Nomos Glashutte Club Automat Datum Signal Blue

From Sothis to Blancier, all things German

Nomos Glashutte Club Automat Datum Signal Blue

Postby Racer-X » May 22nd 2017, 6:42pm

by Angus Davies "A Brave Blue World. The Nomos Glashütte Club Automat Datum Signal Blue features a bold, fun dial, yet harnesses serious watchmaking craftsmanship while representing incredible value for money.

When large organisations unveil new products they have invariably already been exhaustively appraised by ‘focus groups’. The focus groups consist of a collection of individuals who are representative of the target audience. Each member of the group is canvassed for their opinion on a potential new product. Sadly, one downside of this approach is that ingenious designs and adventurous specifications are often ‘dumbed down’, resulting in commercially safe, mediocre products.

It is clear that Nomos did not subscribe to the focus group approach when it unveiled the Club Automat Datum Signal Blue. Its vivid blue dial is unlike no other and does not conform to the conservative, safe colour schemes typically found in the windows of many watch retailers. It was with a sense of intrigue that I requested a sample of this cheerful timepiece, eager to ascertain whether there was any substance behind its notable style."

Article at Escapement

Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Nomos Glashutte Club Automat Datum Signal Blue

Postby foghorn » May 22nd 2017, 6:47pm

Oh mama.........................

This is the jinnies with their legahorns feinting to read in theirhandmade's book of stralegy while making their war undisidesthe Willingdone
foghorn
Founding Member

Postby biglove » May 22nd 2017, 7:36pm

Butter my butt and call me a biscuit. THAT is one fine watch.

Wow!
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-Robert A. Heinlein
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby conjurer » May 22nd 2017, 10:29pm

I would normally say that this watch gives me a big, spurting boner--but I never know where you stupid bastards stand with Nomos. So I'll wait a little while before I say that it gives me a big, spurting boner.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!
conjurer
Master of Time

Postby Falstaff » May 23rd 2017, 7:32am

Mostly I just don't get the whole Nomos vibe - and it's not as if I'm down on Bauhaus. This one has attractive colourways, though.
"Open the pod bay doors, HAL.
I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
What's the problem HAL?
I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do."
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Postby TemerityB » May 23rd 2017, 8:02am

I know, it's the language thing, and I'm a big Nomos fan - but I can't read the name of these things without harkening back to the first fast food restaurant in New York City, the legendary Automat run by Horn & Hardart, where you could pull a sandwich and piece of pie out of the wall after paying for them with coins:

Forgive the hijack, but I just had to. It's the New Yorker in me.
"I don't have pet peeves - I have major psychotic fucking hatreds." – George Carlin
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Return to German Watches