Imagine if this guy had been muslim..

From movies to your mother-in-law, put it here and try not to hurt each other

Imagine if this guy had been muslim..

Postby bedlam » December 13th 2017, 9:45pm

But he was a white American so his attempt to bomb an airport didn't rate as big news...

https://theintercept.com/2017/10/11/ter ... asheville/

The story is from 8 weeks ago and I didn't hear about it :shock:
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
Master of Time

Re: Imagine if this guy had been muslim..

Postby biglove » December 13th 2017, 10:14pm

White guy tries to blow up airport...crickets.

Muslim man tries to blow up airport...KILL ALL MUSLIMS!

Black man shot by cop while threatening cop...KILL ALL COPS, BLACK LIVES MATTER, HE WAS SUCH A GOOD GUY, POLICE HATE BLACK PEOPLE, MICHAEL BROWN DIDN'T DO NOTHING

White man shot by cop while threatening cop...fucker got what he had coming to him.

Double standards are everywhere. Is just a sad part of life.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."- Mark Twain

biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby bedlam » December 14th 2017, 12:21am

biglove wrote:White guy tries to blow up airport...crickets.

Black man shot by cop while threatening cop...KILL ALL COPS, BLACK LIVES MATTER, HE WAS SUCH A GOOD GUY, POLICE HATE BLACK PEOPLE, MICHAEL BROWN DIDN'T DO NOTHING

White man shot by cop while threatening cop...fucker got what he had coming to him.

Well, you 'red herringing' the shit out of that.
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
Master of Time

Postby bobbee » December 14th 2017, 5:18am

I misread the heading and wondered just what the fuck cheesecloth had to with anything.
"My father is a mountain, my mother is a washing machine."

"Punch a fish, make a wish."~Doctor Penguin.
bobbee
Master of Time

Postby svaglic » December 14th 2017, 7:28am

biglove wrote:White guy tries to blow up airport...crickets.

Nailed it. Now get ready for the derogatory comments.
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Richt2k » December 14th 2017, 7:33am

bedlam wrote:The story is from 8 weeks ago and I didn't hear about it :shock:

:CSTBRO:
Richt2k
Senior Member & WIS

Postby smellody » December 14th 2017, 7:52am

I will not be baited. Make fun of Rolex..... that's another story.

smellody
Founding Member - WIS

Postby Wasp » December 14th 2017, 8:03am

Let's see what this jerk offs affiliations and motivations are. Let's see how pervasive the threat from any associated group is. I'll bet he hates the government, not the people running it. This piece of shit needs gitmo for life. I am all for broadcasting any and all the facts on his mission ad nauseam. Fucking islamic terrorists want to wholesale slaughter innocent people. At this juncture they need the highlighted exposure.
Wasp
Senior Member & WIS

Postby bobbee » December 14th 2017, 8:19am

smellody wrote:I will not be baited. Make fun of Rolex..... that's another story.

Who? Don't they make desktop card files? :lol:
"My father is a mountain, my mother is a washing machine."

"Punch a fish, make a wish."~Doctor Penguin.
bobbee
Master of Time

Postby Hawk » December 14th 2017, 9:24am

Methinks the Intercept fails to grasp what makes news.

Dylan Roof, Timothy McVeigh and Stephen Paddock all made the news because they killed people. This goof didn't even create much of a nuisance and as such it just isn't terribly newsworthy.

Had a Muslim failed in a similar fashion would it have made more news? Possibly but we actually don't hear much about failed crimes regardless of perpetrator. If Bannon found out a Muslim tried to bomb an airport then it is plausible that Breitbart would be yelling about it and Trump would be tweeting up a storm. But both mainstream and left-leaning media would likely report such a thing below the fold on page 23. For those that don't marinate themselves in Alt-Right media going eight days (or forever) without hearing about it would be probable. Stir in the observation that ANFO requires rather large quantities to be effective and interest wanes further.

"Gimpy bomb clumsily placed didn't go off" just doesn't make for much of a headline.

"Gimpy bomb clumsily placed by Muslim homosexual abortionist gun-loving atheist pimp didn't go off" isn't much better to normal media.

I can grow well and truly weary of charges from the alt-right that the MSM is intentionally burying reports of things that are of grand interest to the alt-right and of little to no interest to anyone else. I suppose it would be inevitable that the Intercept might feel compelled to do likewise from the perspective of the SJW left.
This space available for lease
Hawk
ASSHAT

Postby Mark1 » December 14th 2017, 9:48am

Perhaps this ought to be taken up with the yahoos who decide what makes the news. Obsessive coverage of inconsequential social media posts and the ensuing hyperventilation tends to limit the time for actual news.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Mark1
Founding Member - WIS

Postby gerdson » December 14th 2017, 11:20am

It was on usatoday on 10th of October.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/10/10/north-carolina-airport-bomb-suspect/749938001/

usatoday is still the US most read newspaper, I believe. So while it might not have made the big headlines, at least it was not "held under cover". I don't recall any coverage in European media either. Let's remember that was about the time of the Las Vegas massacre.
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer
gerdson
Master of Time

Postby bedlam » December 15th 2017, 1:13am

Hawk wrote:... If Bannon found out a Muslim tried to bomb an airport then it is plausible that Breitbart would be yelling about it and Trump would be tweeting up a storm. ...

Congrats, in all that you did finally stumble over the point :lol:

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
Master of Time

Postby Hawk » December 15th 2017, 9:29am

bedlam wrote:
Hawk wrote:... If Bannon found out a Muslim tried to bomb an airport then it is plausible that Breitbart would be yelling about it and Trump would be tweeting up a storm. ...

Actually the point was that ONLY Breitbart and Trump would be making noise. The general population (excluding the alt-right) doesn't know what Breitbart prints and Trump's tweets are a sort of background noise as a consequence of over exposure.

The author of the piece you linked is suggesting some grand design to circumvent general MSM newsworthiness and that's bullshit.
This space available for lease
Hawk
ASSHAT

Postby bedlam » December 15th 2017, 11:02pm

Hawk wrote:
bedlam wrote:

Actually the point was that ONLY Breitbart and Trump would be making noise. The general population (excluding the alt-right) doesn't know what Breitbart prints and Trump's tweets are a sort of background noise as a consequence of over exposure.

The author of the piece you linked is suggesting some grand design to circumvent general MSM newsworthiness and that's bullshit.

Not really, but he did specify right-wing news sources and Trump tweets.

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
Master of Time

Return to Anything and Everything Else