Cannon Aka Kayfaber a Watchgeek Moderator Accused of Being Scammer & Dishonest

Re: Cannon Aka Kayfaber a Watchgeek Moderator Accused of Being Scammer & Dishonest

Postby Guest » July 28th 2010, 10:20am

he's on facebook
Last edited by Guest on August 31st 2010, 5:09pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Cannon Aka Kayfaber a Watchgeek Moderator Accused of Being Scammer & Dishonest

Postby koimaster » July 28th 2010, 10:35am

Mark1 wrote:The dudes got to be legit-he's a wrestler. Search Cannon at this site and you'll see pics of him wearing the hat pictured in the WG my new watch post.

http://www.floridawrestlingfans.com/photo/2050372:Photo:867

is that him with the cheese bonnet on his head and tongue hanging out like a sick dog?

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby Mark1 » July 28th 2010, 10:45am

koimaster wrote:
Mark1 wrote:The dudes got to be legit-he's a wrestler. Search Cannon at this site and you'll see pics of him wearing the hat pictured in the WG my new watch post.

http://www.floridawrestlingfans.com/photo/2050372:Photo:867

is that him with the cheese bonnet on his head and tongue hanging out like a sick dog?

Yes, there are other pics wearing an Omega hat too.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Mark1
Founding Member - WIS

Re: Cannon Aka Kayfaber a Watchgeek Moderator Accused of Bei

Postby Suitekids » July 28th 2010, 11:02am

He is Big joe's buddy, and spent a week down there in florida at his house, hell pete even took him to his jeweler and big joe bought a omega planet ocean!
Suitekids

Postby Suitekids » July 30th 2010, 10:20am

buck298 wrote:The buyer should join Geeks, and leave negative feedback there as well.

I did join trying to track Kayfaber down, he never did tell me what forum he was at as a Mod. I found it at WUS when he changed his name there from Cannon to Kayfaber. It was a matter of checking everywhere with the name Cannon is how I finally found him. I joined Watchgeeks to go after him and post about this debaucle and was immediately intercepted by Chief68, who deleted my post. The PM's flew back and forth with Nick till I just hit a dead end. I was told by Nick this morning "He swears he didn't do it". So it doesn't surprise me, after reading all these things about Watchgeeks forum and staff. It's quite sad when the facts are presented and the staff and admin let it slide, because they don't have proof, as if there isn't enough. I even asked to be removed from the member list there so my good name would not be associated with that forum, I can't even get that satisfaction, but, thanks to you guys and a few other forums, have given me the venue to expose Pete Conlon for what he is, a liar, a cheat, and a thief. The forum that harbors this criminal has shown me and obviously others that they are no better, or even capable of more than this treachery. Anybody want to buy a nice Omega Chrono with no serial numbers and bogus paperwork??? Damn pitiful isn't it?
Suitekids

Postby koimaster » July 30th 2010, 10:37am

suitekids wrote:
buck298 wrote:The buyer should join Geeks, and leave negative feedback there as well.

I did join trying to track Kayfaber down, he never did tell me what forum he was at as a Mod. I found it at WUS when he changed his name there from Cannon to Kayfaber. It was a matter of checking everywhere with the name Cannon is how I finally found him. I joined Watchgeeks to go after him and post about this debaucle and was immediately intercepted by Chief68, who deleted my post. The PM's flew back and forth with Nick till I just hit a dead end. I was told by Nick this morning "He swears he didn't do it". So it doesn't surprise me, after reading all these things about Watchgeeks forum and staff. It's quite sad when the facts are presented and the staff and admin let it slide, because they don't have proof, as if there isn't enough. I even asked to be removed from the member list there so my good name would not be associated with that forum, I can't even get that satisfaction, but, thanks to you guys and a few other forums, have given me the venue to expose Pete Conlon for what he is, a liar, a cheat, and a thief. The forum that harbors this criminal has shown me and obviously others that they are no better, or even capable of more than this treachery. Anybody want to buy a nice Omega Chrono with no serial numbers and bogus paperwork??? Damn pitiful isn't it?

Welcome to the forum and we will continue to support you in this effort to get you funds back. My best advice at this point is to copy the original sales post, and all of the messages and posts including the infamous "2nd generation omega AD" and contact the police in his home town. The police report and investigation have to originate there. I would also contact your own PD with the documents.

Since he has made the absurd claim that his AD is a second generation Omega AD and this person had approved it, That party can be held liable also. Or it may be a lie, published on the internet for all to see, to justify fraud. It can be used as evidence.

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby BigCheez » July 30th 2010, 10:42am

Great advice, Koi!

Best of luck, suitekids; and welcome to the forum.
BigCheez
ASSHAT

Postby DBCooper » July 30th 2010, 10:45am

This is another one of the things that I saw happen over there. This guy gets ripped off by one on their buddies and they just make the whole thing dissappear. Unbelieveable
After all, no ham-wristed louts complained when all watches were 34mm - no cries of "looks like a little girl's watch on my wrist!" Like King Canute on the beach, that's where I draw the line - come what may.

Falstaff, May 19, 2014.
DBCooper
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Guest » July 30th 2010, 11:01am

Geeks looking out for shopnbc customers!

Postby boscoe » July 30th 2010, 11:03am

This guy is based in Florida, right?
PM me the details.
I'll even help you file police reports and small claims.
In fact, you may want to pursue small claims and wire fraud cases in your area.
boscoe
ASSHAT

Postby DMB » July 30th 2010, 12:12pm

BUMP
DMB

Postby DMB » July 30th 2010, 2:10pm

WUS is another place where you can't trust many of the people. This fucking hobby is going to shit.
DMB

Postby koimaster » July 30th 2010, 2:41pm

DMB wrote:WUS is another place where you can't trust many of the people. This fucking hobby is going to shit.

