Sinobi Divers

Asian Made & Swiss Asian watches

Sinobi Divers

Postby SynMike » September 23rd 2017, 7:42pm

I previously posted photos of a couple of Sinobi divers in other threads. Here are all 3 that I bought shown in one place. Post pictures and comments on yours, especially if you have other models or other colors.

First up the Blue one that I bought for under $30. This is my favorite and the keeper out of the 3. Solid feel, nice finish quality, solid bracelet links. The bezel has carved indices filled with white - very nice. It's a unique color, brighter than most blue watches. The blue changes color depending on the light. I prefer the shape of the indexes on the blue one. I wish the hands were a bit wider or bolder to better match the overall size of the watch. I'm a fan.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Next up is the Coke bezel. I have never been a big fan of coke or pepsi bezel but I thought I would try one at $25. It is well worth the money if you like the bezels. The textured dial is pretty good, although it would be better if the crystal had antireflective coating. I have already sold this one. It confirmed that coke or pepsi bezel is just not my thing.

There are several differences apart from color:

1. Coke has wave texture dial, Blue dial has no texture
2. Coke bezel is printed. Blue bezel is machined and filled numbers and indexes
3. Coke has a chapter ring with minute markers, Blue has minute markers on the dial.
4. Size of Sinobi Logo
5. Style of Indexes applied on dial
6. The pip on the Coke bezel sits high out of the bezel. The one in the blue is inset with a slight bump.

Next up is the older model, bought for $8. It's better than the silly price suggests but the newer model is well worth the upgrade. Overall the older model feels like a lightweight, cheap watch. The newer model in blue (or other colors) feels a lot nicer. Here is the newer Blue and older mode together.

There are several differences apart from color:

1. Blue one has a brushed case, older model is polished
2. Blue has Date, older has no date
3. Blue has a nicer movement that feels smooth/solid when setting, Older has light feel and minute hand jumps as much as a minute as you push crown in.
4. Older one has a chapter ring with minute markers, Blue only has the markers on the dial.
5. Blue has bigger crown
6. Blue has solid clicks on bezel, older model has light clicks and a lot of "play"
7. Blue has solid bracelet, older has folded links
8. Blue has better clasp with 2 buttons + safety, older has lightweight clasp with 2 buttons.
9. Blue has screw in back, older is press in
10. The old model arrived missing the pip from the bezel.

Conclusion:

The newer model of Sinobi divers is a good improvement over the older model. If you like very affordable watches, all of these are easily worth the low price paid. I think you will be very happy with the new models for the $30 price and underwhelmed with the older model (but it's under $10).
Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and you'll have his shoes.
SynMike
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Sinobi Divers

Postby biglove » September 23rd 2017, 7:53pm

What’s your purchase source?
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Re: Sinobi Divers

Postby SynMike » September 23rd 2017, 8:12pm

You can find these on Aliexpress.

Hey, even lower price now:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/SINOBI- ... 81ccc4eab3
Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and you'll have his shoes.
SynMike
Senior Member & WIS

Return to Asian and Far East Watches