Cannon Aka Kayfaber a Watchgeek Moderator Accused of Being Scammer & Dishonest

Cannon Aka Kayfaber a Watchgeek Moderator Accused of Being Scammer & Dishonest

Postby koimaster » July 21st 2010, 7:13pm

We take no official position on this. Three sides to every story although I do think law enforcement may be looking at this somewhere down the line.

http://issuu.com/watchlords.com/docs/cannon-aka-kayfaber--a-watchgeek-m_20100929_030133

Last edited by Anonymous on September 28th 2010, 6:19pm, edited 4 times in total.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Cannon Aka Kayfaber a Watchgeek Moderator Accused of Being Scammer & Dishonest

Postby Guest » July 21st 2010, 7:49pm

Interesting to say the least.
Here is a clickable link to WUS.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=422442

Re: Cannon Aka Kayfaber a Watchgeek Moderator Accused of Being Scammer & Dishonest

Postby dude » July 21st 2010, 7:53pm

. . . oh, but WG's "WILL NOT" get involved in diputes on other forums. Heard that ad nauseum.

. . . circle the wagons, protect our own.
dude
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Mark1 » July 21st 2010, 8:20pm

With the serial numbers removed, I wonder if this is a grey market watch or perhaps even a fake? Seems if it was'nt mentioned in the ad, the purchase ought to be refunded. It will be interesting to follow this one. The feedback thread on WUS is still there, the thread at Watchgeeks has been lost evidently. Probably some periodic maintenance.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Mark1
Founding Member - WIS

Postby Bigjimzlll » July 21st 2010, 8:27pm

I bought a OG meteorite form him. Smooth deal. The only thing I didn't like is the photo of the for sale watch was he took it at the best lighting and angle to highlight the dial.
It was the only pic. and of course the dial was maybe 5 out of 10 instead of the 9 out of 10 the pic indicated.
Bigjimzlll
Watchlord WIS

Postby Guest » July 21st 2010, 8:48pm

Should be banned from both forums!

Postby Guest » July 21st 2010, 9:08pm

If JS/MD/EL can lie and get away with it selling Invicta, why should we expect anything different from one of the mods.

Postby koimaster » July 21st 2010, 9:31pm

Mark1 wrote:With the serial numbers removed, I wonder if this is a grey market watch or perhaps even a fake? Seems if it was'nt mentioned in the ad, the purchase ought to be refunded. It will be interesting to follow this one. The feedback thread on WUS is still there, the thread at Watchgeeks has been lost evidently. Probably some periodic maintenance.

It is amazing how that "periodic maintenance" manages to lose all of the unwanted posts and threads.

Watchgeeks........ We love vanilla! Question at your own risk. Image

You know he knew about the serial numbers. If you look at the caseback shot which is blurry. You would think he would have looked at the entire watch while shooting the photos. He took close ups of the dial and bracelet but not of the caseback.

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby Guest » July 22nd 2010, 7:59am

Maybe he didn't know the serial numbers were missing, but as stated in the WUS link, not likely. What he should have done IMHO is give the guy a refund but only after he received the watch back. At this point he's screwed both ways and will have a good deal of trouble dealing in the future. The watch forums are a small world and word travel's like wildfire.

That reminds me of a joke.

What are the three fastest ways to spread news?

Telephone
Television
Telawoman................. Image

Re: Cannon Aka Kayfaber a Watchgeek Moderator Accused of Bei

Postby Cali Kid » July 22nd 2010, 9:20am

its a friggin' omega and this guy has more than one! Think everyone knows the serial # is on lug at 7 and not flying with a grey market dealer, thats a newer piece and grey market stopped that practice years ago! Why have micro shots of everything but the stuff in question! I sold a watch to a guy (cheaper brand, swiss legend 1000m) and gave him a super price, i had it on leather and the bracelet is a known bitch to put on so i took it to my watch guy to have the bracelet installed, packed it up and shipped it out to the new owner. He sent me some macro shots (which my camera cant take) i felt sick to see what i sold him even though it was only 175 bucks, The lugs looked aboslutely destroyed in the macro shots!!Told him i would send all his funds back through paypal and he could keep the watch, anything to just make it right and save my good name! He was impressed that i would do that and decided we wanted to beadblast it and just wanted me to pay for the blast job , 40 bones! I sent him 60 bones back with a huge apology! moral of the story is one good sale doesnt make you shit but one bad can ruin your reputation for a lifetime and i cant live with that!
Cali Kid

Re: Cannon Aka Kayfaber a Watchgeek Moderator Accused of Bei

Postby Surferjohn » July 22nd 2010, 9:31am

Quite right Trevor. I sold my SANIII to a guy for a steal. It was exactly as I had described except for one thing I completely overlooked.

Since they were notorious for screws falling out, I had one that I had simply coated the head with a drop of clear fingernail polish...cheap and easy trick that is easily undone with polish remover.

The guy messaged me and asked about it, I told him I had truly forgotten that and offered a full refund right away. We finally settled on a partial refund and he easily removed it with the polish remover.

I think the 40 or 50 bucks he had decided on for the partial refund for his trouble and my negligence was well worth protecting my reputation.

