Seiko Presage SPB069 in blue enamel..

Seiko Presage SPB069 in blue enamel..

Postby Thunder1 » December 6th 2017, 10:39am

Have yet to see one of these in the wild yet..I guess we'll have to wait until Dec. 8th??...

ANNOUNCING: Seiko release first ever blue enamel dial on Seiko Presage SPB069 ‘Moonlit Night’ and we have 20 for sale, from midnight AEST tonight

Tonight at midnight we will launch our shop and with it there will be an extremely limited allocation of a watch we’re all pretty struck by: the Seiko Presage SPB069 ‘Moonlit Night’, with Seiko’s first ever blue enamel dial. What? Shop? Did he say shop? There’s no Time+Tide shop! More about this development tomorrow; this post is dedicated to the watch. Because there is, surprisingly – as the Japanese brand has a habit of leaving the editorialising to the media – quite a bit of detail and colour to report. Other key details, it is 40.5mm wide, has a sapphire crystal and is powered by a 6R15 movement. It comes on a blue alligator strap.

https://timeandtidewatches.com/breaking ... t-tonight/
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Seiko Presage SPB069 in blue enamel..

Postby koimaster » December 6th 2017, 11:17am

Nice looking watch, xlt movement as well.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby biglove » December 6th 2017, 4:23pm

Amazing dial work.
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » December 6th 2017, 6:19pm

The design of it does completely nothing for me. Some like the enamel dial Seikos, some don't. I don't. Then again, it's just my subjective take on the looks of it - with a 6R15-powered Seiko, one can't really go wrong.

If the T+T shop is to sell watches, T+T will land in the same bucket as Hoodwinkee, as an advertorial and infomercial site. Which is a pity, because it was one of the blogs I rather liked to read, as - surprisingly - their reviews didn't suck flaccid cock.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Oh, cock!
James May
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby Falstaff » December 6th 2017, 7:12pm

Pretty.
"Come and take them!"
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Postby WatchDorks.Net » December 6th 2017, 8:11pm

Gorgeous... but not almost $2K gorgeous.
Proud "hater" since 2009. Get over it and have fun reassembling yer wartches.

WatchDorks.Net
Senior Member & WIS

Postby conjurer » December 6th 2017, 11:18pm

WatchDorks.Net wrote:Gorgeous... but not almost $2K gorgeous.

Yup. There are few bigger Seiko fanbois out there than me, but even though it's pretty, I don't see nothing here that warrants two grand.

Is it me, or is Seiko really pushing the limits here, price-wise? Granted, there's Grand Seiko, and I get that--I pretty much tested the water resistance of Hawk's when I drooled all over 'em at the last GTG. While I agree that the 6R is a great movement, for this price, Seiko should put an 8L in the damned thing.

Another great example that supports my rant is the Marinemaster 300; this is another two grand Seiko, but it has the 8L movement inside, and the finishing and design rivals anything that the Swiss put out, for a lot more money. Then, however, Seiko refuses to tighten the movement up and make it as accurate as possible--which for the 8L35, should be under a second a day. It's like Ferrari punching out a La Ferrari from the factory with a rough idle, and saying, "fuck it, that's good enough."

Then again, it's Seiko, and if Seiko didn't break my balls, it wouldn't be Seiko.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Thunder1 » December 7th 2017, 4:28am

Agreed that it is a bit pricey..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Hawk » December 7th 2017, 9:44am

Well, them are Australian dollars which translate into 1,390.00 USD. Still a bump over what I gave for my black urushi but we've only heard from one retailer and Seiko does tend to price the limited editions a tad high.

I like the urushi styling but one is enough. In time I'll get over the fact that I would have preferred blue to black. OK - I'm over it.
When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.

— Richard Dawkins, evolutionary biologist
Hawk
ASSHAT

Postby tiktok » December 7th 2017, 2:22pm

Hawk based on your buying habits you will sell your current GMT in two years and buy this from your man on the street. It's a hi beat and 2mm smaller than your GMT.

