Tianjin Edwin, I think...

Tianjin Edwin, I think...

Postby AlbertaTime » November 30th 2014, 1:22am

During my last visit to China, I visited the workshops of Li Qiu-sheng (Rick Li) of the Tianjin Edwin Clock Company, Ltd.

While there, I saw this model of an 8 Day Fusee Chain Duplex Escapement Clock Movement built by Mr. Li's company.

Today on Ebay, I saw this model of the movement, and I haven't asked yet, but I think it's probably Mr. Li's son with these available because other items from the seller exactly match the great vintage clocks I saw while visiting with Mr. Li. Mr. Li is one of my favourite people in China, very knowledgeable, very friendly...just great fun to spend time with.

Anyways...it's going on my "save up for it" list, and I thought others here might find it interesting.

Demonstrative Jeweled 8 Day Fusee Chain Duplex Escapement Clock Movement Model | eBay

Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Re: Tianjin Edwin, I think...

Postby Racer-X » November 30th 2014, 2:04am

That's very cool. I like these types of items and cutaways, etc. They have one of these with a buy now at $325.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Demonstrative-Jeweled-8-Day-Fusee-Chain-Duplex-Escapement-Clock-Movement-Model-/281504708007?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item418afcf5a7
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Tianjin Edwin, I think...

Postby biglove » November 30th 2014, 11:53am

That's just cool!
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Return to Alberta Time Museum and Travels