Since opening their newest Swiss factory

watches we all can afford

Since opening their newest Swiss factory

Postby Darksider » November 7th 2013, 11:29pm

WTF???

Show me just one factory

For a couple of years now serious Invicta fans & collectors have begged for an automatic version of the popular Speedway series. There has been wild speculation about how it would look, what movement would be inside, and what it would cost. Now once and for all these speculations can be laid to rest because for the first time, the automatic Speedway is a reality. Not only is it an automatic chronograph, but it is a true COSC Certified Chronometer as well.

Over the last few months Invicta has gone to great lengths to strengthen their Swiss lineage, and in doing so we have gained access to some amazing products. Since opening their newest Swiss factory they have introduced several impressive pieces such as the COSC Dragon Lupah, and the Russian Diver. In all of the new Swiss presentations Invicta has held true to their mantra of providing the highest level of quality for the least amount of money. The Swiss Speedway COSC is no exception.

http://www.invictawatch.com/support_fil ... view4.html
Darksider
Founder

Re: Since opening their newest Swiss factory

Postby 3Flushes » November 8th 2013, 12:33am

What is the date this poorly executed crock of shit was written? It's not even consistent in what person it is written in. All that money and this is the quality of work they pay for. This kind of crap must be written by the marketing branches of the Chinese companies that make their watches. Pitiful.
Copyright ©️ 2018 3flushes Media.

"...When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby elau » November 8th 2013, 12:37am

Lies and more lies.
elau
Watchlord WIS

Postby Steelhead » November 8th 2013, 3:14am

"for the first time, the automatic Speedway is a reality."

???

Wasn't the whole Dubois-Depraz shitshow about an auto Speedway?
"And they will know that I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance on them"
-- Ezekiel 25:17
Steelhead
Senior Member & WIS

Postby codguy » November 8th 2013, 5:06am

AND that watch looks hideous.

Frankly, if I could find a way to license a rifle, I’d use it in defense during a home invasion as casually as I’d fart into the toilet bowl- Pubbie
codguy
ASSHAT

Postby TemerityB » November 8th 2013, 9:22am

We have a Federal Trade Commission, a Swiss Federation, etc., and they can't put a stop to this rampant bullshit?

It's up to the watch industry to police itself; in no other business is such sleight-of-hand so blatant. I'm as outraged over IWG's Swiss tap dance as much as anyone (think of my old avatar "prove it"), but IWG keeps thumbing its nose at the rest of the industry so transparently that it's obvious that the rest of the industry really doesn't give a flying shit either way. Fine - but people are and have been spending good money for "Swiss" watches that really aren't, and that sucks.
A real hero never claims to be a hero.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby Horse Feathers » November 8th 2013, 10:20am

TemerityB wrote:We have a Federal Trade Commission, a Swiss Federation, etc., and they can't put a stop to this rampant bullshit?

It's up to the watch industry to police itself; in no other business is such sleight-of-hand so blatant. I'm as outraged over IWG's Swiss tap dance as much as anyone (think of my old avatar "prove it"), but IWG keeps thumbing its nose at the rest of the industry so transparently that it's obvious that the rest of the industry really doesn't give a flying shit either way. Fine - but people are and have been spending good money for "Swiss" watches that really aren't, and that sucks.

Interesting, when Invicta is challenged they always are quick to say they aren't a member of the Swiss Federation, so basically fuck you

The Watchtime Top 10 article you posted in another thread states

According to COSC’s data, which WatchTime obtained from the Federation of the Swiss Watch Industry, an additional 87,911 timepieces were submitted to COSC that did not pass the certification process.

This shows they are well aware of how Invicta is playing off Swiss Standards outside of the Federation (like COSC) to bring credibility to themselves but impacting the credibility of Federation members as final assembly/QC is suspect

As for the "newest Swiss factory", this is a company that does widespread social media campaigns to share videos of watches being recovered from toy rocket launches. If this was true, they would be post more photos and video then a Kardashian

"I did lose a pusher pulling it out of the mug however
it doesn't affect functionality"

- JR of Reclinervision ™
Horse Feathers
ASSHAT

Postby hcharles » November 8th 2013, 11:44am

:hool: Whoever wrote this garbage did not sign his name to it.

This quote shows how full of b.s. this review is.

