“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Blast from the past - geeks and sandstone

Postby TemerityB » March 5th 2013, 7:04pm

Great to repost this for newbies, lurkers, and fanbois/clodhopppers.

It's the entire WG experience in a nutshell - utter disappointment in a product not being all it's cracked up to be; the Greek chorus of Geeks rises up to blame the messenger (or other "hater" sites like this one); fawning hero worship from the Cheeto-fingered "minions"; warning to "calm down" from an ass monkey mod; goofball losers such as "Fiddy" offer conspiracy theories, and then belittles the person who found out the false claim when he claims he didn't get enough "proof"; in-fighting begins among the chimp members; doofus, ass-licking MOD, after five pages of bickering, finally chimes in and asks for "patience" so that one of the owner/operators can form some sort of lie to get out of the just-unearthed predicament; ultra-maroon hyper Geek tries to make piece with "If-you-like-the-watch-who-cares-what-it's-made-of"; serial lying TV talking head begs for patience so they can find the company owner who is, well, somewhere; same asswipe TV hucksters starts to reason this might all be one great big "betrayal"; owner finally is found and says "give me more time to contact our dial supplier," as if that person might be in Pago Pago; owner, a while later, offers a BS explanation for how it's really GEN-U-WINE sandstone in a way that miraculously describes the substance as not really being sandstone; WG monkeys scratch their heads and balls; TV toady tap dances some more; more conspiracies fly; bannings and closings threatened; sites like this roar with laughter from afar; see-no-evil uber-Geek Bichon Daddy wishes it all would just go away, uncaring that the OP was ripped off; suddenly, on air, the hucksters start referring to it as "sandstone material"; panicking ultra Geeks beg for the thread to be closed so they can't stop crying themselves to sleep; owner offers final BS explanation that makes no sense to anyone who can read or write; Larry Bichon claps his hands like a baby getting his first entire box of animal crackers; thread closed.

That particular incident was the final nail in the coffin for any possible credibility left for IWG in so many people I know. One thing's for sure: The OP got ripped. And nobody at IWG really gave a flying shit, they just tap-danced the night away while concocting one of the lamest excuses ever put in print.

And to think, WGs has only gotten worse since Michael "Pasty Cakes" Davis took it over.

And this is why WGs is the lamest excuse for a hobby site ever created. It's a complete laughing stock to anyone who can actually dress themselves and learn about watches; all that's left there is a giant pool of DUH.

Oh, and to encapsulate: It wasn't sandstone.

Gee wizzums!
"​A very cool, and unique, mid size, automatic, multi-function, offering, from Lucien. Imaginative, intriguing, and affordable. Thanks Lee." - Verbatim
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby Horse Feathers » March 5th 2013, 7:14pm

T, that was a fantastic summary and an accurate template for all their failures (past, present and future)

"I did lose a pusher pulling it out of the mug however
it doesn't affect functionality"

- JR of Reclinervision ™
Horse Feathers
ASSHAT

Postby 3Flushes » March 5th 2013, 7:24pm

"It's not real, sandy sandstone, it's jewelry grade sandstone." "I knew there was an explanation and that you wouldn't screw us Mr. Lalo, I'ma buy two more." "That's right."
Copyright ©️ 2017 3flushes Media.

"...When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby jason_recliner » March 5th 2013, 7:25pm

So good!!!

Bonded grains of sandstone? Er, that would be sand. And glue.

Exotic!
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Postby conjurer » March 5th 2013, 8:29pm

Quikfix on WG's True Life Story sounds uncomfortably close to our own idiot savant man-child, Geeknomo, who broke the story first, if I recall correctly.

Of course, quikfix posted in a more sedate, none-all-caps ranting than GNM, but still, it's one of the few examples of a Geek being more functionally literate than a Lord.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby supernovae » March 5th 2013, 9:07pm

TemerityB wrote:Great to repost this for newbies, lurkers, and fanbois/clodhopppers.

