Breguet Watches: A History of Innovation

All things Swiss

Breguet Watches: A History of Innovation

Postby koimaster » August 10th 2017, 1:30pm

Breguet, the illustrious Swiss watchmaker, can cast a spell over you. I know this is so. Back in 1999, a friend of mine from the online watch community read an in-flight magazine article on Breguet—about its rich history dating back to the 18th century and how it is still making modern high-end watches—and the story so captivated him that he decided to become a watchmaker. He promptly enrolled in a watchmaking school full-time, and is now a rising star at a major watch company.

Breguet’s history is that inspiring. And now, on its 240th anniversary, the company has just introduced new versions of its Tradition watch series, where the movements re-imagine the firm’s elegant 18th century pocket-watch aesthetics. A new automatic Tradition has a cool seconds subdial counting down 60 seconds before snapping back; an all-new minute repeater delicately chimes the hours. But the brand’s essence starts with Abraham-Louis Breguet, universally considered the greatest watchmaker of all time. ... 1431743905

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."

Re: Breguet Watches: A History of Innovation

Postby tiktok » August 10th 2017, 6:31pm

i get a limp vibration from Breguet. They have offered me deals at their official boutique. Only Breguet and Bremont qualify for this distinction. Still I can walk three blocks to diamond district and save a bunch more, but discount at flagship is not a sign of power.
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Breguet Watches: A History of Innovation

Postby biglove » August 10th 2017, 7:17pm

"Log in to finish reading." Nope.
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
Watchlord WIS

Return to Swiss Watches