"The Speedway Chronometer that I have for my review is resting comfortably in my winder next to a much more expensive Omega of mine… and to be honest, the Speedway has more personality. The fit, finish, and overall feel of the Speedway matches (and in some parts surpasses) my own Omegas that retail for much more."
Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine. Abraham lincoln
hcharles
Watchlord WIS

Postby koimaster » April 15th 2014, 8:21am

OOPs, I guess they took the page down that claimed they had Swiss factories.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby TemerityB » April 15th 2014, 9:55am

koimaster wrote:OOPs, I guess they took the page down that claimed they had Swiss factories.

Typical. Maybe the "newest Swiss factory" is on the back of truck heading about 1,500 miles away from Minnesota right now, eh?
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby Horse Feathers » April 15th 2014, 10:00am

TemerityB wrote:
koimaster wrote:OOPs, I guess they took the page down that claimed they had Swiss factories.

Typical. Maybe the "newest Swiss factory" is on the back of truck heading about 1,500 miles away from Minnesota right now, eh?

- JR of Reclinervision ™
Horse Feathers
ASSHAT

Postby hcharles » April 15th 2014, 10:50am

And "poof" the website disappears. Much like their imaginary Swiss factories. If that motorhome is a rockin', do not bother knockin'. Shudder to envision what waits within.
Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine. Abraham lincoln
hcharles
Watchlord WIS

Postby Horse Feathers » April 15th 2014, 11:00am

Timing is interesting, wonder when that was changed, most likely before and we missed it.

Wait until Mongo get's really jacked up and starts spewing the "insider" secrets

- JR of Reclinervision ™
Horse Feathers
ASSHAT

Postby hcharles » April 15th 2014, 11:51am

Yeah, burn your bridges Mongo. Visions of horse head in bed, ala The Godfather movie.

hcharles
Watchlord WIS

Postby hcharles » April 15th 2014, 12:18pm

hcharles
Watchlord WIS

Postby Horse Feathers » April 15th 2014, 12:18pm

hcharles wrote:Yeah, burn your bridges Mongo. Visions of horse head in bed, ala The Godfather movie.

Did you know...

- JR of Reclinervision ™
Horse Feathers
ASSHAT

Postby Mark1 » April 15th 2014, 12:53pm

codguy wrote:AND that watch looks hideous.

Well, it's an Invicta so.............
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Mark1
Founding Member - WIS

Postby LIES ALL LIES!!! » April 15th 2014, 3:56pm

elau wrote:Lies and more lies.

Huh?
LIES ALL LIES!!!
Senior Member & WIS

Postby hcharles » April 15th 2014, 4:18pm

[quote="Horse Feathers"][/quote]

"Did you know..".

I did read that somewhere, that the studio substituted a real horse head for the scene.

hcharles
Watchlord WIS

Postby koimaster » April 15th 2018, 9:14am

)g(kk

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby codguy » April 15th 2018, 9:52am

Goddamn I miss Horse Feathers!

Frankly, if I could find a way to license a rifle, I’d use it in defense during a home invasion as casually as I’d fart into the toilet bowl- Pubbie
codguy
ASSHAT

Postby TemerityB » April 15th 2018, 6:52pm

codguy wrote:Goddamn I miss Horse Feathers!

As do we all.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby koimaster » April 16th 2018, 8:36am

012-8.jpg

Photo ^^ borrowed from the web.

Wayback does not show the photos but this is the sales pitch -

Invicta Speedway COSC Certified Chronometer

For a couple of years now serious Invicta fans & collectors have begged for an automatic version of the popular Speedway series. There has been wild speculation about how it would look, what movement would be inside, and what it would cost. Now once and for all these speculations can be laid to rest because for the first time, the automatic Speedway is a reality. Not only is it an automatic chronograph, but it is a true COSC Certified Chronometer as well.

Over the last few months Invicta has gone to great lengths to strengthen their Swiss lineage, and in doing so we have gained access to some amazing products. Since opening their newest Swiss factory they have introduced several impressive pieces such as the COSC Dragon Lupah, and the Russian Diver. In all of the new Swiss presentations Invicta has held true to their mantra of providing the highest level of quality for the least amount of money. The Swiss Speedway COSC is no exception.

The new Speedway is not only a triumph for Invicta, but a symbol of the future of the company. Relying more on their own design work, the Speedway no longer closely resembles anything else on the market… it has a spirit all it’s own.

