MeisterSinger No. 01 City Edition

From Sothis to Blancier, all things German

MeisterSinger No. 01 City Edition

Postby koimaster » September 19th 2017, 9:53am

MeisterSinger is a brand apart… For one thing, they are the only watchmaker to offer only watches with a specific display, based on the “single-hand” concept – in various sizes, in various styles, with or without additional features, but always with one hand only to indicate the time. This has become a hallmark for MeisterSinger. Today, of course with the Mono-Aiguille idea fully preserved, the brand is launching a refreshing concept, with no less than 45 different limited editions, the MeisterSinger No. 01 City Edition, each of them as a tribute to the cities where its retailers are based.

https://monochrome-watches.com/introduc ... ies-price/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: MeisterSinger No. 01 City Edition

Postby TemerityB » September 19th 2017, 12:47pm

I read somewhere that MeisterSinger, as a company, only produces about 10,000 watches a year. So, it almost knocked me on my ass when last Christmas time I saw one at a markdown store (Nordstrom Rack). Floored me to this day; you never know what you'll find gray.

As for these pieces, they sorta kinda look like stuff MS has already issued, save the casebacks - not that that's bad, mind you. MS makes some pretty nice stuff, and at pretty low price points. All I know is that the piece I handled was really solid, well made, and substantial given its styling. I didn't even mind the one-hand concept once I figured out how to read it.

Those funny Germans: Looking the company's website, I got a chuckle finding out where the "New York" edition is available: A jeweler in Naples, Florida. I have no idea which subway line runs there. :wink:
"May I suggest chicken?" - HF
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Return to German Watches