And you guys thought Invicter had insane prices?

Re: And you guys thought Invicter had insane prices?

Postby Horse Feathers » March 7th 2013, 6:22pm

conjurer wrote:
abduksion wrote:

BTW, this is one of the gheyist watches I've ever seen.

For a three time knob it sucks ass

"I did lose a pusher pulling it out of the mug however
it doesn't affect functionality"

- JR of Reclinervision ™
Horse Feathers
ASSHAT

Postby codguy » March 7th 2013, 6:26pm

bedlam wrote:

It feels like there is an ongoing ShopNBC brand obsession here. Fuck its boring.

That ^ and the endless Seiko/Citizen brand obsession threads, many of which are posted outside of the Asian and Far East Watches forum for some reason.

Everyone has their interests and which brands bore them. You all probably know which are on my list.

Mrs. Pacerguy is gonna smell like a catcher's mitt after December 25 - TemerityB
codguy
ASSHAT

Postby bedlam » March 7th 2013, 6:27pm

conjurer wrote:
abduksion wrote:

BTW, this is one of the gheyist watches I've ever seen.

Its bad...and the price is beyond insane
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
WIS Divemaster

Postby bedlam » March 7th 2013, 6:30pm

codguy wrote:
bedlam wrote:

It feels like there is an ongoing ShopNBC brand obsession here. Fuck its boring.

That ^ and the endless Seiko/Citizen brand obsession threads, many of which are posted outside of the Asian and Far East Watches forum for some reason.

Everyone has their interests and which brands bore them. You all probably know which are on my list.

Quite right.

If people love stuff and are sharing that I totally get it. I was commenting on stuff that really is trash...and the posters saying its trash...over and over. Invicta and Co don't deserve the air time. Why give it to them?
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
WIS Divemaster

Postby abduksion » March 7th 2013, 6:30pm

Horse Feathers wrote:Doctor, Doctor, I'm seeing everything double and triple

I apologize about that I'm on my nook tablet. If someone can please delete my double posts I would be happy. Image
I've never felt like I truly belonged here and I believe it's time I move on.
abduksion

Postby bedlam » March 7th 2013, 6:31pm

jason_recliner wrote:Feel free to disagree, call me a worthless convict P.O.S, and tell me to shut the fuck up though.

You noticed Image

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
WIS Divemaster

Postby jason_recliner » March 7th 2013, 6:45pm

It is worth mentioning that several times I have googled TV / Shop / Invicta / Mongo stuff to get the background on thread topics here. Often the top links are not ShopNBC or even Watch Geeks, but this place. I don't know heaps about search engines, but doesn't that mean TV crap is being discussed here more than anywhere else?
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Postby Horse Feathers » March 7th 2013, 6:49pm

jason_recliner wrote:It is worth mentioning that several times I have googled TV / Shop / Invicta / Mongo stuff to get the background on thread topics here. Often the top links are not ShopNBC or even Watch Geeks, but this place. I don't know heaps about search engines, but doesn't that mean TV crap is being discussed here more than anywhere else?

Since Watch Geeks is a closed site I don't think you will get many Google hits

- JR of Reclinervision ™
Horse Feathers
ASSHAT

Postby WatchDorks.Net » March 7th 2013, 6:53pm

Here's a thought: rather than people complaining about what other people ARE posting about, isn't it incumbent upon the complainer(s) to be creating more topics and discussions on watches/subjects they deem more worthy, thus "elevating the discussion" and increasing the perceived signal-to-noise-ratio (in their eyes at least)?

In short: If you don't like what others are posting about, then start writing about things you DO find interesting, rather than recommending that others not post.

Me, I like pointing fingers at ignorant rednecks buying baubles, but hey that's how I get my jollies. Feel free to concentrate on more high-brow efforts whilst I wallow in the gutter...
Last edited by Anonymous on March 7th 2013, 6:55pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud "hater" since 2009. Get over it and have fun reassembling yer wartches.

