MEET SOPHY RINDLER, HOROLOGY CONSULTANT

MEET SOPHY RINDLER, HOROLOGY CONSULTANT

Postby koimaster » December 15th 2017, 2:15am

wants to keep all our shoppers and readers informed of the latest trends and industry news and to introduce you to new opinions and perspectives in the world of fine jewelry and watches. In turn, we’re bringing on board a handful of fresh expert voices, including watch and horology consultant Sophy Rindler. Stay tuned for interviews with even more industry movers and shakers on The Loupe!

The global community of watchmakers, collectors and aficionados is a remarkably tight-knit crew—but the industry landscape is changing and growing. More independent brands are emerging, legacy brands are evolving to appeal to modern tastes and a new generation of younger collectors is taking a strong interest in the tradition of watch collecting.

And a notable mover and shaker in this expanding space is Sophy Rindler. Sophy is a well-known name and face in the industry and has an incredible knack for bringing together key players in the horology industry.

https://www.truefacet.com/guide/meet-so ... onsultant/
Image

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
User avatar
koimaster
Administrator/Founder
 
Posts: 35216
Joined: December 16th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: Oregon

Re: MEET SOPHY RINDLER, HOROLOGY CONSULTANT

Postby bobbee » December 15th 2017, 3:04am

She can reseat my jewels any time.
I like the watches she makes, but the brand name sucks the old root.
"O' cruel fate, to be thusly boned! Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee." ~ Bender Bending Rodriguez

"My father is a mountain, my mother is a washing machine." ~ Cory Doctorow
User avatar
bobbee
Master of Time
 
Posts: 2032
Joined: November 30th 2016, 1:01am

Re: MEET SOPHY RINDLER, HOROLOGY CONSULTANT

Postby Mortuus » December 15th 2017, 3:43am

That oughtta be the title of a song: "She's Kinda Cute, But Her Watch Brand Sucks the Root." Would've been a great cover tune for Tom Petty...with backup vocals by Bob Dylan, perhaps.

She IS kind of cute. Yeah, she'd get it...bukkake mas fina!
:3
"Great wisdom is generous; petty wisdom is contentious. Great speech is impassioned, small speech is cantankerous" - Zhuangzi
User avatar
Mortuus
Senior Member
 
Posts: 8768
Joined: February 3rd 2012, 11:00pm
Location: Rancho Santa Fe, CA

Re: MEET SOPHY RINDLER, HOROLOGY CONSULTANT

Postby foghorn » December 15th 2017, 4:48am

So you pay Soapy to locate a watch for you and she does. But she takes a shine to it and decides that, fuck you client I'm keeping this and you can wait for the next one.
Alluring Shillstress the second.
Image



Why, he's no fun, he fell right over.
User avatar
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time
 
Posts: 17382
Joined: December 18th 2009, 11:00pm

Re: MEET SOPHY RINDLER, HOROLOGY CONSULTANT

Postby Rusty » December 15th 2017, 6:57am

Something tells me that Sophy doesn’t collect Timex...
User avatar
Rusty
Master of Time
 
Posts: 1484
Joined: November 5th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: South of Lake Ontario

Re: MEET SOPHY RINDLER, HOROLOGY CONSULTANT

Postby Thunder1 » December 15th 2017, 7:28am

Rusty wrote:Something tells me that Sophy doesn’t collect Timex...

Yeppers..
Image
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
User avatar
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 4297
Joined: June 22nd 2015, 4:55am
Location: Texas Hill Country near Austin

Re: MEET SOPHY RINDLER, HOROLOGY CONSULTANT

Postby Falstaff » December 15th 2017, 8:10am

foghorn wrote:So you pay Soapy to locate a watch for you and she does. But she takes a shine to it and decides that, fuck you client I'm keeping this and you can wait for the next one.
Alluring Shillstress the second.



Sort of a "Rindler's List".
"General, those brave men will not surrender - what shall we do?"
"Kill them all then, colonel. I would not have them be brave in the Devil's service!"

