Corum Admiral's Cup $1350

Corum Admiral's Cup $1350

Postby Falstaff » October 11th 2017, 7:05am

Sweet sufferin' Jeebus - helluvadeal complete with sailor-boy signal flags! http://watchintyme.com/showthread.php?4 ... -with-Code

Be the envy of the yacht club for short bux.
"Come and take them!"
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Re: Corum Admiral's Cup $1350

Postby conjurer » October 11th 2017, 8:55am

Well goddam thats a nice watch no error you plank. If I wore that Id be the toste of all the boys down at the Special Boat Service at Hereford the cocks. I mite even get myself a little skull from Petunia the fuck.

Thanks four posting you spastic.

Kind regards, Dirtbox, VC.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » October 11th 2017, 10:09am

The last time Corum made a nice watch was...wait...ahhh, yes, the late 1950s (the Rubimatic, powered by an ETA 2452). The bling is there, though, so should one want bling, that's the way to go. Of course, that's unless you're having a horological arms race with someone wearing an Everose gold Yacht-Master.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Oh, cock!
James May
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby Falstaff » October 11th 2017, 10:29am

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:The last time Corum made a nice watch was...wait...ahhh, yes, the late 1950s (the Rubimatic, powered by an ETA 2452). The bling is there, though, so should one want bling, that's the way to go. Of course, that's unless you're having a horological arms race with someone wearing an Everose gold Yacht-Master.

1950s? Hardly. The original Golden Bridge was and is the tits - 1980, baby. Now down to biz - I'm quite taken with the AC Trophy above, Mr. Bloke - any idea which movement it employs?
"Come and take them!"
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Postby kevco » October 11th 2017, 10:40am

shopping.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kevco
Master of Time

Postby Falstaff » October 11th 2017, 10:44am

kevco wrote:
shopping.jpg

A beauty - but this is the one I was thinking about -
http://www.hautetime.com/wp-content/upl ... e_1980.png
"Come and take them!"
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » October 11th 2017, 11:15am

Falstaff wrote:
MKTheVintageBloke wrote:The last time Corum made a nice watch was...wait...ahhh, yes, the late 1950s (the Rubimatic, powered by an ETA 2452). The bling is there, though, so should one want bling, that's the way to go. Of course, that's unless you're having a horological arms race with someone wearing an Everose gold Yacht-Master.

1950s? Hardly. The original Golden Bridge was and is the tits - 1980, baby. Now down to biz - I'm quite taken with the AC Trophy above, Mr. Bloke - any idea which movement it employs?

"Nice" is an entirely subjective matter, sir John. 1950s, that be merely the opinion that I, Mr. Bloke, have. The Golden Bridge is not half bad. I'm not really into skeleton watches, so... Still, by skeleton watch standards, it's more than OK.
I do like their coin watches, although still I think the old Rubimatic beats them in terms of the looks.

As to that watch - the info seems to be hard to come by, and in most (if not all!) places, the movement is only described as "automatic", which is an infuriating practice of being economic with the tech specs. Usually it's used to hide the facts that aren't as much compromising (why would they, with a brand like Corum?) as they are unlikely to impress.
Since the movement is not being described in any offer or listing, I can only assume that it's generic - the watch being something of an entry level piece, that would make sense. The location of the date window in relation to the edge of the case and the centre of the dial would suggest something 12 lignes tops.
Of Corum's current collection (the watch in question appears to have been discontinued - or at least it's not on the Corum website), there are 2 sweep second time and date models, that being a 47mm behemoth with a 13.25''' in-house movement, and a 38mm with an ETA 2892 (not described as such, but...21 jewels, 28800vph 11.5''', that tells me all I need to know). That said, expect an ETA inside, likely a 2892 alright. Maybe SW300, the 2892's Sellita clone - I know that Eterna, under the same ownership, uses the SW300, so maybe Corum does as well. So either the SW300 or the 2892.
Winston Churchill

The Dude

Oh, cock!
James May
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby Falstaff » October 11th 2017, 11:53am

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:
Falstaff wrote:

"Nice" is an entirely subjective matter, sir John. 1950s, that be merely the opinion that I, Mr. Bloke, have. The Golden Bridge is not half bad. I'm not really into skeleton watches, so... Still, by skeleton watch standards, it's more than OK.
I do like their coin watches, although still I think the old Rubimatic beats them in terms of the looks.