SBGW203
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Hawk » December 7th 2017, 2:39pm

Strangely enough I find myself mostly immune to the charms of that SBGW203.

'Tis a fine piece indeed but looks too much like one of my balls as it were, so to speak, if you will.

If you should be thinking of something that Hawk would buy at a distressed price after light use that green dial peacock would do the trick...

However I had only one major itch in need of scratching and that was a GMT Master II which the latest GS GMT scratched really well. I might have preferred a "batman" bezel but view the spring drive as suitable compensation.
When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.

Hawk
ASSHAT

Postby 3Flushes » December 7th 2017, 7:16pm

The higher prices for limited edition pieces in the industry, in general, aren't justified. It would seem Seiko will soon overtake Omega with LE offerings, if they haven't already done so.

I can't remember the list price for the Urishi lacquer models, however, the SARW013- pointer date sub-dial @ 6 and retrograde P/R indicator (6R27) and SARD011- retrograde day, date, and P/R indicators (6R24) are currently available from Seiya-Japan for $998 and $1380 respectively. The Urishi lacquer process is far more complicated and labor intensive than is the enameling process, making the prices of the enamel dialed models with the 6R15,* comparatively out of whack to begin with.

According to HOODWINKEE, the corresponding white enamel dialed, blue handed equivalent SPB047 (6R15) on crocogator retails for $1,170. Other than the gold powder coating on the counterweight of the seconds hand and cresenting of half of the movement holder, the SPB047 and $1350 SPB049 are the same watch.

*The 6R15 is a great movement but is less complicated and cheaper to produce than the 6R27- both have the Sopron mainspring, hack, and handwind-differences between the 6R15 and 6R27; 21,600 bph/28,800 bph; 23/29 jewels; no subdials-date window/pointer date (@ 6 o'clock) and retrograde P/R subdials; 50 hour P/R/45 hour P/R.

A cool link from SEIKO that details the details of the models and the watchmaking behind the Pressage line, here:

http://www.seiko-presage.com

Enamel dial details, here:

http://www.seikowatches.com/world/tokinowaza/yokozawa/

All about Urishi lacquer dials, here:

http://www.seikowatches.com/world/tokinowaza/tamura/
Copyright ©️ 2017 3flushes Media.

"...When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby tiktok » December 8th 2017, 1:18pm

UrUshi
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Postby conjurer » December 8th 2017, 1:57pm

I like Uschi Digard.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby AntFarm » December 8th 2017, 7:35pm

I own the black and love it... but that blue is super sexy. pricey though.
AntFarm
Watchlord WIS

Postby TemerityB » December 8th 2017, 8:20pm

I guess I don't know squat - I thought the price was all right considering how freakin' sexy that piece is.
"​A very cool, and unique, mid size, automatic, multi-function, offering, from Lucien. Imaginative, intriguing, and affordable. Thanks Lee." - Verbatim
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby 3Flushes » December 9th 2017, 12:23pm

tiktok wrote:UrUshi

Et tu Merriam?

Apparently the l-c u on my keyboard was crossed up to the l-c i. I have notified Apple, although, I blame Putin.

"...When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby 3Flushes » December 9th 2017, 12:35pm

TemerityB wrote:I guess I don't know squat - I thought the price was all right considering how freakin' sexy that piece is.

Like with any product, value is in the eye of the beholder and it certainly appears that Seiko has no problem moving everything they make at their market-repositioning price points, especially true of the GS department.

3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby tiktok » December 9th 2017, 1:59pm

I would buy it if I didn't have another Seiko on the way.
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Thunder1 » December 9th 2017, 2:46pm

tiktok wrote:I would buy it if I didn't have another Seiko on the way.

Really?..which one?
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby nimbleboy » December 10th 2017, 7:35pm

nice
Is it safe?
nimbleboy
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Hawk » December 10th 2017, 8:54pm

tiktok wrote:I would buy it if I didn't have another Seiko on the way.

What did you get us?

Hawk
ASSHAT

Return to Seiko and Citizen