The Chase

From Sothis to Blancier, all things German

The Chase

Postby attila350 » April 7th 2017, 9:09pm

Has anyone noticed that chasing your dream watch if more fun than actually finding it? I have searched for a Tutima Fligerchronograph-G for about ten years, everyone who wants a gold Rolex has one, however finding this one was hard,I guess anyone who has one wants to keep it,or are asking way too much money, but I finally got one for $1500 under scrap price, and now that I have it ,I miss the hunt....
attila350
Senior Member & WIS

Re: The Chase

Postby koimaster » April 7th 2017, 10:13pm

Yep

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby conjurer » April 7th 2017, 11:40pm

Double yup. It's all in the hunt, boy. It's all in the hunt.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!
conjurer
Master of Time

Postby Falstaff » April 8th 2017, 8:41am

attila350 wrote:Has anyone noticed that chasing your dream watch if more fun than actually finding it? I have searched for a Tutima Fligerchronograph-G for about ten years, everyone who wants a gold Rolex has one, however finding this one was hard,I guess anyone who has one wants to keep it,or are asking way too much money, but I finally got one for $1500 under scrap price, and now that I have it ,I miss the hunt....

Well, ownership has its rewards as well: display that rare bird so that we can compliment you on your persistence, good taste, and eye for a decent price - let's see the damn thing! :mrgreen:
"Open the pod bay doors, HAL.
I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
What's the problem HAL?
I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do."
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Postby 3Flushes » April 8th 2017, 6:26pm

Falstaff wrote:
attila350 wrote:Has anyone noticed that chasing your dream watch if more fun than actually finding it? I have searched for a Tutima Fligerchronograph-G for about ten years, everyone who wants a gold Rolex has one, however finding this one was hard,I guess anyone who has one wants to keep it,or are asking way too much money, but I finally got one for $1500 under scrap price, and now that I have it ,I miss the hunt....

Well, ownership has its rewards as well: display that rare bird so that we can compliment you on your persistence, good taste, and eye for a decent price - let's see the damn thing! :mrgreen:

Yeah, what he said- once ya hunt it down and kill it, ya gotta have it mounted up and show it off.
Copyright ©️ 2017 3flushes Media.

"...When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT

Postby TemerityB » April 8th 2017, 7:49pm

^^^^^^ I'm good at hunting, but I don't particularly enjoy it. Gimme the watch.
"I don't have pet peeves - I have major psychotic fucking hatreds." – George Carlin
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Return to German Watches