Antiquorum USA stiffs Patek owner of $100k

Antiquorum USA stiffs Patek owner of $100k

Postby koimaster » October 10th 2017, 4:02pm

A Florida man who sold a Patek Philippe ref. 5213G at Antiquorum USA for over US$300,000 in November last year is still owed US$100,000, according to the New York Post. The seller, Andrew Woods, sued Antiquorum of New York in June 2017 for the balance, but instead received several watches as collateral – including a Patek Philippe wristwatch once owned by mafioso “Lucky” Luciano – until the outstanding amount was paid. The deadline for the payment has since passed.

Earlier articles in the New York newspaper also cite other lawsuits by clients who are still owned money by the auction house. The stories fail to mention, however, that the American Antiquorum is now completely separately from its Swiss and Hong Kong counterpart of the same name, the result of a drawn-out struggle over what was once the world’s leading watch auctioneer, founded in 1970 by Osvaldo Patrizzi, a tall Milan native with swept-back silver hair who invented the thematic watch auction. Just before he lost control of Antiquorum, the watch-obsessed Patrizzi had sold the vast majority of the priciest timepieces ever sold at auction.

http://watchesbysjx.com/2017/10/the-new ... npaid.html

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Antiquorum USA stiffs Patek owner of $100k

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » October 10th 2017, 4:13pm

Fuck Antiquorum. Fuck them for practices like that, and fuck them for Timezone and the Massena regime.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Oh, cock!
James May
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby conjurer » October 10th 2017, 7:07pm

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:Fuck Antiquorum. Fuck them for practices like that, and fuck them for Timezone and the Massena regime.

It sounds to me that Antiquorum is ready to fold up anyway. Until then, fuck 'em in the ear.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Hawk » October 10th 2017, 8:20pm

With watches being provided as collateral in lieu of money can an elite black card membership be far behind?
When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.

— Richard Dawkins, evolutionary biologist
Hawk
ASSHAT

Postby conjurer » October 10th 2017, 8:29pm

Hawk wrote:With watches being provided as collateral in lieu of money can an elite black card membership be far behind?

Maybe the CEO will transfer the lease of his Audi and start dressing like a gangbanger.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Return to General Watch talk