Winter in Japan - good read

Asian Made & Swiss Asian watches

Winter in Japan - good read

Postby koimaster » February 3rd 2017, 9:01pm

I had the opportunity to visit Japan again over the end of January and the start of February 2016.

On this trip I arrived late on Friday evening and by this time most of the stores had closed so I decided to just head to Akihabara Yodobashi and get a travel SIM for my phone so I would have low cost mobile data during my stay.

While there I checked out their watch selection. They have a good mix of all the general models from most manufactures including Grand Seiko and The Citizen ranges as well as Casio and various Swiss models.

On Saturday morning I headed to the FMWV (Free Market of Watch Vintage) held at Sunshine City in Ikebukuro. I arrived a little after 9:30 and paid the additional entry fee.

There was the normal number of around ten vendors each offering both domestic and foreign watches. As usual there was many fantastic looking watches with many I would be proud to add to my collection. While here I purchased an example of the first Seiko automatic model from around 1956. This example was not in perfect condition but has a nice example dial and the movement is running well. The power reserve is also functioning well and this is the 21 jewel version of this model.

I have been looking out for a reasonable condition example of this model for a while so it was a nice pickup.

https://www.plus9time.com/japan-winter-2016/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Winter in Japan - good read

Postby eddiea » February 4th 2017, 4:37am

Indeed very good read!!...what a trip that was
eddiea