Hands-On Patek Philippe Calatrava Ref. 6006G

All things Swiss

Hands-On Patek Philippe Calatrava Ref. 6006G

Postby Racer-X » May 11th 2017, 5:19pm

by Su Jia Xian (SJX) "One of Patek Philippe‘s latest releases at Baselworld 2016, but little noticed (the retro perpetual ref. 5320G got most of the attention), is the Calatrava ref. 6006G.

It’s the third generation of an unusual series of watches that are easily one of the most distinctive contemporary Calatrava models, characterised by a functional, vaguely military look blended with elements of Bauhaus.

The series began with the ref. 5000G, produced in 1992 and 1993 in a limited edition of 1000 watches. With a black dial, radial Arabic numerals and a subsidiary seconds between four and five, the ref. 5000G was a departure from the typical Calatrava look and sold well. In the wake of its success variants in other metals with different dial styles were later added."

Article at SJX

Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Hands-On Patek Philippe Calatrava Ref. 6006G

Postby conjurer » May 11th 2017, 5:37pm

Normally, PPs make my peepee swell. But not this one.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!
conjurer
ASSHAT

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » May 11th 2017, 6:13pm

Let me think, what in terms of design do I dislike about this watch? The dial, the silly hands, the location of the subdial, the design of the minute track... Hell, I don't think I like a single thing about it. Maybe the case, but that's that. Their design department got stuck in the 1990s.

For that matter, I don't like its manufacturer either- they're bid-rigging wankers, that's one thing. The fact that they can charge 18 000 bucks (not joking here) for servicing a simple time-only watch, is another- and it has me pretty much convinced, that whoever set their service prices, is out of his mind.
Do you think I'm a hypocrite? Well, you should. I wouldn't disagree with you.
Francis J. "Frank" Underwood

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Oh, cock!
James May
MKTheVintageBloke
Senior Member & WIS

Postby tiktok » May 11th 2017, 7:48pm

Beautiful 🗻
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Return to Swiss Watches