Modern Chinese Divers

Asian Made & Swiss Asian watches

Modern Chinese Divers

Postby tiktok » May 12th 2017, 4:27pm

As some of you have seen Ron, Juan and I have at some point or another owned modern Chinese dress watches by Maison Celadon featuring the pressed dials and nice finish work. Now Celadon is prototyping its first dive watches, the Yu Fei, named after a great Chinese warrior. Movement is the same SB18 hand cranker with smoked sapphire crystals and 300 m water resistance. Thought I would post these up and see what you think. These are not cast in stone so feedback is fluid. The case size is around 40mm. Price not known but the dress watches were under $1k.

tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Modern Chinese Divers

Postby biglove » May 12th 2017, 4:56pm

Put it on a fine bracelet and I would buy. Their dial work and finishing is phenomenal from all I have read and seen.
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby conjurer » May 12th 2017, 5:09pm

They've really nailed the whole pesky numbers on the bezel thing. If they make an orange dial example, I'm in like Flynn.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby abduksion » May 12th 2017, 6:44pm

I've been checking out Sea Gull, Beijing and Red Star watches speaking of Red Star they have a model
with a 70 hr power reserve which may not seem like a big deal to some, but if you think about it for a Chinese
made watch that's an achievement. Its not a diver but still worth buying I believe and under $400 us not bad.
To give a comparison which is not the best is the Seiko Spring Drive's which have a 72 hr power reserve and will
set you back what $5k-7k? Again not the best comparison.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQr5EUB1K5w[/youtube]
I've never felt like I truly belonged here and I believe it's time I move on.
abduksion

Return to Asian and Far East Watches