No way would I want to shaft anyone who buys one of my watches.

Now I double check everything and then have Kristie give it the twice over to catch anything I might miss.
Surferjohn

Postby Guest » July 22nd 2010, 1:01pm

The buyer should join Geeks, and leave negative feedback there as well.

Postby Mark1 » July 22nd 2010, 1:50pm

buck298 wrote:The buyer should join Geeks, and leave negative feedback there as well.

The buyer did join geeks and his thread was eliminated.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Mark1
Founding Member - WIS

Postby Guest » July 22nd 2010, 2:29pm

I think there Is no question In most "resonable" peoples mind that WG Is the SCUM of the watch forums(sales thread) A sewer has more class. :BS:

Postby Ditchdoc » July 22nd 2010, 2:56pm

WHAT? An esteemed member of the WG's admin team a dishonest crook?

The hell you say.

Maybe he's gunning for MD or JS job.
Ditchdoc

Postby boscoe » July 22nd 2010, 3:01pm

While I don't normally believe in guilt by association, I will conclude this seller is an asshat and a thief because he willingly associated with known scammers Jim Skelton and Eyal Lalo.
"And he even picked up some of the phrasing:
My watch guy (a second generation Omega dealer) took a look at the watch after I received it, the watch was ok by his standard..."
Sounds like Lalo, Skelton and Mad Dog.
He is a crook...
boscoe
ASSHAT

Postby eddiea » July 22nd 2010, 3:11pm

Mark1 wrote:
buck298 wrote:The buyer should join Geeks, and leave negative feedback there as well.

The buyer did join geeks and his thread was eliminated.

Interesting but consistent with the prevalent culture there, I personally say, the seller is an asshole , can't say as yet he is a thief too but his replys surely suck at best...
Hope the buyer file a police report and follow up...
Expected but nevertheless, always shocking is some of the geeks attitude , not my problem, so I don't get involved... one of the reasons they get screwed often than most
Last edited by Anonymous on July 22nd 2010, 3:21pm, edited 1 time in total.
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby Bigjimzlll » July 22nd 2010, 3:13pm

Feed him to Woo's pigs!!!

Sorry had a "Deadwood" flashback
Bigjimzlll
Watchlord WIS

Postby Guest » July 22nd 2010, 4:24pm

IMO he's a freakin crook, when one purchases a high end watch, everyone scrutinizes it with a magnifier including checking the serial #'s. He was well aware of what he had and it's missing #'s.

WG scum exposed, the house of cards are falling at kool aid wonderland.

Postby boscoe » July 22nd 2010, 4:57pm

Nope, geeks will never learn they have a crooked cop (this asshat admin) and an executioner (george the wart), who was a real-life stoolie
boscoe
ASSHAT

Postby Guest » July 22nd 2010, 5:09pm

Bigjimzlll wrote:Feed him to Woo's pigs!!!

Sorry had a "Deadwood" flashback
Pigs eating pigs? Interesting concept. I guess I really shouldnt talk,last call can be a mofo :wqwq:

Postby koimaster » July 28th 2010, 9:48am

an update here from WUS

Re: Kayfaber/Cannon Scammer & Dishonest

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the likely event he changes his site names from Kayfaber and Cannon here and other sites, His name is Peter Conlon, and his paypal is addy is this one listed so you know who you are dealing with, bigtimekayfaber@*****

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f63/kayfaber-cannon-scammer-dishonest-422442-2.html#post3156396

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby Guest » July 28th 2010, 9:55am

watchcollector1968 wrote:Quite right Trevor. I sold my SANIII to a guy for a steal. It was exactly as I had described except for one thing I completely overlooked.

Since they were notorious for screws falling out, I had one that I had simply coated the head with a drop of clear fingernail polish...cheap and easy trick that is easily undone with polish remover.

The guy messaged me and asked about it, I told him I had truly forgotten that and offered a full refund right away. We finally settled on a partial refund and he easily removed it with the polish remover.

I think the 40 or 50 bucks he had decided on for the partial refund for his trouble and my negligence was well worth protecting my reputation.

No way would I want to shaft anyone who buys one of my watches.

Now I double check everything and then have Kristie give it the twice over to catch anything I might miss.

Richard, thats the way to do it and you can sleep at night, no watch is worth your reputation! Think you did a very wise thing and it wasnt a big deal with the nail polish but you made the customer happy so it was worth the 40 bones lost! Great call on your part!

Postby Mark1 » July 28th 2010, 10:00am

The dudes got to be legit-he's a wrestler. Search Cannon at this site and you'll see pics of him wearing the hat pictured in the WG my new watch post.

http://www.floridawrestlingfans.com/photo/2050372:Photo:867
Mark1
Founding Member - WIS

Postby Guest » July 28th 2010, 10:17am

What a POS this guy Cannon is ...
On another note i sold a Reserve Invicta and it was in great shape and everything , The guy than PM after he had it and said the bracelet clasp was broken , i was pissed but refunded his money non the less . I got the watch back and discovered that the guy switched out the bracelet...
I was so fucking pissed i threw the watch in a Lake!

Next

Return to General Watch talk