AMCHPR Museum update...

AMCHPR Museum update...

Postby AlbertaTime » May 13th 2016, 5:34pm

Well, one good thing about oil prices going wonky is that renting a small but secure one room industrial office space up the hill in PR is much cheaper than it was before.

Which means the Museum finally has a real home, such as it is...a home away from my home. So I'm setting it up, and here's the first few photos. It's nothing fancy, and I haven't placed everything by brand or country yet (it's mostly, but not all, Chinese), just sort of organizing and getting the lay of things because I also have books and tools and such, just not out on display yet.

And the photos aren't great because I haven't done much about lighting. Still, happy times at the AMCHPR.

Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Re: AMCHPR Museum update...

Postby Racer-X » May 13th 2016, 6:41pm

Congrats, looks great A-T. I imagine it's fun to be able to spread things out and put them in their proper spot. I've enjoyed watching your travels - it's so rare that someone gets to live their passion.
Last edited by Racer-X on May 13th 2016, 10:29pm, edited 1 time in total.
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Postby svaglic » May 13th 2016, 8:26pm

I love seeing your watches. The history and story's that are behind them make them more facinating.
The truth is the truth, even if no one believes it. A lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it. Unknown
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby conjurer » May 13th 2016, 8:27pm

That's just great, A-T! It's a pleasure to see such a collection displayed by somebody who knows so much about its history. There's nobody in North America who could have built a better museum.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby artman » May 13th 2016, 9:39pm

Truly amazing. I am in awe. Hope to see more as you get settled.
artman
Senior Member & WIS

Postby conjurer » May 13th 2016, 11:12pm

For lurkers here: AlbertaTime is the Man when it comes to Chinese horology. There is nobody here who knows his stuff like A-T. As we, as WatchLords, respect nothing more than expertise, nobody on this continent can claim more expertise that A-T in this important niche.

Many here, including myself, are merest dilitantes in the hobby. Not A-T. He is a fucking Viking.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby biglove » May 14th 2016, 7:12am

Congrats on the new space. Always enjoy your watch stories and histories as well as your unique insights into an industry that few outside of China have any clue about.
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby AlbertaTime » May 14th 2016, 8:41am

conjurer wrote:...nobody on this continent can claim more expertise that A-T in this important niche.

Many here, including myself, are merest dilitantes in the hobby. Not A-T. He is a fucking Viking.

Very generous words, John. I'm grateful.

But I can think of a couple of folks, at least, in North America who have much deeper knowledge than I in some very important areas.

My good fortune is always just that people who do know things have been willing to share information, hospitality and astonishing friendship.

And I like to take photos. That helps. :-)

Who'd believe it otherwise? Sometimes I still don't. Image

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Postby AlbertaTime » May 14th 2016, 8:43am

And thanks to all of you for your kind words above, exactly the kind of generosity I mentioned in my post to John.

AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Postby eddiea » May 14th 2016, 9:08am

Awesome...lots of time and effort there.
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Return to Alberta Time Museum and Travels