Govberg/Watchbox going global

Govberg/Watchbox going global

Postby Falstaff » December 14th 2017, 12:47pm

Apparently they intend to be the international platform for pre-owned luxe watches - or a glorified grey market.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/inq- ... 71201.html
"General, those brave men will not surrender - what shall we do?"
"Kill them all then, colonel. I would not have them be brave in the Devil's service!"

Major Gen'l. Thomas J. Jackson CSA
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Re: Govberg/Watchbox going global

Postby 3Flushes » December 14th 2017, 12:58pm

This sounds bad for competition / prices.
Copyright ©️ 2018 3flushes Media.

"When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » December 14th 2017, 1:43pm

Their YouTube channel is among the least annoying of its kind, but frankly, I don't know just who the fuck runs their marketing. First it's Watchuwant, then Govberg and Watchuwant, then it's Watchuwant again, now Watchbox. How many more times are they going to give the company a rebranding?
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Mr. Bloke & No Co. , Patented Walloping Services, est.2016
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » December 14th 2017, 5:01pm

Govberg/WatchUWant has already long led the 'Net pack with its pre-owned gouging, and by miles. They talk about revolutionary this and that, but in reality I think their buyers pay a premium to keep those YouTube dog and pony shows running. A few years back, I saw a Seamaster I wanted at WatchUWant, but the price was like 100 bucks off list when the thing was new. A few months later, I bought the same pre-owned model for about $900 less - at a freakin' Tourneau, for heaven's sake.

I, too, watch some of their reviews and such from time to time, but their sales site I ignore like it's the last girl at the bar at 4 am - nothing good could possibly come of pursuing it.
Since many people weren't in lockstep with his beloved cheese box shit watch brand, The Cruise King ran off blowing snot bubbles, far away from his once-beloved forum. Here, eat this mudpie, Paw Paw. It tastes like a Hershey bar. Go ahead, dig in.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Return to General Watch talk