Review: Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Grey Slate Dial

All things Swiss

Review: Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Grey Slate Dial

Postby Racer-X » September 3rd 2017, 9:24am

by Chester Lau "Vacheron Constantin releases the latest Traditionnelle Grey Slate Dial in a pink gold case. One of the most popular and sought after models in the collection, the new dial combination is a refreshing update to the white dial models that we often encounter."

Article at Deployant
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Review: Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Grey Slate Di

Postby biglove » September 3rd 2017, 11:30am

Absolute perfection.
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby codguy » September 4th 2017, 5:51am

Pure sex right there......... absolutely gorgeous!

I need to sell off a couple more cars it seems.

codguy
ASSHAT

Postby AJC » September 4th 2017, 10:32am

The white dial/white gold. Yes please.
-Madvillian
AJC
Watchlord WIS

Postby foghorn » September 4th 2017, 10:39am

Howz is the loom?
GET OFF MY LAWN

Finding out the time is about as difficult as finding a cheesburger.
boneyguy, Sep 12, 2007 #12
foghorn
Founding Member

Postby codguy » September 4th 2017, 2:08pm

foghorn wrote:Howz is the loom?

Methinks not as good as a seiko 5, admiral, deep blue, or the ever important homage.

On the plus side, at least its quartz!

codguy
ASSHAT

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » September 4th 2017, 2:35pm

I think the slate dial would work better with a white metal case, i.e. white gold or stainless steel (dunno why exactly is VC so unwilling to make any steel watches except the Overseas collection).

Still, the watch is beautiful. Although I find the silver dial/white gold case version much nicer (well, at least to me it looks nicer).
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Oh, cock!
James May
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby 3Flushes » September 4th 2017, 3:19pm

codguy wrote:Pure sex right there......... absolutely gorgeous!...

Yup

VC at their best alright; the old-school finishing and decoration of the veritable in-house, universally serviceable movement alone is worth the price of admission.

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:I think the slate dial would work better with a white metal case, i.e. white gold or stainless steel (dunno why exactly is VC so unwilling to make any steel watches except the Overseas collection).

Still, the watch is beautiful. Although I find the silver dial/white gold case version much nicer (well, at least to me it looks nicer).

The review notes this is the first time VC has paired a grey dial with anything other than a silver case, platinum that is. I really like the contrast of the grey and red gold case.

I'd like see them do something in steel also, to- perhaps somewhat more affordable for regalar 'ol folks like me.
Copyright ©️ 2017 3flushes Media.

"...When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » September 4th 2017, 4:16pm

3Flushes wrote:
MKTheVintageBloke wrote:I think the slate dial would work better with a white metal case, i.e. white gold or stainless steel (dunno why exactly is VC so unwilling to make any steel watches except the Overseas collection).

The review notes this is the first time VC has paired a grey dial with anything other than a silver case, platinum that is. I really like the contrast of the grey and red gold case.

I'd like see them do something in steel also, to- perhaps somewhat more affordable for regalar 'ol folks like me.

Well, the platinum version is well above budget (well, not necessarily what they can spend, but above what they're willing to spend) for even the not-so-regular folks who'd buy the solid gold version... The problem is, that they haven't really been pairing slate dials with anything else than platinum.
As to VC dress watches in steel, VC used to make these back in the day (and not rarely!), and that's what makes me wonder why they're so unwilling to do that now. After all, gold might be worth more, but steel is a wee bit harder to finish it nicely (which is one of the reasons for all the hype for vintage watches in stainless steel cases).
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Oh, cock!
James May
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » September 4th 2017, 7:40pm

I, being not of super means, always considered WC's Patrimony series to be the only one I could consider, as the sleek look and lack of complications make them about as affordable as VC gets, particularly on the secondary market.

But, man - these are just freakin' gorgeous, making the Patrimonys seem utterly plain by comparision. I know it's apples and oranges, but these, especially in the pink gold, are about as handsome as it gets.
"To really be a watch company, you have to make your own watch with your own movement. Otherwise, you're a casing company." - Roland Murphy
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby conjurer » September 4th 2017, 10:26pm

No date? No way, amigos. Vacheron can suck my dick.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Return to Swiss Watches