LVMH Group sees profit increase

All things Swiss

LVMH Group sees profit increase

Postby koimaster » August 4th 2017, 8:50am

The LVMH Group has announced that its profit from recurring operations in the first half of 2017 jumped 23%, with revenue increasing 15% year-on-year to €19.7 billion in the first half of 2017.

All of the group’s five main divisions posted double-digit revenue growth in the second quarter.

The watches and jewellery division, which is the one that we are most interested in, posted revenue growth, with Bvlgari playing an important part in the rise in sales, notably in China and Europe. Their strength has been attributable in large part to the Serpenti and B-Zero 1 lines, and the new Octo Finissimo watch.

TAG Heuer also experienced solid revenue growth in a what is still a tough period for the watch market, with the Carrera, Aquaracer and Formula 1 collections the key performers, plus the TAG Connected.

https://horologium.com.au/2017/08/04/in ... f-of-2017/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: LVMH Group sees profit increase

Postby TemerityB » August 4th 2017, 1:52pm

And Swatch was doing the Happy Happy Joy Joy dance a couple of weeks ago.

This is why I took the whole Swiss doom-and-gloom thing with a grain of salt. These people are doing fine, yet they expect us to weep and drop to our knees when - gasp! - they aren't doing quite as fine.

As if Mr. Mortimer at Wempe is ever gonna cut me some slack if I'm $2,000 short on a Patek.
Cheapjack Horology Impossible To Disprove Drizzling BS O' The Week:
"I've been a fan of this company, these watches, for many, many years." - Skip Connelly on Glycine
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby PiningforElgin » August 4th 2017, 4:59pm

TemerityB wrote:And Swatch was doing the Happy Happy Joy Joy dance a couple of weeks ago.

This is why I took the whole Swiss doom-and-gloom thing with a grain of salt. These people are doing fine, yet they expect us to weep and drop to our knees when - gasp! - they aren't doing quite as fine.

As if Mr. Mortimer at Wempe is ever gonna cut me some slack if I'm $2,000 short on a Patek.

Hah, if Wempe can give me a good discount for a speedy because swatch isn't doing well I'd take it!
PiningforElgin

Postby 3Flushes » August 6th 2017, 5:08pm

TemerityB wrote:And Swatch was doing the Happy Happy Joy Joy dance a couple of weeks ago.

The drop in business in China due to the luxury tax and elsewhere didn't exactly have the predicted effect on the industry that's for sure.

2G's off a Patek- hell, I couldn't afford the trip to Berlin to window shop at Wempe.
Copyright ©️ 2017 3flushes Media.

"...When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Return to Swiss Watches