Five Best New Watches Under $1,000

Five Best New Watches Under $1,000

Postby TemerityB » May 22nd 2018, 7:30am

From Bloomberg (?)/The Edge:

We have said it many times in the past, but honestly we probably cannot repeat it enough: You do not have to spend thousands of dollars to get a great watch. Sure, unlimited budgets make almost everything in life a whole lot easier, but if you are willing to do your research and avoid the rap-lyric brand names, there are plenty of watches that anyone can be proud to wear with only three figures on the price tag. Whether you are a new collector looking for your first “serious” watch or someone with a healthy group of watches already in rotation who is looking to add something fun, here are five new (or newish) watches for under US$1,000 (RM3,980) that our editors love.

For non-link clickers, their picks:
Casio G-Shock GW-5000
Mido Commander Shade
Seiko Prospex Diver SPB0079
Hamilton Khaki Field Mechanical
Tissot Ballade (Powermatic 80)

Photos of only two of them, and the lack of model numbers for the Tissot and Hamilton is just lazy. I like the Mido and the Seiko out of this bunch.

http://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/w ... der-us1000
A tale of six Seikos (two Kinetics, two autos, two Solar): FIVE of them have disintegrated, three while being stored. Please, explain to me that whole "bang for the buck" thing again.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Re: Five Best New Watches Under $1,000

Postby foghorn » May 22nd 2018, 7:50am

Isn't a "modified version of the eta 2824 with the addition of a day wheel" called the eta 2836?? I thought so.

Why, he's no fun, he fell right over.
foghorn
Founding Member - WIS

Re: Five Best New Watches Under $1,000

Postby TemerityB » May 22nd 2018, 11:56am

foghorn wrote:Isn't a "modified version of the eta 2824 with the addition of a day wheel" called the eta 2836?? I thought so.

Consider the source. :wink: It always fucks with my brain that it's likely these mokes get paid to do these articles.
A tale of six Seikos (two Kinetics, two autos, two Solar): FIVE of them have disintegrated, three while being stored. Please, explain to me that whole "bang for the buck" thing again.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Return to General Watch talk