipping/trading to attain some higher end models.... but in reviewing the few that I would still like to add to the collection, they have gone from say $14k to now $40k. I could never justify that out of pocket.....

Even if I was more flush than Mayweather, I still wouldn't part with big money for stuff where the price bears no relationship to the technology and craftsmanship of the item itself.

I call bullshit! If you had that kind of dosh, you'd be lighting cigars with flaming bums!!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Hawk » June 29th 2018, 8:21am

bedlam wrote:Even if I was more flush than Mayweather, I still wouldn't part with big money for stuff where the price bears no relationship to the technology and craftsmanship of the item itself.

It also bears no relation to what Rolex thinks it's worth.

If Rolex elected to do so they could drop the price of the bootlegged versions by 2/3 by simply ramping up production such that they sold for MSRP. Given what they've been bitching about relative to gray markets I wouldn't put it past them. If so, those that spent 30 large would know how tulip bulb or beanie baby speculators felt like.
This space available for lease
Hawk
ASSHAT

Postby conjurer » June 29th 2018, 9:18am

To be fair, Rolex also leans on ADs who were charging a premium:

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/consum ... hot-models

The fact that Rolex has their retailers under such an iron boot reflects on gray market prices--from what I've seen, you're lucky to get 10%, or even five, off of hot models. And like Dr. Smells sez above, the secondary market on the steel sports models is going fucking nutz.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Hawk » June 29th 2018, 10:29am

Probably better off dropping 30 large on tulip bulbs.
This space available for lease
Hawk
ASSHAT

Postby foghorn » June 29th 2018, 10:40am

Rawlecks is the bestest wArtCh wut eye wants too own!!!

Why, he's no fun, he fell right over.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby conjurer » June 29th 2018, 12:08pm

foghorn wrote:Rawlecks is the bestest wArtCh wut eye wants too own!!!

Bazinga!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Return to General Watch talk