I have been pretty lucky thus far. Never had an issue except with a member of geeks who tried telling me that a BNIB watch had been abused and he was not going to pay for it. He did however try to keep it. He got served papers and I got the watch back sans the correct bracelet and $900 of his money in a judgement.

Otherwise, never an issue. I think that getting ripped off is the exception to the rule still. Of course now Canon has a lot in commone with chesdoggy.

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby BigCheez » July 30th 2010, 5:34pm

How did it end up with Accurat?
BigCheez
ASSHAT

Postby koimaster » July 30th 2010, 5:41pm

BigCheez wrote:How did it end up with Accurat?

AHH I forgot about that SOB and his rip offs

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby BigCheez » July 30th 2010, 5:43pm

Trevor was VERY involved in trying to help the guy get his money back...
BigCheez
ASSHAT

Postby Mark1 » July 30th 2010, 5:45pm

BigCheez wrote:How did it end up with Accurat?

I don't know it that was ever resolved but Accurat has disappeared from watch forums. Under that name at least. Trevor knows all the details on that episode.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Mark1
Founding Member - WIS

Postby Cali Kid » July 30th 2010, 6:27pm

Perfect name for him and he went into some hole and never came out, at least as accurat! I felt so bad for Kuldar a young guy from Estonia that bought rats watch, the kid only had 1 post at WUS and a few at WG's and Rat told him to send the money western union and long story short he never sent him a watch or could he show a USPS receipt! The kid had saw my name at a few forums (go figure me at a watch forum) and pm'ed me at WUS and i got accurats cell # and we drove him into the sewer! Sad thing is WG's banned Kuldar because he couldnt prove one of their members did this(he had the fucking western union tag with jays name on it)! Kuldar was legit and showed us at ZMT at the time the western union receipt with jays (rat) name on it and jay came on saying he got the money but had problems sending the watch to estonia and said it cost him 100 bones in shipping! I befriended Kuldar and sent him a brand new Deep Blue 1000 sea diver and he sent me a cool soviet era clock! Fuck you jay where ever you are hiding but felt i didnt want this kid to think all Americans were thiefs!
Watch i sent out of my collection

Cool clock he sent me back, this was a proud man and didnt want a handout so we called it a trade!

Watch wasnt the benarus sea-devil he ordered from accurat but kuldar was very happy with the deep blue and i made a friend i would have never had the chance to so thank you for that Jay, you fucking douchebag!
Cali Kid

Postby BigCheez » July 30th 2010, 6:33pm

Hard to believe these people would totally trash their reputation for one lousy watch sale.
BigCheez
ASSHAT

Postby koimaster » August 10th 2010, 7:27am

Whatever happened to this thread at the banning forum where a moderator going by the ID Canon was accused of selling an Omega with serial numbers removed?

Are the leaders at geekland protecting an alleged scammer?

http://watchgeeks.net/showthread.php?t=118167

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby suitekids » August 11th 2010, 4:53am

Yes they are, the response was: since it didn't happen there, I would have to prove it, even tho they also said "they know of me" and " seriously doubt he (suitekids) would grind off the numbers on a watch purchase from Cannon". So to me, they (admin) feel he did sell the watch under false pretenses, but fail to follow thru with the overwhelming concensus Pete "Cannon" Conlon is a thief. To save thier own face. Obviously there are so many faces to change they are stuck in thier own quagmire. Pitiful excuse for an explanation from them (admin/staff) at Watchgeeks. He still remains as a moderator there, unbelievable!!!
suitekids

Postby koimaster » August 11th 2010, 5:14am

suitekids wrote:Yes they are, the response was: since it didn't happen there, I would have to prove it, even tho they also said "they know of me" and " seriously doubt he (suitekids) would grind off the numbers on a watch purchase from Cannon". So to me, they (admin) feel he did sell the watch under false pretenses, but fail to follow thru with the overwhelming concensus Pete "Cannon" Conlon is a thief. To save thier own face. Obviously there are so many faces to change they are stuck in thier own quagmire. Pitiful excuse for an explanation from them (admin/staff) at Watchgeeks. He still remains as a moderator there, unbelievable!!!

I plan on making this a sticky so people are forewarned. Nothing the people running Watchgeeks do suprises me. Con men, grifters, former paid informants and liars

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby boscoe » August 11th 2010, 5:23am

Koi, you forgot asshats in your description
boscoe
ASSHAT

Postby BigCheez » August 11th 2010, 5:26am

I'm sorry you got scammed, suitekids.

Unfortunately WatchGeeks is a site:
1. Owned by people willing to say or do anything to make a buck.
2. Which is a shill for a (third-tier) home shopping channel run by people willing to say or do anything to make a buck.
3. That primarily sells a product (Invicta), who's CEO is willing to say or do anything to make a buck.

The fact that their mods are willing to do the same, isn't that surprising to us.

We remain ready, willing and able to let as many people know about this as possible, though.

Best of luck, suitekids.

And Boscoe, they are indeed asshats. And cheezdoodles.
BigCheez
ASSHAT

Postby Guest » August 11th 2010, 6:05am

This just sickens me . . . not naive enough to disbelieve that this shit happens, but this instance is just totally wrong!

Someone gets burned on a watch sale, the guilty party refuses to refund the money, then the fuckheads at the site he moderates protects his ass and wipe their hands clean of it all.

How do these fucks sleeps at night?

suitekids . . . I am truly sorry that this has happened! I am a strong believer in karma and although it won't get you your money back, I believe that all involved in this will pay in some form or another. However, I do hope that you can get restitution for this theft!

PreviousNext

Return to General Watch talk