Jiusko 60LSB01 arrives at the AMCHPR

Jiusko 60LSB01 arrives at the AMCHPR

Postby AlbertaTime » September 27th 2015, 2:16pm

This is Jiusko #4 for me, joining the 70LSB0202 auto diver, the 39LSB15 auto diver and the 153LS0107 tourbillon in the AMCHPR stable, and this is my first Jiusko quartz and my first Jiusko chrono. As Conjurer notes, the chrono movement is a Seiko Epson/TMI YM92 (edited/correction).

I was looking for a daily wear chrono and this one had interested me from when I first noticed the brand. This deal from Moshe was too good to pass up, and my luck with past watches from Jiusko has always been good. The watch is lighter than the autos, and very comfortable on the wrist. The silicon band is comfortable as well, not as thick as the strap on the 70LSB0202 diver, and instead of a regular buckle system, the watch has a deployant so the strap is made for "cutting to size." Larger wristed folks will likely need another band but the band was too large for me and needed cutting. Seeing as the movement is a Seiko Epson/TMI YM92 (edited/correction) and quartz, I don't expect anything but great accuracy.

Here's some specs:
Clasp deployant-clasp-with-push-button
Case material Stainless steel
Case diameter 43 millimeters
Case Thickness 15 millimeters
Band Material Silicone
Band width 20 millimeters
Crystal Sapphire Crystal
Movement Quartz
WR 330 Feet

Photos (still moving in to the new home, so fairly quick and dirty phone shots):

And, the obligatory wrist shots ;-)

As always, thanks to Moshe for making this deal available, and thanks also to Conjurer for the heads up at WatchLords! (Note: the red second hand does line up nicely, but it looks more off due to photo angles.
Last edited by AlbertaTime on September 28th 2015, 6:47am, edited 1 time in total.
Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Re: Jiusko 60LSB01 arrives at the AMCHPR

Postby biglove » September 27th 2015, 3:21pm

The photos on Amazon don't do these justice. Yours bring out the intricacies of the dial though.

My only gripe has been inclusion of "Sapphire" on the dial. Not necessary anymore than slapping "Quartz" on a dial.
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby AlbertaTime » September 27th 2015, 3:28pm

biglove wrote:My only gripe has been inclusion of "Sapphire" on the dial. Not necessary anymore than slapping "Quartz" on a dial.

Thanks for the kind words. I agree that the website renders don't show some of the very nice detailing on these. And agreed about "sapphire," too -- but I was really happy there's no mention of "quartz" 8-)

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Postby foghorn » September 27th 2015, 3:37pm

biglove wrote:
Not necessary anymore than slapping "Quartz" on a dial.

How about slapping "automatic" on the dial?
GET OFF MY LAWN

Finding out the time is about as difficult as finding a cheesburger.
boneyguy, Sep 12, 2007 #12
foghorn
Founding Member

Postby svaglic » September 27th 2015, 4:40pm

Nice choice. Jiusko has a nice variety of watches.
The stock photo's are pretty bad, Moshe might have better sales if he were to take his own photo's.
The truth is the truth, even if no one believes it. A lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it. Unknown
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » September 27th 2015, 6:17pm

Really sharp, Alberta. WL is goin' Jiusko crazy.
"To really be a watch company, you have to make your own watch with your own movement. Otherwise, you're a casing company." - Roland Murphy
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby Racer-X » September 27th 2015, 6:28pm

Nice looking watch AT. I am warming up to this brand.
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Postby conjurer » September 27th 2015, 6:40pm

Nice! Cut 'em if you got 'em.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby AlbertaTime » September 27th 2015, 9:52pm

svaglic wrote:Nice choice. Jiusko has a nice variety of watches. The stock photo's are pretty bad, Moshe might have better sales if he were to take his own photo's.

Thanks! The Amazon photos are consistent with Amazon's overall "style", but I agree that the Amazon photos look too sterile and don't show the watches as nicely as they could.
Racer-X wrote:Nice looking watch AT. I am warming up to this brand.

Thanks! Jiusko is a good brand that with only a bit of sharpening could be a very good brand. As Conjurer's and Eddie's review - and my own -- have noted, there are still a few weak areas, but they're doing more right for the western market than most Chinese brands, that's for sure. And I'm happy with all mine.
TemerityB wrote:Really sharp, Alberta. WL is goin' Jiusko crazy.

Well, this deal that Moshe has right now is generous, very good value for the dollar.

AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Postby Nuvolari » September 27th 2015, 10:34pm

Another great find from this sleeper brand - very cool! I do like a speicific-to-the-owner-sized silicon band mated to a deployment clasp, too, particularly on a chronograph, as I t exudes motorsport...

But, yeah... "sapphire"...

"So, based on the badge on the trunk, it looks like this car 'features' ABS brakes? Don't all cars come with ABS brakes now...?"

Still, baby steps! And their execution appears to be quit well-done, & I would assume well-priced, plus I'm sure they will continue to refine their dial nomenclature as they evolve.

Enjoy! Remember though, it is important to STOP the chrono to measure the elapse time. My unconventional manner of measuring how long it takes me to remember to stop the chronograph several hours beyond the incremental task of say boiling an egg... "It took precisely 3 hours, 22 minutes, & 37 seconds to remember I started to time eggs this morning!"
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Postby jason_recliner » September 27th 2015, 11:59pm

foghorn wrote:
biglove wrote:
Not necessary anymore than slapping "Quartz" on a dial.

How about slapping "automatic" on the dial?

You can't slap "Automatic" on the dial of a quartz. That's just silly. They should print "Solar" on the dial.
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Postby biglove » September 28th 2015, 3:53am

Just a reminder for those reviewing on Amazon, you can upload photos for your review.
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Return to Alberta Time Museum and Travels