8 Ways To Explain 'Another' Watch To Your Significant Other

8 Ways To Explain 'Another' Watch To Your Significant Other

Postby Racer-X » May 27th 2018, 2:55am

by Felix Scholz "Editor’s note: It’s getting close to end of financial year here in Australia, a time when, traditionally, watch lovers start counting their fiscal chickens before they’re hatched, and allocating that spend to the less essential things in life … like watches.

Now, in a shock twist that I’m sure you’re all pretty familiar with, it turns out significant others don’t *always* see the fiscal sense in dropping serious coin on yet another watch that is, let’s face it, pretty much exactly the same as all the others you own. Andy Green has taken on the dangerous task of evaluating eight common strategies for spousal approval. Be warned though, results may vary. "

https://timeandtidewatches.com/editors-pick-8-ways-to-let-your-significant-other-know-youre-spending-more-money-than-is-sensible-on-another-watch/
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Re: 8 Ways To Explain 'Another' Watch To Your Significant Ot

Postby biglove » May 27th 2018, 7:36am

Anyone who has been collecting watches for more than a few mi the knows these all quite well. I have used them all!
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."- Mark Twain

biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby foghorn » May 27th 2018, 7:43am

I never had to use any. My watches are my interest and my wife has no interest at all in them. I've never been questioned about new watches, number of watches or any of that stuff.

Why, he's no fun, he fell right over.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » May 27th 2018, 7:46am

Guess I'm lucky, too - my wife is into the hobby as well. She doesn't mind me picking up something as long as I pay liquid cash. That's the rule that works for me - never on credit, and never go into debt for pleasure.
Proof that quartz is still not only viable, but sometimes, something to covet: Grand Seiko.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby Thunder1 » May 27th 2018, 7:47am

Well, some of us might be in differing circumstances...lest we forget, if you have a dozen or so, then they all begin to look alike to some, right?..especially if you switch what is worn often enough...and btw, it can be very helpful to take advantage of a friend's mailing address...
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Kahuna74 » May 28th 2018, 4:12am

My wife does not care what I do with my hard earned money, as long as I pay my sure of the bills. I think I'm up to about forty again with one, maybe two incoming. I give a few away to our charity here and one or two away to friends as I get bored with them. And some I have had for the better part of my life and are not going anywhere.
Kahuna74
Senior Member & WIS

Postby bedlam » May 28th 2018, 7:13pm

Same here, my partner has no interest and trusts me to do the right thing. I tend to run a fund with fixed limits and move some items to make room for a new watch.

My diving habit chews more money than the watches.
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
WIS Divemaster

Postby conjurer » May 28th 2018, 10:24pm

bedlam wrote:Same here, my partner has no interest and trusts me to do the right thing. I tend to run a fund with fixed limits and move some items to make room for a new watch.

Watch collecting doesn't give you the bends or gets your ass eaten by a fucking shark, though.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby bedlam » May 29th 2018, 1:36am

conjurer wrote:
bedlam wrote:Same here, my partner has no interest and trusts me to do the right thing. I tend to run a fund with fixed limits and move some items to make room for a new watch.

Watch collecting doesn't give you the bends or gets your ass eaten by a fucking shark, though.

I'd prefer to go out in the big blue than die of old age reading TZ-UK posts.
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
WIS Divemaster

Postby relaxer7 » May 30th 2018, 4:31am

[/quote]
I'd prefer to go out in the big blue than die of old age reading TZ-UK posts.[/quote]

Quote of the day hahaha
relaxer7
Senior Member & WIS

Return to General Watch talk