5 Of The Best Classic Three-Hand Timepieces With Date

5 Of The Best Classic Three-Hand Timepieces With Date

Postby koimaster » March 12th 2018, 9:45am

by Sabine Zwettler

If we boil the functions and our expectations for a decent timepiece down to their pure essences, we arrive at the mere indication of time: the hours, minutes, and seconds that dominate our daily schedule.

A nice add-on is the date indication because in these fast-paced times we tend to lose track of the date – at least I note that it happens to me with increasing frequency. Therefore, if we want to go simple and plain regarding watches, classic three-hand timepieces with date indication are a perfect choice.

By forgoing additional functions, these frill-free styles with clean, clear dials fulfill the main task of a watch: to simply display the time in an easily readable manner. And they are also easy to maintain and relatively inexpensive (see Lukasz Doskocz’s Give Me Five! 5 Of The Best Value-For-Money Watches At SIHH 2018).

In light of the somewhat more modest tendencies of watchmaking over the last couple of years, I have the impression that a host of classic timepieces from high-end brands have recently hit the market offering a sheer endless variety of awesome styles and variations.

What they all have in common is their meticulous attention to detail, including numerals, hands, case sizes, and materials as well as color schemes and top-notch straps and bracelets, which result in the classiest of looks.

I feel that the designers and watchmakers have been pulling out all the stops to create finer timekeepers with strong personalities. This trend was clearly to be observed at the 2018 SIHH.

Therefore, picking out my favorite five “three-hands plus” from the fantastic watches on display was certainly not easy. I could easily extend this list to “give me 50”!

https://quillandpad.com/2018/03/06/5-be ... sihh-2018/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Return to General Watch talk