Avoid Buying These Types Of Luxury Watches

Avoid Buying These Types Of Luxury Watches

Postby Racer-X » May 27th 2018, 2:48am

by Ariel Adams "As someone who gives out advice on buying watches for a living, I tend to notice trends that, in turn, become rules that can help people avoid potentially expensive mistakes. That’s what this article is: a list of situations I’ve noticed that often make for..."

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/avoid-buying-these-types-luxury-watches/
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Avoid Buying These Types Of Luxury Watches

Postby Pubbie » May 27th 2018, 3:33am

“Avoid buying watches that I personally don’t like and that others may not want to buy, after as we assume, you will automatically sell it”. Top shite from the internet there. Everyone’s a trader, eh? Also A Blog to Hodinkee has wanked itself to dust over plenty of unreadable crap in the past, so I can only assume that Aerial needed a bit of cash and it was a very, very slow news week.
Pubbie
Senior Member & WIS

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » May 27th 2018, 4:54am

REL never disappoints, when it comes to delivering an editorial that's an unbearable wankfest.

However, in all of that furious fapping of his, there actually were a few good points, which - by REL's standards - is rather surprising.

Gaudy, gem-set shite - it's never wrong to bash it.

Alleged historical significance - there, he actually advises not to buy what Hoodwinkee advises to buy. Hoodwinkee tends to wank to almost inexistent significance to build up the hype, so it's nice to see someone saying "it's a load of bollocks."

Watches with a lot of complications made by a dead brand - if we're talking of in-house movements or at least in-house modules, good luck with sourcing spare parts. Parts even for common generic movements tend to be hardly available - or even obsolete - these days.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Mr. Bloke & No Co. , Patented Walloping Services, est.2016
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » May 29th 2018, 7:30am

Wow, the site got a spiffy new redesign.

Lipstick on a pig.
A tale of six Seikos (two Kinetics, two autos, two Solar): FIVE of them have disintegrated, three while being stored. Please, explain to me that whole "bang for the buck" thing again.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Return to General Watch talk