Holiday deals

Holiday deals

Postby svaglic » November 30th 2017, 8:25pm

Anyone have any luck in holiday deals? Not me, I was hoping for deals on Mondaine, Zodiac, Rado, Glycine or anything 41mm or below that looked nice. I know what I want, I'm just not seeing it or it is too large for my wrist, like the Alpina Seastrong or a Tissot diver.

I figured out why I am having a tough time lately. When I first got into watches, I had nothing so there was a lot of stuff that I could get. Now that I have most bases covered in movements, dials or design, what will fit in or a color I want seems tough to find. Plus, I'm happy with what I have so it's hard to find stuff come up that keeps that going.
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: Holiday deals

Postby Racer-X » November 30th 2017, 8:35pm

Edit: Posting some now.
Last edited by Racer-X on November 30th 2017, 9:41pm, edited 3 times in total.
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Postby artman » November 30th 2017, 8:36pm

Friends and Family sale at Macy's. 45% off most of the watches. That Citizen Promaster on a steel bracelet felt really good. With the discount it's $70 less than Amazon.
artman
Senior Member & WIS

Postby conjurer » November 30th 2017, 11:43pm

svaglic wrote:Anyone have any luck in holiday deals? Not me, I was hoping for deals on Mondaine, Zodiac, Rado, Glycine or anything 41mm or below that looked nice. I know what I want, I'm just not seeing it or it is too large for my wrist, like the Alpina Seastrong or a Tissot diver.

I figured out why I am having a tough time lately. When I first got into watches, I had nothing so there was a lot of stuff that I could get. Now that I have most bases covered in movements, dials or design, what will fit in or a color I want seems tough to find. Plus, I'm happy with what I have so it's hard to find stuff come up that keeps that going.

Quite so. Like many of us, I started this Thing of Ours early on, with Seiko and, somewhat later, an Air King. Then I was happy for fifteen or twenty years, and bought a few TeeVee Wartchs. When you take a step down like that, everything is Up.

Our tastes grow. Nothing wrong with that, it's the way things go.
Jim...you are a ray of sunshine here.

--pacerguy, tonguing Jawbone's distended ballsack, at WITless.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » December 1st 2017, 10:52am

These days I find myself saving my pennies, so when, eventually, that one special piece shows up, I'll pounce. Other than that, I don't wanna spend money to "save" money picking up something I don't really need in the first place.

Today, anyway. :wink:
A tale of six Seikos (two Kinetics, two autos, two Solar): FIVE of them have disintegrated, three while being stored. Please, explain to me that whole "bang for the buck" thing again.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Return to General Watch talk