10 Cool Chronographs of Baselworld 2018

10 Cool Chronographs of Baselworld 2018

Postby koimaster » April 21st 2018, 8:57am

After our Top Ten countdown of the best Dive watches, the best GMT watches and the best Tourbillon watches of Baselworld 2018, it’s time to focus on one of the most important and popular categories: chronographs. This edition of the Basel Watch Fair proved, yet again, that the chronograph can be morphed into any style: elegant, sporty, modern, vintage, affordable, exclusive. So here is our eclectic selection of the Ten coolest chronographs introduced at Baselworld 2018.

https://monochrome-watches.com/buying-g ... orld-2018/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: 10 Cool Chronographs of Baselworld 2018

Postby conjurer » April 21st 2018, 9:12am

Some nice "starter" watches there!
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby foghorn » April 21st 2018, 9:21am

Most look like they should be taken out back and shot. The Daytona should be hung first, then shot.

Why, he's no fun, he fell right over.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » April 21st 2018, 12:54pm

In the context of hanging, like, on a gallow, it's "hanged", not "hung", but I agree that it should be hanged and shot. Oh, and then quartered and fed to wild animals.

B&R - ghey.

Breguet Marine - Poor Abraham-Louis, with his name being put on such stuff.

Chopard - kind of nice, but these numerals just don't fit the rest of the design, and at this price point, a modular ETA is a joke.

Czapek- cool, but the date window blows.

The GO - cool.

ML Aikon - too big.

Omega CK2998 LE - erection-inducing.

PP 5270 - kind of nice, but because I don't like the Sterns, and it's yet another PP that various Mayers and Clymers will masturbate to, it has me unexcited.

Rolex Blue Oyster Perpetual Suckerlative Cockometer Facially Certifucked Cornholegraph Gheytona "Rainbow" - sends the the gheyometer readings off the charts.

TH Carrera tourbillon - ghastly fucking thing, this one. I really don't get the point of making three or so brands of one holding produce watches with identical design language. FFS, why is the virus JCB turning everything into Whoblows? The one thing that's good about these TH tourbillons is that they piss off dishonest wankers like the Sterns, who did in fact smear TH with bullshit about them "devaluing quality Swiss products" - I think that's what they said.
I mean, a tourbillon chrono offered for not so much by Swiss tourbillon price standards is just bound to annoy brands like Patek, who prefer to mindfuck their customers with stories of how it takes blood of a bat, tears of a virgin, a fern flower and muttering some black mojo shite over the workbench to build a tourbillon, and that it can be done only on a solstice or equinox. Still, the heathen land of Cathay has already proven TH and PP wrong by making turdbillions for a few hundred bucks.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Mr. Bloke & No Co. , Patented Walloping Services, est.2016
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby Thunder1 » April 21st 2018, 6:10pm

So many cooler chronos for so much less dinero out there...
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby bedlam » April 21st 2018, 7:39pm

The Omega is very nice. The rest are fairly meh.

The Rolex rates special mention as the worst piece of shit to grace my screen so far in 2018.
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
Master of Time

Postby artman » April 22nd 2018, 2:05am

I can see Smells rockn that Rolly. I can see myself in that ML.
artman
Master of Time

Postby 3Flushes » April 22nd 2018, 4:27am

The ML is too Oaky; like the GO and the Omega.
Copyright ©️ 2018 3flushes Media.

"When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Pubbie » April 22nd 2018, 7:38am

Of course none of them are cool unless you're a rich man with a trust fund and don't need or have a job so you can afford to talk about them all day.

B&R: looks like a child's toy
Bregust Marine: like something Oscar Wilde would wear - monocle-wearers only need apply
Chopard - about the only one I'd wear
Crappek - maybe this too
Glasshut - looks it's basically upside down
ML - looks like the lovechild of a Royal Oak and Omega Constellation - neither one thing nor the other
Omega - Another Yawnmaster oh goodie.
Patek - see Breguet
Rolex - need I bother?
TAG Heuer - a mess

So basically all the brands that make WIS reach furtively for the contents of their frilly knickers have curled out some pretty execrable filler this year. Only interesting ones for me a by a brand commonly castigated by know-nothings as a jewellery company, and a start-up with a name similar to the english word for indoor plumbing.
Pubbie
Senior Member & WIS

Postby TemerityB » April 22nd 2018, 8:29pm

The only one on that list I'd consider is the Omega, and at that, I'd rather have a different Omega chrono, so nah.
Since many people weren't in lockstep with his beloved cheese box shit watch brand, The Cruise King ran off blowing snot bubbles, far away from his once-beloved forum. Here, eat this mudpie, Paw Paw. It tastes like a Hershey bar. Go ahead, dig in.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Return to General Watch talk