SPECS:
Case Diameter: 42mm (without crown & pushers) 44mm (with crown & pushers)
Case Material: 316L Stainless Steel
Bracelet Material: 316L Stainless Steel. Brushed outer links, polished center links
Crystals: Sapphire front, Sapphire back
Movement: Swiss ETA 2894 Officially Certified Chronometer (COSC) Automatic Chronograph with date (fully decorated)
Water Resistance: 200m tested

Upon opening the box you are immediately struck by the massive presence of this watch. That’s not to say it is a huge watch, but it has a very "beefy", filled out look to it. Once removed from the packaging you notice how heavy this watch is… the solid 316L Stainless Steel case, bezel, and bracelet are each so thick that you get the impression this is a nearly indestructible watch.

The attention to detail is apparent throughout, but some slight things that you may not notice right away are some of my favorite features of the watch. Each and every corner of this watch is nicely rounded so that there are no sharp edges anywhere. The same goes for the bracelet… perfectly executed and very comfortable.

The new bezel accents the overall look of the watch well, and the dial work is also flawless. A new "basketweave" pattern adorns the dial and lends to the sporty nature of the Speedway. The dial layout is a Tricompax design (registers at 3, 6, & 9) and read as follows:

3 o'clock position: Constant running seconds
6 o'clock position: Hours (up to 12 hours)
9 o'clock position: Minutes (up to 30 minutes)

with a date aperture at the 4 o'clock position.

Tha applied baton style indexes are a perfect complement to the dial design, and the hour, minute, and chronograph hands are filled with Tritnite luminescent material for nighttime legibility.

At the time of writing this, I am unaware of the dial choices, but I would expect other colors along with this silver dial.

The crown, and pushers are all screwdowns to aid in the (tested) 200 meter water resistance, and operate smoothly.

The solid end link bracelet mates to the case in a smooth, seamless fashion with such tight tolerances that the bracelet almost looks as if it is part of the case itself. The clasp is an upgraded design, and has been emblazoned with the Speedway moniker.

The custom screwdown case back is milled from one solid chunk of 316L Stainless Steel and specially fitted with a Sapphire crystal. It carries over that rugged, sporty look and allows you a beautiful view of the Swiss ETA 2894 movement inside. The decoration on the final production model will be amazing (the one I have here for the review is a production sample without the modified movement). Expect furnace blued screws, perlage throughout the entire movement, and the now-famous Invicta Blued rotor.

The 37 jewel Swiss ETA 2894-2 automatic chronograph beating inside the case is the main attraction here. Officially certified as a Chronometer by the COSC, you can be assured that each individual movement has been tested to run within the specs of -4spd/+6spd. The 2894-2 was developed by ETA in 1996 and begins its life as a base 2892 modified to this newer caliber. Running at 28800 bph it has a smooth running sweep hand, and if you listen closely enough you’ll hear the gentle tick, tick, ticking in your ear. It has a 47 hour power reserve, and should provide many years of faithful service with no need for repair/adjustment.

The COSC Certified Chronometer version of the Speedway will be made as a Limited Edition, so there will be a sense of urgency as it is released in December. So far every LE piece that Invicta has released has sold out entirely, and cannot be found through any retailer. In my personal opinion this piece is a must for any true enthusiast, and for those that want to get in on the ground floor… because after this there is nothing holding Invicta back from becoming one of the major players in the industry. While they are already recording higher volume than any other manufacture, they are now flexing their skills and displaying their technical prowess to prove to the world that Invicta is not a fashion brand… they are here to stay and will "turn the balance of power" back to the consumer by keeping the selling price far below their closest competitor, and surpassing them in features & benefits.

While most companies make small advancements each year, Invicta is moving onward & upward at breakneck speed. Now we are seeing more 100% Swiss Made watches from Invicta than we ever have before, and each one comes with it’s own unique personality. The Speedway Chronometer that I have for my review is resting comfortably in my winder next to a much more expensive Omega of mine… and to be honest, the Speedway has more personality. The fit, finish, and overall feel of the Speedway matches (and in some parts surpasses) my own Omegas that retail for much more.

You’ll know this for yourself when you get yours home and take it out of the box for the first time. You’ll know you have something special in your hand… you will begin to see the future of Invicta.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Return to Affordable Watches