Magrette Regattare II-opinions please!

Micro-Brands discussed here

Magrette Regattare II-opinions please!

Postby kevco » October 11th 2017, 6:08am

I would really appreciate yoos guys opinions on this. Comes with extra strap.


s-l1600 (5).jpg


s-l1600.jpg


s-l1600 (2).jpg










s-l1600 (4).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
kevco
Master of Time
 
Posts: 1194
Joined: June 15th 2011, 10:00pm
Location: Tulsa OK

Re: Magrette Regattare II-opinions please!

Postby foghorn » October 11th 2017, 6:40am

I've read and heard nothing but good things about the brand. Last week I Alredy moved 8 watches in the past couple weeks and more to go.
I was dangerously close to picking one up but the size was an issue. I have watches in the 44-46 mm range but am trying to belittle( :mrgreen: ) my collection and want to get it to mostly 36-42 mm watches.Jaw has a Magrette.
GET OFF MY LAWN
Image

Finding out the time is about as difficult as finding a cheesburger.
boneyguy, Sep 12, 2007 #12
User avatar
foghorn
Founding Member
 
Posts: 15044
Joined: December 18th 2009, 11:00pm

Re: Magrette Regattare II-opinions please!

Postby kevco » October 11th 2017, 7:26am

foghorn wrote:I've read and heard nothing but good things about the brand. Last week I Alredy moved 8 watches in the past couple weeks and more to go.
I was dangerously close to picking one up but the size was an issue. I have watches in the 44-46 mm range but am trying to belittle( :mrgreen: ) my collection and want to get it to mostly 36-42 mm watches.Jaw has a Magrette.



Thank you Foggiest. I went ahead and took it for $448 which includes the extra Hirsch strap ($120.00) and a recent service according to the seller. 44mm is still within my tolerance. Yes..it's an Ebay find.
The only thing I was just slightly concerned about is the 8015 movement which I know is robust and dependable. Just sort of a blah movement for me. I guess I'm spoiled. But hey..I'm the one paying and all my watches are payed for.
User avatar
kevco
Master of Time
 
Posts: 1194
Joined: June 15th 2011, 10:00pm
Location: Tulsa OK

Re: Magrette Regattare II-opinions please!

Postby conjurer » October 11th 2017, 8:59am

Yup. I saw Jaw's Magrette at the Red Bar thing; he seemed to really like it, and it seemed like a well made watch--not quite my thing, but it was impressive.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

Image
User avatar
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time
 
Posts: 24102
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm

Re: Magrette Regattare II-opinions please!

Postby gerdson » October 11th 2017, 11:05am

Too big in my eyes, but that set aside: Very nice!
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer


Well, you see, the hole thing began with peyote...
User avatar
gerdson
Master of Time
 
Posts: 1845
Joined: January 7th 2013, 11:00pm
Location: Just north of Northern Krautland

Re: Magrette Regattare II-opinions please!

Postby Falstaff » October 11th 2017, 11:17am

Folks that have 'em seem to like 'em.
"Come and take them!"
User avatar
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS
 
Posts: 6416
Joined: August 31st 2010, 10:00pm

Re: Magrette Regattare II-opinions please!

Postby Mark1 » October 11th 2017, 12:17pm

Jeffrey can make any watch look very good in a picture. That being said, he also has great taste so I'm sure it's a nice watch.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
User avatar
Mark1
Founding Member
 
Posts: 6986
Joined: December 19th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: Oregon

Re: Magrette Regattare II-opinions please!

Postby kevco » October 11th 2017, 3:43pm

We shall see.
Last edited by kevco on October 11th 2017, 7:29pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
kevco
Master of Time
 
Posts: 1194
Joined: June 15th 2011, 10:00pm
Location: Tulsa OK

Re: Magrette Regattare II-opinions please!

Postby Racer-X » October 11th 2017, 3:45pm

I have several of those Hirsch Performance straps and they are really nice.
User avatar
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 3921
Joined: June 11th 2011, 10:00pm

Re: Magrette Regattare II-opinions please!

Postby Wasp » October 12th 2017, 5:33am

Overall I like the line. Your example has just enough contrasting features to be appealing. Block text and numerals perfect for this watch. The "05" in lieu of "5" ....nice.

The scrolled watches have always resonated with me. The beauty, symbolisim and my seeing a tie in to the Haka give it a meta-physicality. Seems alive.
Resist Resist Resist Resist Resist Fake News Resist Resist Resist Resist Resist
Image
User avatar
Wasp
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 2830
Joined: December 31st 2012, 11:00pm
Location: Zip Code: e-i-e-i-o

Re: Magrette Regattare II-opinions please!

Postby kevco » October 12th 2017, 6:08am

Wasp wrote:Overall I like the line. Your example has just enough contrasting features to be appealing. Block text and numerals perfect for this watch. The "05" in lieu of "5" ....nice.

The scrolled watches have always resonated with me. The beauty, symbolisim and my seeing a tie in to the Haka give it a meta-physicality. Seems alive.




I had to look up HAKA. I learned something today!


Maori_dancers.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
kevco
Master of Time
 
Posts: 1194
Joined: June 15th 2011, 10:00pm
Location: Tulsa OK

Re: Magrette Regattare II-opinions please!

Postby svaglic » October 12th 2017, 8:18am

Jeffrey has awesome taste in watches, this watch has to be better than good for him to like it.
The truth is the truth, even if no one believes it. A lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it. Unknown
User avatar
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time
 
Posts: 3631
Joined: November 30th 2010, 11:00pm

Re: Magrette Regattare II-opinions please!

Postby kevco » October 12th 2017, 8:25am

svaglic wrote:Jeffrey has awesome taste in watches, this watch has to be better than good for him to like it.


Can you guys enlighten me as to how you know this chap?
User avatar
kevco
Master of Time
 
Posts: 1194
Joined: June 15th 2011, 10:00pm
Location: Tulsa OK

Re: Magrette Regattare II-opinions please!

Postby svaglic » October 12th 2017, 8:29am

kevco wrote:
svaglic wrote:Jeffrey has awesome taste in watches, this watch has to be better than good for him to like it.


Can you guys enlighten me as to how you know this chap?


Jaw, look back through some of his posts and you will see his watch and comments.
The truth is the truth, even if no one believes it. A lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it. Unknown
User avatar
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time
 
Posts: 3631
Joined: November 30th 2010, 11:00pm

Re: Magrette Regattare II-opinions please!

Postby Wasp » October 12th 2017, 9:37am

kevco wrote:
Wasp wrote:Overall I like the line. Your example has just enough contrasting features to be appealing. Block text and numerals perfect for this watch. The "05" in lieu of "5" ....nice.

The scrolled watches have always resonated with me. The beauty, symbolisim and my seeing a tie in to the Haka give it a meta-physicality. Seems alive.




I had to look up HAKA. I learned something today!


Maori_dancers.jpg


I think previously posted by Koi.

Grab the Hanky
Resist Resist Resist Resist Resist Fake News Resist Resist Resist Resist Resist
Image
User avatar
Wasp
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 2830
Joined: December 31st 2012, 11:00pm
Location: Zip Code: e-i-e-i-o

Re: Magrette Regattare II-opinions please!

Postby conjurer » October 12th 2017, 9:58am

Wasp wrote:I think previously posted by Koi.

Grab the Hanky


I'm sure glad these guys are on our side.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

Image
User avatar
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time
 
Posts: 24102
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm


Return to Micro-Brands

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest