Stowa Antea Klassik 365 review

From Sothis to Blancier, all things German

Stowa Antea Klassik 365 review

Postby koimaster » April 27th 2018, 3:25pm

Today fellow watch enthusiasts we are going to take a look at a traditional german watchmaker by the name
of STOWA ( Schto-Va ). Stowa has been around a very long time and you might have seen their famous pilot flieger watches during the world war 2 era but this model dates way back to 1937. This was a time when watches were generally smaller, mechanical as a standard, and in my opinion had a bit more class and elegance.

The Antea Klassik 365 has been produced by STOWA since 1937, and at that time the “Bauhaus” design was relatively a new concept. Bauhaus style watches are generally simple, clean, elegant, and very traditional in look and size. The original design has not changed much and stays true to form as you can reference to the picture above. The design of the dials came from Weber & Baral, a german dial factory located in Pforzheim. Popular german watchmaker A. Lange Sohne actually produced the first style back in 1937 not too far from Stowa’s production ( picture below ) using the same exact dial manufacturer. In 2004 Stowa CEO Jörg Schauer re introduced the Antea line to the public, and in 2015 he updated the model a bit with designer Hartmut Esslinger which appeared a bit more fresh and modern while still utilizing the original bauhaus font.

http://www.watchaddictchannel.com/writt ... ory3574196

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Stowa Antea Klassik 365 review

Postby conjurer » April 27th 2018, 7:55pm

I don't know about anybody else, but I'm getting a little sick and tired of all this Bauhaus bullshit!
Jim...you are a ray of sunshine here.

--pacerguy, tonguing Jawbone's distended ballsack, at WITless.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby tiktok » April 27th 2018, 8:50pm

Bauhus is really a lifestyle thing to build cities, design big products like furniture, watches are really just rubbing one out like saying Bauhaus potato chips.
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Postby TemerityB » April 28th 2018, 8:16am

I like Stowa, but that looks like someone slapped a Stowa logo on a $59 department store watch.

Yep, the whole look is gettin' played out. I mean, right now Michael Kors watches for women - Michael Kors, which dominated women's fashion watches for 10 years - is on the verge because women finally got around to saying "that again?" Now we need those widdie Nancy Boys with their bespoke designer pants, scraggle beards, and Bauhaus watches to get a shave, wear pants that don't look like Mary Tyler Moore dancing on the Dick Van Dyke Show, and get a watch that freakin' GQ didn't tell 'em to buy.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Return to German Watches