Breguet Watches: A History of Innovation

All things Swiss

Breguet Watches: A History of Innovation

Postby koimaster » August 10th 2017, 1:30pm

Breguet, the illustrious Swiss watchmaker, can cast a spell over you. I know this is so. Back in 1999, a friend of mine from the online watch community read an in-flight magazine article on Breguet—about its rich history dating back to the 18th century and how it is still making modern high-end watches—and the story so captivated him that he decided to become a watchmaker. He promptly enrolled in a watchmaking school full-time, and is now a rising star at a major watch company.

Breguet’s history is that inspiring. And now, on its 240th anniversary, the company has just introduced new versions of its Tradition watch series, where the movements re-imagine the firm’s elegant 18th century pocket-watch aesthetics. A new automatic Tradition has a cool seconds subdial counting down 60 seconds before snapping back; an all-new minute repeater delicately chimes the hours. But the brand’s essence starts with Abraham-Louis Breguet, universally considered the greatest watchmaker of all time.

http://www.barrons.com/articles/breguet ... 1431743905

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Breguet Watches: A History of Innovation

Postby tiktok » August 10th 2017, 6:31pm

i get a limp vibration from Breguet. They have offered me deals at their official boutique. Only Breguet and Bremont qualify for this distinction. Still I can walk three blocks to diamond district and save a bunch more, but discount at flagship is not a sign of power.
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Breguet Watches: A History of Innovation

Postby biglove » August 10th 2017, 7:17pm

"Log in to finish reading." Nope.
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Return to Swiss Watches