It's the entire WG experience in a nutshell - utter disappointment in a product not being all it's cracked up to be; the Greek chorus of Geeks rises up to blame the messenger (or other "hater" sites like this one); fawning hero worship from the Cheeto-fingered "minions"; warning to "calm down" from an ass monkey mod; goofball losers such as "Fiddy" offer conspiracy theories, and then belittles the person who found out the false claim when he claims he didn't get enough "proof"; in-fighting begins among the chimp members; doofus, ass-licking MOD, after five pages of bickering, finally chimes in and asks for "patience" so that one of the owner/operators can form some sort of lie to get out of the just-unearthed predicament; ultra-maroon hyper Geek tries to make piece with "If-you-like-the-watch-who-cares-what-it's-made-of"; serial lying TV talking head begs for patience so they can find the company owner who is, well, somewhere; same asswipe TV hucksters starts to reason this might all be one great big "betrayal"; owner finally is found and says "give me more time to contact our dial supplier," as if that person might be in Pago Pago; owner, a while later, offers a BS explanation for how it's really GEN-U-WINE sandstone in a way that miraculously describes the substance as not really being sandstone; WG monkeys scratch their heads and balls; TV toady tap dances some more; more conspiracies fly; bannings and closings threatened; sites like this roar with laughter from afar; see-no-evil uber-Geek Bichon Daddy wishes it all would just go away, uncaring that the OP was ripped off; suddenly, on air, the hucksters start referring to it as "sandstone material"; panicking ultra Geeks beg for the thread to be closed so they can't stop crying themselves to sleep; owner offers final BS explanation that makes no sense to anyone who can read or write; Larry Bichon claps his hands like a baby getting his first entire box of animal crackers; thread closed.

That particular incident was the final nail in the coffin for any possible credibility left for IWG in so many people I know. One thing's for sure: The OP got ripped. And nobody at IWG really gave a flying shit, they just tap-danced the night away while concocting one of the lamest excuses ever put in print.

And to think, WGs has only gotten worse since Michael "Pasty Cakes" Davis took it over.

And this is why WGs is the lamest excuse for a hobby site ever created. It's a complete laughing stock to anyone who can actually dress themselves and learn about watches; all that's left there is a giant pool of DUH.

Gee wizzums!

damN son :)
supernovae
Senior Member & WIS

Postby abduksion » April 8th 2013, 11:07pm

LOL at this user name on geeks invictaisthebestwatch
I've never felt like I truly belonged here and I believe it's time I move on.
abduksion

Postby foghorn » April 9th 2013, 6:31am

abduksion wrote:LOL at this user name on geeks invictaisthebestwatch

Almost as bad as "Invictafan"
GET OFF MY LAWN

Finding out the time is about as difficult as finding a cheesburger.
boneyguy, Sep 12, 2007 #12
foghorn
Founding Member

Postby Horse Feathers » April 9th 2013, 6:39am

conjurer wrote:Quikfix on WG's True Life Story sounds uncomfortably close to our own idiot savant man-child, Geeknomo, who broke the story first, if I recall correctly.

Of course, quikfix posted in a more sedate, none-all-caps ranting than GNM, but still, it's one of the few examples of a Geek being more functionally literate than a Lord.

He was a unique member.

- JR of Reclinervision ™
Horse Feathers
ASSHAT

Postby Watch Noob » April 9th 2013, 8:30am

Ahhh the mammories
Watch Noob
Founding Member

Postby abduksion » April 9th 2013, 2:31pm

foghorn wrote:
abduksion wrote:LOL at this user name on geeks invictaisthebestwatch

Almost as bad as "Invictafan"

Cut me some slack, that was the first name I thought of for my photobucket.
I've never felt like I truly belonged here and I believe it's time I move on.
abduksion

Postby codguy » April 9th 2013, 2:39pm

TemerityB wrote:Great to repost this for newbies, lurkers, and fanbois/clodhopppers.

Gee wizzums!

codguy
ASSHAT

Postby Tzimisces » April 9th 2013, 3:41pm

TemerityB wrote:

Gee wizzums!

Oh, and I suppose you have an advanced degree in geology? Even if you do, is it specifically in sandstone evaluation?

Didn't think so, hater.
“He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as his wife would have it, an idiot.”
Tzimisces
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Horse Feathers » April 9th 2013, 3:47pm

Tzimisces wrote:
TemerityB wrote:

Gee wizzums!

Oh, and I suppose you have an advanced degree in geology? Even if you do, is it specifically in sandstone evaluation?

Didn't think so, hater.

Nope, he only has an Undergraduate degree but he shared his analysis with Watch Noob, who was fortunately staying in a Holiday Inn

- JR of Reclinervision ™
Horse Feathers
ASSHAT

Postby TimeMachine » April 9th 2013, 7:47pm

Ah, those were the days. They used to let those threads run on for pages and pages. Amazing that some of those posts didn't result in bans. These days a thread like that would be shut down in the first few posts, scrubbed from the system, and multiple people instantly banned.
TimeMachine
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Darksider » January 30th 2015, 4:16pm

:D
Darksider
Founder

Postby koimaster » November 4th 2015, 9:40am

:bump: I think the followers of the lalo and others need to be reminded of the bait and switch Invicta is so famous for.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Return to Invicta controversies