As to that watch - the info seems to be hard to come by, and in most (if not all!) places, the movement is only described as "automatic", which is an infuriating practice of being economic with the tech specs. Usually it's used to hide the facts that aren't as much compromising (why would they, with a brand like Corum?) as they are unlikely to impress.
Since the movement is not being described in any offer or listing, I can only assume that it's generic - the watch being something of an entry level piece, that would make sense. The location of the date window in relation to the edge of the case and the centre of the dial would suggest something 12 lignes tops.
Of Corum's current collection (the watch in question appears to have been discontinued - or at least it's not on the Corum website), there are 2 sweep second time and date models, that being a 47mm behemoth with a 13.25''' in-house movement, and a 38mm with an ETA 2892 (not described as such, but...21 jewels, 28800vph 11.5''', that tells me all I need to know). That said, expect an ETA inside, likely a 2892 alright. Maybe SW300, the 2892's Sellita clone - I know that Eterna, under the same ownership, uses the SW300, so maybe Corum does as well. So either the SW300 or the 2892.

Certainly discontinued - probably NOS. Most I've seen offered are 2005/06 vintage or thereabout. I don't believe Sellita had the 300 at that point, so you are likely correct about the 2892.
"Come and take them!"
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Postby Falstaff » October 11th 2017, 12:05pm

Falstaff wrote:
MKTheVintageBloke wrote:
Falstaff wrote:

Certainly discontinued - probably NOS. Most I've seen offered are 2005/06 vintage or thereabout. I don't believe Sellita had the 300 at that point, so you are likely correct about the 2892.

EDIT: Update. Chap on another forum says it's Corum's CO-082, a Corum customized Soprod A10. Size and specs fit....
"Come and take them!"
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » October 11th 2017, 12:28pm

Could be Soprod alright. Same diameter, date window location would be similar as well.

2005/2006? I guess the SW300 would have already been around. Sellita started the production of ETA clones in 2003, and the 2824 and 2892 happen to be the "usual suspects", when a company starts making copies of ETAs. They certainly had the means to start the production of these clones back then, as prior to 2003, they were a parts supplier to the Swatch Group.

If it's NOS, like, completely NOS, then the oils in the movement are something like 12 years old, which is from 5 to 7 years above the "shelf life" of the oils used. So, should you decide to get it, it will be due for servicing as soon as it arrives.
Winston Churchill

The Dude

Oh, cock!
James May
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby Mortuus » October 11th 2017, 1:58pm

Fucking Jomashop...a bunch of evil tempters & temptresses, all of whom blatantly expose their wares with a salaciousness that defies all that is pure, all that is familiar, all that is warm, fuzzy and snugglebunny safe. ***SIGH*** And, of course, weakened and watch-sodden old sot that I am, I find myself heeding the horological siren-song of this lusty-busty pice of soft, warm and yielding watch flesh...NO! I...mustn't...dammit, where is Super Powdered Toast Man when I so desperately need him...? :???:
Mortuus
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Falstaff » October 11th 2017, 2:35pm

Mortuus wrote:Fucking Jomashop...a bunch of evil tempters & temptresses, all of whom blatantly expose their wares with a salaciousness that defies all that is pure, all that is familiar, all that is warm, fuzzy and snugglebunny safe. ***SIGH*** And, of course, weakened and watch-sodden old sot that I am, I find myself heeding the horological siren-song of this lusty-busty pice of soft, warm and yielding watch flesh...NO! I...mustn't...dammit, where is Super Powdered Toast Man when I so desperately need him...? :???:

Yup, a reglar Salome.
"Come and take them!"
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Postby foghorn » October 11th 2017, 2:46pm

Falstaff wrote:
Mortuus wrote:Fucking Jomashop...a bunch of evil tempters & temptresses, all of whom blatantly expose their wares with a salaciousness that defies all that is pure, all that is familiar, all that is warm, fuzzy and snugglebunny safe. ***SIGH*** And, of course, weakened and watch-sodden old sot that I am, I find myself heeding the horological siren-song of this lusty-busty pice of soft, warm and yielding watch flesh...NO! I...mustn't...dammit, where is Super Powdered Toast Man when I so desperately need him...? :???:

Yup, a reglar Salome.

With a side of Baloney
GET OFF MY LAWN

Finding out the time is about as difficult as finding a cheesburger.
boneyguy, Sep 12, 2007 #12
foghorn
Founding Member

Postby Wasp » October 11th 2017, 3:32pm

The Flying Wasp...dear old daddy had one.

Resist Resist Resist Resist Resist Fake News Resist Resist Resist Resist Resist
Wasp
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Falstaff » October 12th 2017, 1:08pm

foghorn wrote:
Falstaff wrote:

Yup, a reglar Salome.

With a side of Baloney

...and a big slice of ham!
"Come and take them!"
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Return to Daily and Weekly Deals