A Shogun in Bali (bandwidth warning - lots of pics!)

Member dive photos

Re: A Shogun in Bali (bandwidth warning - lots of pics!)

Postby bedlam » May 2nd 2014, 8:30am

Watch Noob wrote:Bedlam you always take the most awesome pics. Thanks for the great thread. I think I would have shat my wet suit seeing that eel and barracuda. Perhaps that's why I don't dive :D

That Barracuda was shadowing us for a while before it came up behind us and I snapped that pic and it shot off. Barracudas are creepy bastards.
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
Master of Time

Postby koimaster » May 2nd 2014, 8:53am

bedlam wrote:
Watch Noob wrote:Bedlam you always take the most awesome pics. Thanks for the great thread. I think I would have shat my wet suit seeing that eel and barracuda. Perhaps that's why I don't dive :D

That Barracuda was shadowing us for a while before it came up behind us and I snapped that pic and it shot off. Barracudas are creepy bastards.

Kind of reminds me of Archie Luxury.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby TemerityB » May 2nd 2014, 4:06pm

I am beyond in awe of not only your photographic skills and your knowledge, but also your use of actual dive watches in actual dives. Cooler than cool; one of the best things here in ages. My hats off like crazy to ya.
"To really be a watch company, you have to make your own watch with your own movement. Otherwise, you're a casing company." - Roland Murphy
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby Airframer » May 2nd 2014, 7:19pm

I didn't even know some of those creatures exist - particularly the different variety of shrimp. Outstanding!
Airframer
Senior Member & WIS

Postby bedlam » May 2nd 2014, 8:13pm

TemerityB wrote:I am beyond in awe of not only your photographic skills and your knowledge, but also your use of actual dive watches in actual dives. Cooler than cool; one of the best things here in ages. My hats off like crazy to ya.

Shucks TB. Thats kind of you to say :oops:

I think the longer a person dives the more they want redundancy and back-ups in their equipment. Lots of occasional divers snicker at the use of dive watches but I like to have backups for my bottom time and my air. At some of the more serious sites people won't even take you out unless you carry 2 computers. Given my love of dive watches using one as a back-up for my bottom time is a no-brainer. And truth be told I refer to my watch to track time more often underwater because its way easier to read. Just the same as on land. For instant readability a well designed 3 hander absolutely shits all over the digital displays available on most computers.
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
Master of Time

Postby eddiea » May 3rd 2014, 7:03am

Awesome pics, awesome place to dive Carl...you are a lucky man!
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby wottime » May 3rd 2014, 7:56pm

Stellar pics. Really enjoyed the write up as well. Thanks for posting your travels.
wottime
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Mark1 » May 3rd 2014, 8:08pm

Awesome pictures-those of you paying attention now know where the Halios Bluering got it's name. Thanks for posting.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Mark1
Founding Member

Previous

Return to Davy Jones Locker Dive Photos