CHA announces China Watch Overseas Working Committee

CHA announces China Watch Overseas Working Committee

Postby AlbertaTime » March 8th 2016, 7:42pm

The China Horologe Association (CHA) announces the creation of The China Watch Overseas Working Committee (That <--- link is the official Chinese announcement, in Chinese at the CHA website)

This photo, taken in Beijing, shows Mr. LiWei, Group Leader of the Working Group of the Domestic Horologe Department of the CHA, with Mr. Wang Mengjin, the Vice-Chairman of the CHA, presenting Robin Tallendier with his copy of the official CHA announcement :-!

The China Horologe Association announces the creation of The China Watch Overseas Working Committee as a formal committee nominated by the China Horologe Association. All four of the members of this new Committee have developed strong and mutually supportive ties with the the China Horologe Association and its member collectors, companies and executives.

The Committee is described in more detail in the translation Robin provided, seen below.

Committee members:

Ron Good (Canada) of the Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River (AMCHPR) (AlbertaTime/f72 moderator at WUS), and honorary member of the CHA.

Brad Green (USA), Editor of EastWatchReview (Brad G at WUS) East Watch Review - Watch industry updates from the Far East

Boey Chern Yue (Singapore) (bcy at WUS) Boey is a well-regarded and very knowledgeable collector of VCMs and (especially) of modern Beijing Watch Factory watches.

Robin Tallendier (France) (Fandegrue at WUS) Robin is a UK student on exchange with Renmin University in Beijing.

That's us...

The following is photos of the original plus a translation kindly provided by Robin. Any suggestions/improvements/corrections are welcomed.

In recent years, the China Horologe Association witnessed that the enthusiasm of the overseas clock and watch collector’s attention has been caused, and through their main website, they widely publicized Chinese clocks and watches products, supporting the development of domestic clocks and watches. What they have done is advantageous for Chinese products' development in the world market, and they have received welcomes from the Chinese clock and watch brands.

In order to integrate sources at home and abroad, doing some further service for the industry development, strengthening the construction of the committee, and promoting the work effectively, we decided to establish an overseas working group. This decision was proposed by the Chinese Horologe Association, and maintain the admission from the Office of Collection Commission. Now arrange the related things as below:

Part One. Name: China Watch Overseas Working Committee

Part Two. Assignment:
1. This group takes the responsibility of advertising the Chinese horologe culture to the countries its members are located in. This also includes the development of Chinese horologe brands and their advantages or any related matters.
2. This group organizes the communication between horologe collectors from the countries of its members and Chinese collectors;
3. Write features and news or other kinds of articles about related business areas and post it on magazines or websites.
4. Carry out all kinds of works delegated by China Horologe Association of Collection.

Three: Institutional framework and persons selected.
The overseas group will set one chief expert (nominate Ronald Dudley Good); three implementation experts (Brad Green, Boey Chern Yue , Robin Tallendier). The specific works will be assigned by China Horologe Collection Association.

I think I very safely speak for all four of us when I say that we're all honoured to be given this opportunity to work more directly with the Chinese watch industry, with the support and direction of the CHA.

I've been fortunate to meet the other members of this committee face-to-face while in China (I envy all three of them the fact they get to spend more time there than I do :mrgreen: ) my personal note here is that I couldn't be happier to have this closer association with three very gracious gentlemen, and I'm grateful to the CHA to be included. Looking forward to see where this leads...
Last edited by AlbertaTime on March 10th 2016, 7:04am, edited 3 times in total.
Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Re: CHA announces China Watch Overseas Working Committee

Postby conjurer » March 8th 2016, 7:50pm

Good for you, Ron. They couldn't have picked a better expert!
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby tiktok » March 8th 2016, 8:50pm

Ron, your collection and activism never cease to amaze me. Ben from Maison Celadon shared some of your peacock dial watches in his group and they were all fantastic. Congrats.
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Postby four of diamonds » March 8th 2016, 8:54pm

Way to go. A great honor for you!
four of diamonds
Master of Time

Postby AlbertaTime » March 9th 2016, 7:57am

Thanks, folks. I'm constantly astonished by the welcome I receive in China and I'm really honoured by this recognition.

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Postby koimaster » March 9th 2016, 9:10am

:bvbvbv:

Congrats Ron. Nice to see a good guy come up a winner.

:lultz:

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby hcharles » March 9th 2016, 11:52am

Congratulations! Good to see that you are indeed a WIS, and are being honored for your accomplishments.
Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine. Abraham lincoln
hcharles
Watchlord WIS

Postby AlbertaTime » March 9th 2016, 10:03pm

I'm also really humbled and grateful for the support and friendship I'm shown *here*.

AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Postby jaw » March 9th 2016, 11:24pm

Congratulations. You certainly deserve the honor.
jaw
Watchlord WIS

Return to Alberta Time Museum and Travels