WatchDorks.Net
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Horse Feathers » March 7th 2013, 6:55pm

WatchDorks.Net wrote:Here's a thought: rather than people complaining about what other people ARE posting about, isn't it incumbent upon the complainer(s) to be creating more topics and discussions on watches/subjects they deem more worthy, thus "elevating the discussion" and increasing the perceived signal-to-noise-ratio (in their eyes at least)?

Agree completely

- JR of Reclinervision ™
Horse Feathers
ASSHAT

Postby jason_recliner » March 7th 2013, 6:59pm

High brow, eh?

Hmm.. this gives me an idea...
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Postby abduksion » March 7th 2013, 7:51pm

WatchDorks.Net wrote:Here's a thought: rather than people complaining about what other people ARE posting about, isn't it incumbent upon the complainer(s) to be creating more topics and discussions on watches/subjects they deem more worthy, thus "elevating the discussion" and increasing the perceived signal-to-noise-ratio (in their eyes at least)?

In short: If you don't like what others are posting about, then start writing about things you DO find interesting, rather than recommending that others not post.

Me, I like pointing fingers at ignorant rednecks buying baubles, but hey that's how I get my jollies. Feel free to concentrate on more high-brow efforts whilst I wallow in the gutter...

With all due respect you can start threads/posts that someone like me would get the living shit beat out of if I were to start them. This is a good time to ask but have you ever wondered why no one here ever tells you hey Dorks, enough with the Invicta shit you post?
abduksion

Postby Horse Feathers » March 7th 2013, 7:55pm

abduksion wrote:

With all due respect you can start threads/posts that someone like me would get the living shit beat out of if I were to start them. This is a good time to ask but have you ever wondered why no one here ever tells you hey Dorks, enough with the Invicta shit you post?

Kevin, did you miss this thread tonight ?

http://watchlords.forumotion.net/t20719-time-to-shear-the-sheeple

- JR of Reclinervision ™
Horse Feathers
ASSHAT

Postby abduksion » March 7th 2013, 8:20pm

Horse Feathers wrote:
abduksion wrote:

Kevin, did you miss this thread tonight ?

http://watchlords.forumotion.net/t20719-time-to-shear-the-sheeple

Yes I did I was shocked. Image
abduksion

Postby Luftwafflles » March 7th 2013, 9:04pm

Yep. There are people that rarely, if ever post anything, except to bitch about someone else's post. If they can't make an original post that might actually have something to do with watches, why give a shit about someone that actually does?
We called another exterminator to take care of the rat problem in the basement. This one hasn't come out either.

Luftwafflles
Senior Member & WIS

Postby bedlam » March 8th 2013, 3:44am

I do try...only to see them out-numbered 5 to 1 by ShopNBC and TV brand threads popping up like mushrooms on a turd farm.

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
WIS Divemaster

Postby eddiea » March 8th 2013, 3:52am

Thing is...they are plenty of excellent "topics and discussions on watches/subjects" worthy of discussion but they either get ignored, or derailed by the Invicta shit pluck-in by those who don't know any better, or the wiseass comments of those who do know better, but feel the need to be funny all the time....and it gets old.
So in short ...What I don't like is waste my time opening the subjet irrelevant "ignorant rednecks buying baubles" threads in the General Watch fora , is plain to see, folks are starting to refrain, from posting anything, anywhere, for fear it will get "diluted" in the bullshit ...
That been said, support your right to talk about whatever topic makes you get your jollies, in the right forum...
Last edited by Anonymous on March 11th 2013, 4:35am, edited 3 times in total.
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby bedlam » March 8th 2013, 3:55am

eddiea wrote:

Thing is...they are plenty of excellent "topics and discussions on watches/subjects worthy" of discussion but they either get ignored or derailed by the Invicta shit pluck-in by those who don't know any better, or the wiseass comments to those who do know better, but feel the need to be funny all the time.
So in short ...What I don't like is waste my time opening the irrelevant "ignorant rednecks buying baubles" threads in the General Watch fora , is plain to see, folks are starting to refrain, from posting anything, anywhere ...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
WIS Divemaster

Postby bedlam » March 8th 2013, 3:58am

I like the poke-fun-at-the-Invicturd threads. But like salt, some is good doesn't mean more is better.

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
WIS Divemaster

Previous

Return to General Watch talk