Watch forums gone from view

Watch forums gone from view

Postby koimaster » May 23rd 2018, 10:22am

BDWF is currently going through some changes and hopefully it will work out for them. Watchfreeks also made some major updates and is having issues as well and have ever since they made some changes and migrated to a new server. BDWF had a software change it appears and the site has now allegedly been moved to a new server AND domain. http://thewatchforum.net/forum/index.php

I am not certain what is going on these days with forums. Watchtalkforum aka wtf is almost dead, others barely have posts except inane ones which are clones of the ones on the now dead watch sales forum. It appears to me that Asia and Europe have robust forums which might be due to either over population, boredom with wives or just plain need to get laid. At any rate one of the reasons we have held off upgrading the newest version of the forum software is due to all of the updates and patches out there needed to stabilize the software. Dion who is out tech guru for the forum has advised to keep our software where it is but we do have robust security here. Aside from a firewall we have other security features. To me your information is more important than anything else.

We can change forum templates and there are a couple that you can change to in your user CP and in the future we may add a couple of more but unless something really great comes out that has been tested for a couple of years I foresee no major changes except to the servers. We have a RAID 10 MVPS SSL server meaning that our hard drives are SSL (is as fast as memory speed) and RAID 10 means that we can lose two drives in the server and still function as if all drives were running without a loss of data. There is antivirus running on our server as well as anti-spam. We archive our forum daily through our hosting company and I also back up the server to my own server at the house every night.

No one can move this forum without my consent as the forum is locked down at our hosting site. With all of that crap I just wrote, over the years such places as the horology guild, desk diver and others have gone away.

I read the other day that some at watchforums.net want to change their name to something else including horology hor :lol:

Here are a few that we own as a forum and we did pick up the two BDWF related one just for the folks there. The BDWF domain is owned by Mike who most know. The new domain that bdwf(?) resides on now is owned by Rick whoever of Doxa.

bdwf.rocks
bestdamnwatchforum.com

DESKDIVER.ORG
THEHOROLOGYGUILD.COM
WATCHSNOB.NET & ORG
HAWAIIANLIFEGUARDASSOCIATION.NET :mrgreen:

Or we could start a doxa related forum or online store. 8-)

doxausa.net
doxausa.org
doxawatches.org
doxausa.online
doxawatches.online

We still own these but probably never get used at this point since that war is just about done.

INVICTAFORUMS.NET
INVICTAMIZED.COM
INVICTASUCKS.COM
INVICTASUCKS.NET

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Watch forums gone from view

Postby foghorn » May 23rd 2018, 10:27am

Don't forget the late,great, Watchpimps :mrgreen:

Why, he's no fun, he fell right over.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby conjurer » May 23rd 2018, 10:30am

:okk:
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby koimaster » May 23rd 2018, 10:38am

foghorn wrote:Don't forget the late,great, Watchpimps :mrgreen:

And watchbros as well. :) Tech time talk or 3t is on life support from what I can see.

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby JAS1125 » May 23rd 2018, 11:17am

I read the other day that some at watchforums.net want to change their name to something else including horology hor :lol:

That was me in that thread....
I stated that if I had a forum, I thought the House of Horology was a cool name, and I believe Artie said it could be called Hor House :mrgreen:

By the way, I'm still waiting for a response from Mike to my inquiries on the status of BDWF.
JAS1125
Watchlord WIS

Postby TemerityB » May 23rd 2018, 11:49am

What was that other one, Talk About Watches or something, featuring "Bichon Daddy" (our own favorite rotisserie chicken lover) complaining that watches are too expensive on every thread, if not featuring pics of Stuhrling Originals straining to pop right off his cornish hen-like leashing wrist?
Proof that quartz is still not only viable, but sometimes, something to covet: Grand Seiko.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby koimaster » May 23rd 2018, 11:52am

TemerityB wrote:What was that other one, Talk About Watches or something, featuring "Bichon Daddy" (our own favorite rotisserie chicken lover) complaining that watches are too expensive on every thread, if not featuring pics of Stuhrling Originals straining to pop right off his cornish hen-like leashing wrist?

Lest we forget the infamous Renato forums.

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Return to General Watch talk