Just a Simple Good Looking Watch

All things Swiss

Just a Simple Good Looking Watch

Postby koimaster » May 17th 2017, 8:36am

A hundred and seventy-one years of history must make for a heck of a book of records, to draw inspiration from. For Ulysse Nardin, 1964 is just a good halfway into that book. But if the new Diver Le Locle is anything to go by, it goes to show that no matter what time or era a simple, good piece of design was conceived in, it will still garner the same adoration each time and time again that it is revived.

The Diver Le Locle was first produced by Ulysse Nardin in 1964. With large luminescent hour markers, prominent, broadsword shaped hour and minute hands and, of course, the unidirectional rotating bezel; it had every detail in place to make for a great tool watch.

As it makes its comeback in 2017, there are just three aspects that have been adjusted. First, the seconds sub-dial, which in the original was a central running seconds hand. Second is the date window. The original did have a date window, but it didn’t have the cyclops loupe that we see in the present-day version. The third is the case size. The 1964 version was a 38mm piece, whereas the new one sits at 42.2mm.

https://www.revolution.watch/just-simpl ... -le-locle/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Just a Simple Good Looking Watch

Postby foghorn » May 17th 2017, 9:18am

Aside from a seconds subdial rather than the original central seconds I like this one.

Hernceforth I shall refer to Conjurer as Sumit Nag.

This is the jinnies with their legahorns feinting to read in theirhandmade's book of stralegy while making their war undisidesthe Willingdone
foghorn
Founding Member

Re: Just a Simple Good Looking Watch

Postby Britboy » May 17th 2017, 12:17pm

I'd have one.
Britboy
Senior Member & WIS

Return to Swiss Watches