U-Boat Flightdeck Chronograph 50mm Automatic Watch

U-Boat Flightdeck Chronograph 50mm Automatic Watch

Postby koimaster » December 15th 2015, 11:05am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jup333WYy3U[/youtube]

U-Boat-Watches

HANDCRAFTED IN ITALY

THE HISTORY, Lucca, 1942.

Ilvo Fontana, crafter of precision engineering instruments, received a prestigious commission from the Italian Navy: to design and build a new type of watch for their pilots. This challenge meant satisfying the high quality standards of the Navy and respecting very precise technical specifications, but above all guaranteeing maximum visibility and reliability in any light or weather condition. However, circumstance at that time did not allow the project to materialize.

In 2000, Italo Fontana, Ilvo’s grandson, discovered these precious designs, which were to become his source of inspiration for the creation of the first U-Boat watch and his new dimension in time. U-Boat watches are characterized by their strong identity, large size, perfect legibility in all light and weather conditions, along with their bold and distinctive design: the left crown protected by a specially designed safety cover.

Just like their original namesake, these watches are bold, aggressive and oversized. These timepieces embody force and style and reveal the unique personality of the man behind the revival, Italo Fontana. Every individual U-Boat watch is handcrafted in Italy and each tiny detail is overseen by Italo Fontana himself

https://www.watchismo.com/u-boat-watches/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: U-Boat Flightdeck Chronograph 50mm Automatic Watch

Postby foghorn » December 15th 2015, 11:41am

Big watch with little loom.
What ever happened to You Boat?
GET OFF MY LAWN

Finding out the time is about as difficult as finding a cheesburger.
boneyguy, Sep 12, 2007 #12
foghorn
Founding Member

Re: U-Boat Flightdeck Chronograph 50mm Automatic Watch

Postby Tzimisces » December 15th 2015, 11:47am

Typical over wrought copy. Watch is way too big for me, even if I liked the design, which I don't. I imagine Ahnold has a few in his junk drawer, though.
I think it's appropriate that a watch that pays homage too the glorious WW2 Italian military carries a German name.
“He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as his wife would have it, an idiot.”
Tzimisces
Senior Member & WIS

Return to Military Style Watches