Major Gen'l. Thomas J. Jackson CSA
User avatar
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS
 
Posts: 6972
Joined: August 31st 2010, 10:00pm

Re: MEET SOPHY RINDLER, HOROLOGY CONSULTANT

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » December 15th 2017, 9:28am

#1 Tip for Seasoned Collectors: Don’t buy vintage watches unless you are being advised by one of the few experts that exist in the world.

Oh, knock it off! Is every single person calling themself a horologist or horology consultant such an utter arse? That "tip" is effectively sending people right into the welcoming arms of the most pretentious sods in the entire community, the self-appointed "horologists" and "experts!" She can suck my...whoa, wait, OK - I wouldn't mind her doing that.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Mr. Bloke & No Co. , Patented Walloping Services, est.2016
User avatar
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
 
Posts: 1702
Joined: December 7th 2016, 2:47pm

Re: MEET SOPHY RINDLER, HOROLOGY CONSULTANT

Postby conjurer » December 15th 2017, 9:58am

Falstaff wrote:
foghorn wrote:So you pay Soapy to locate a watch for you and she does. But she takes a shine to it and decides that, fuck you client I'm keeping this and you can wait for the next one.
Alluring Shillstress the second.



Sort of a "Rindler's List".


TMMLH, you bastard.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.


--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
User avatar
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time
 
Posts: 27316
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm

Re: MEET SOPHY RINDLER, HOROLOGY CONSULTANT

Postby TemerityB » December 15th 2017, 11:31am

I've always looked at True Facet for the amazing amount of pre-owned they stock, but I honestly haven't been able to discern whether True Facet might be a decent place to try or just another scuzzy, Frankenwatch-selling scumbag NYC Diamond District come-on huckster hoax (unlike tokker, I don't even like to walk in the DD). I've yet to read about a single person who has dealt with TF.
Since many people weren't in lockstep with his beloved cheese box shit watch brand, The Cruise King ran off blowing snot bubbles, far away from his once-beloved forum. Here, eat this mudpie, Paw Paw. It tastes like a Hershey bar. Go ahead, dig in.
User avatar
TemerityB
ASSHAT
 
Posts: 14384
Joined: June 12th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: New York City

Re: MEET SOPHY RINDLER, HOROLOGY CONSULTANT

Postby Mortuus » December 15th 2017, 11:44pm

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:
#1 Tip for Seasoned Collectors: Don’t buy vintage watches unless you are being advised by one of the few experts that exist in the world.

Oh, knock it off! Is every single person calling themself a horologist or horology consultant such an utter arse? That "tip" is effectively sending people right into the welcoming arms of the most pretentious sods in the entire community, the self-appointed "horologists" and "experts!" She can suck my...whoa, wait, OK - I wouldn't mind her doing that.

Dammit, bloke, if I weren't Jewish, I'd have that whole quote tattoo'd on me torso, over here...that was damned well said...
User avatar
Mortuus
Senior Member
 
Posts: 8768
Joined: February 3rd 2012, 11:00pm
Location: Rancho Santa Fe, CA

Re: MEET SOPHY RINDLER, HOROLOGY CONSULTANT

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » December 16th 2017, 5:56am

Mortuus wrote:
MKTheVintageBloke wrote:
#1 Tip for Seasoned Collectors: Don’t buy vintage watches unless you are being advised by one of the few experts that exist in the world.

Oh, knock it off! Is every single person calling themself a horologist or horology consultant such an utter arse? That "tip" is effectively sending people right into the welcoming arms of the most pretentious sods in the entire community, the self-appointed "horologists" and "experts!" She can suck my...whoa, wait, OK - I wouldn't mind her doing that.

Dammit, bloke, if I weren't Jewish, I'd have that whole quote tattoo'd on me torso, over here...that was damned well said...

Thanks, Mort. There's a way around everything, you know - you can put that quote on a T-shirt ;)
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Mr. Bloke & No Co. , Patented Walloping Services, est.2016
User avatar
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
 
Posts: 1702
Joined: December 7th 2016, 2:47pm


Return to General Watch talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests