franklinrb74 - new member

Re: franklinrb74 - new member

Postby Horse Feathers » April 11th 2013, 8:06pm

conjurer wrote:
Luftwafflles wrote:My favorite supermarket dog is Nathans. Barring that, anything with the name angus on it. Besides the always great chili dog (Detroit is supposedly the birthplace of these deliscious concoctions), I also love a good slaw dog, and melted cheese just transforms any dog. Most importantly, the bun must be fresh, soft, moist, and not be any longer than the weiner it blankets. Too much bun sucks. That is all.


Nathans makes a great fucking dog, GermanAirforce, but the best dogs on the planet are Vienna Beef. Naturally, they need the atomic-green relish.


Sounds like a Chicago bias there but I agree, great dog. Just leave the celery salt off mine and never ever use ketchup
Image

"I did lose a pusher pulling it out of the mug however
it doesn't affect functionality"

- JR of Reclinervision ™
User avatar
Horse Feathers
ASSHAT
 
Posts: 9282
Joined: August 29th 2010, 10:00pm

Re: franklinrb74 - new member

Postby conjurer » April 11th 2013, 8:11pm

Horse Feathers wrote:
conjurer wrote:
Luftwafflles wrote:My favorite supermarket dog is Nathans. Barring that, anything with the name angus on it. Besides the always great chili dog (Detroit is supposedly the birthplace of these deliscious concoctions), I also love a good slaw dog, and melted cheese just transforms any dog. Most importantly, the bun must be fresh, soft, moist, and not be any longer than the weiner it blankets. Too much bun sucks. That is all.


Nathans makes a great fucking dog, GermanAirforce, but the best dogs on the planet are Vienna Beef. Naturally, they need the atomic-green relish.


Sounds like a Chicago bias there but I agree, great dog. Just leave the celery salt off mine and never ever use ketchup


Yup. Putting ketchup on a dog is like, well, sucking Michael Davis's cock. It's just not done.

True story: A guy I worked with way back asked me once, "Hey, John, have you ever sucked a guy's dick, just, you know, for the life's experience of it? Do you think this would make you gay?"

And I said, "Well, no, I've never sucked a guy's dick, and yes, it would make you gay."

Thankfully, he never brought up the subject again.
Jim...you are a ray of sunshine here.

--pacerguy, tonguing Jawbone's distended ballsack, at WITless.


Image
User avatar
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time
 
Posts: 26446
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm

Re: franklinrb74 - new member

Postby Horse Feathers » April 11th 2013, 8:42pm

conjurer wrote:
Horse Feathers wrote:
conjurer wrote:
Luftwafflles wrote:My favorite supermarket dog is Nathans.


Nathans makes a great fucking dog, GermanAirforce, but the best dogs on the planet are Vienna Beef. Naturally, they need the atomic-green relish.


Sounds like a Chicago bias there but I agree, great dog. Just leave the celery salt off mine and never ever use ketchup


Yup. Putting ketchup on a dog is like, well, sucking Michael Davis's cock. It's just not done.


I think I am going to expand my criteria, leave the celery salt off mine, no ketchup and absolutely no veins.
Image

"I did lose a pusher pulling it out of the mug however
it doesn't affect functionality"

- JR of Reclinervision ™
User avatar
Horse Feathers
ASSHAT
 
Posts: 9282
Joined: August 29th 2010, 10:00pm

Re: franklinrb74 - new member

Postby catnap » April 12th 2013, 1:01am

I spent a couple days in the Hofbrau tent at the Oktoberfest in Munich once. On the second day I was pretty fucked up and this big hairy motherfucker in the oompah band tried sobering me up round back by filling my chops with a white looking sausage he called his langer schwanz des Vergnügens. I just remember it stank. Worst fucking sausage I ever had.
There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.
User avatar
catnap
Watchlord WIS
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: January 22nd 2013, 11:00pm
Location: Great Britain

Re: franklinrb74 - new member

Postby AJC » April 12th 2013, 5:31am

catnap wrote:I spent a couple days in the Hofbrau tent at the Oktoberfest in Munich once. On the second day I was pretty fucked up and this big hairy motherfucker in the oompah band tried sobering me up round back by filling my chops with a white looking sausage he called his langer schwanz des Vergnügens. I just remember it stank. Worst fucking sausage I ever had.


Filled you up with a stinky white sausage? Sounds like a Michael Davis prison story.
-Madvillian
User avatar
AJC
Watchlord WIS
 
Posts: 6104
Joined: May 14th 2012, 10:00pm
Location: Wilmington, DE AKA "Murdertown, USA" -Newsweek

Re: franklinrb74 - new member

Postby catnap » April 12th 2013, 6:52am

AJC wrote:
catnap wrote:I spent a couple days in the Hofbrau tent at the Oktoberfest in Munich once. On the second day I was pretty fucked up and this big hairy motherfucker in the oompah band tried sobering me up round back by filling my chops with a white looking sausage he called his langer schwanz des Vergnügens. I just remember it stank. Worst fucking sausage I ever had.


Filled you up with a stinky white sausage? Sounds like a Michael Davis prison story.

This Michael Davis guy wear lederhosen?
There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.
User avatar
catnap
Watchlord WIS
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: January 22nd 2013, 11:00pm
Location: Great Britain

Re: franklinrb74 - new member

Postby conjurer » April 12th 2013, 6:55am

catnap wrote:
AJC wrote:
catnap wrote:I spent a couple days in the Hofbrau tent at the Oktoberfest in Munich once. On the second day I was pretty fucked up and this big hairy motherfucker in the oompah band tried sobering me up round back by filling my chops with a white looking sausage he called his langer schwanz des Vergnügens. I just remember it stank. Worst fucking sausage I ever had.


Filled you up with a stinky white sausage? Sounds like a Michael Davis prison story.

This Michael Davis guy wear lederhosen?


More usually he wears ass-less chaps.
Jim...you are a ray of sunshine here.

--pacerguy, tonguing Jawbone's distended ballsack, at WITless.


Image
User avatar
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time
 
Posts: 26446
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm

Re: franklinrb74 - new member

Postby Horse Feathers » April 12th 2013, 7:01am

catnap wrote: This Michael Davis guy wear lederhosen?


Don't know but I did hear that he stumbled into this place drunk and was pissed to find out it was a real restaurant

Image

He was looking for


Image
Image

"I did lose a pusher pulling it out of the mug however
it doesn't affect functionality"

- JR of Reclinervision ™
User avatar
Horse Feathers
ASSHAT
 
Posts: 9282
Joined: August 29th 2010, 10:00pm

Re: franklinrb74 - new member

Postby Watch Noob » April 12th 2013, 7:08am

^^^ check out the langer schwanz on those dudes
Image
User avatar
Watch Noob
Founding Member
 
Posts: 7511
Joined: December 16th 2009, 11:00pm

Re: franklinrb74 - new member

Postby catnap » April 12th 2013, 7:41am

conjurer wrote:
catnap wrote:
AJC wrote:
catnap wrote:I spent a couple days in the Hofbrau tent at the Oktoberfest in Munich once. On the second day I was pretty fucked up and this big hairy motherfucker in the oompah band tried sobering me up round back by filling my chops with a white looking sausage he called his langer schwanz des Vergnügens. I just remember it stank. Worst fucking sausage I ever had.


Filled you up with a stinky white sausage? Sounds like a Michael Davis prison story.

This Michael Davis guy wear lederhosen?


More usually he wears ass-less chaps.

I'm guessing he was over in Die Schweißeliebhaber tent then.
There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.
User avatar
catnap
Watchlord WIS
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: January 22nd 2013, 11:00pm
Location: Great Britain

Re: franklinrb74 - new member

Postby DoctorIvey » April 12th 2013, 8:09am

Falstaff wrote:
Kahuna74 wrote:I like Hebrew Nationals.


I'm very partial to hot dorgs with a natural casing, i.e. actual intestine. They give a satisfying sort of "snap" when bitten - I like a bit of resistance, shows character. Further, I prefer all pork or a mixture of pork and beef to an all beef dorg. Regionally, Dietz and Watson packs a lovely "Black Forest" dorg that ticks all the boxes, if you can find them. There are several local old line specialty butchers as well, such as Ilg's and Rieker's that make a superior natural cased dorg, but you'll certainly pay up for them. Are they worth it? God yes.
I'll go grilled, steamed, boiled or stuck on a stick and burned over an open fire depending on the toppings and condiments I intend.
As to condiments and toppings, as long as the quality and flavor of the wurst shine through, I run the gamut. Kraut-dorgs, Chili-dorgs, Kraut and Chili dorgs, Texas Tommys, grilled onions and bacon, mustard and relish, mustard and onions, Coney Island - and there's absolutely nothing wrong with a classic Chicago style, although the seeded bun and sport peppers are hard to come by here on the East Coast.
Mustard rates its own field of study. As an all-rounder, I like Gulden's spicy brown, although Kosciusko runs a close second. Horseradish mustard, especially the German mittelscharfer senf (sweet and hot) is pretty goddamn close to Heaven. Honey mustard, Dijon (nuttin' wrong with Poupon) - particularly the grainy style - various beer mustards and good old yaller mustard (if it has enough vinegar) all fit the bill nicely - again depending on what you're doing with your dorg. If you happen to run across some Vidalia onion relish, slap some of that on your dorg and enjoy a bite of Elysium.


This is completely correct. I enjoy making sausage and, without tooting my own horn, have become pretty adept at it. The hot dog, however, is problematic for the home cook as the ingredients must be emulsified. That, and the aforementioned animal casing, allow the wiener to pop in your mouth. Said Davis.
User avatar
DoctorIvey
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 1036
Joined: May 19th 2011, 10:00pm

Re: franklinrb74 - new member

Postby Luftwafflles » April 12th 2013, 9:43am

Falstaff wrote:
Luftwafflles wrote:My favorite supermarket dog is Nathans. Barring that, anything with the name angus on it. Besides the always great chili dog (Detroit is supposedly the birthplace of these deliscious concoctions), I also love a good slaw dog, and melted cheese just transforms any dog. Most importantly, the bun must be fresh, soft, moist, and not be any longer than the weiner it blankets. Too much bun sucks. That is all.


Bun - split top or side sliced?
Split top. Anything else is gimickry. Not a deal breaker though.
We called another exterminator to take care of the rat problem in the basement. This one hasn't come out either.







.
User avatar
Luftwafflles
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 3054
Joined: July 9th 2012, 10:00pm
Location: Near the motor city..

Re: franklinrb74 - new member

Postby conjurer » June 2nd 2018, 1:26pm

Bump, for some pretty interesting hot dog discussion. As well as an epic Cecil.
Jim...you are a ray of sunshine here.

--pacerguy, tonguing Jawbone's distended ballsack, at WITless.


Image
User avatar
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time
 
Posts: 26446
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm

Previous

Return to Welcome! Introduce Yourself

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests