Christopher Ward After New Year's Sale

Watches with British & Commonwealth roots

Christopher Ward After New Year's Sale

Postby Rusty » December 30th 2017, 6:51pm

I have it on good authority that the annual Christopher Ward after New Year's sale will commence on Tuesday 1/2/2018. CWL staffers have been told to report for duty at night to pick and pack orders.
Rusty
Master of Time

Re: Christopher Ward After New Year's Sale

Postby Hawk » December 30th 2017, 10:36pm

Rusty wrote:I have it on good authority that the annual Christopher Ward after New Year's sale will commence on Tuesday 1/2/2018. CWL staffers have been told to report for duty at night to pick and pack orders.

Meantime history suggests that CW's servers will go tits-up on Tuesday 1/2/2018. They will recover after the desirable items have been picked clean by friends and/or forum members with double secret access. No effort will be expended to make sale items actually, you know, purchasable. Once the servers and e-commerce are again operational all remaining stock will look like a case study in "bait and switch". No explanation will be offered for product being sold out despite the server looking like a Commodore 64 under a global ddos attack concurrently being beaten by youths with cricket bats.

And thus will it mimic the last CW big limited time sales event. Potential buyers will be left without product and will get to read all about it after the fact.

I may attempt to make a purchase mid-cluster fuck but only if I can figure out how to stream the attempt to the FTC.
This space available for lease
Hawk
ASSHAT

Postby koimaster » December 30th 2017, 11:52pm

Hawk wrote:
Rusty wrote:I have it on good authority that the annual Christopher Ward after New Year's sale will commence on Tuesday 1/2/2018. CWL staffers have been told to report for duty at night to pick and pack orders.

Meantime history suggests that CW's servers will go tits-up on Tuesday 1/2/2018. They will recover after the desirable items have been picked clean by friends and/or forum members with double secret access. No effort will be expended to make sale items actually, you know, purchasable. Once the servers and e-commerce are again operational all remaining stock will look like a case study in "bait and switch". No explanation will be offered for product being sold out despite the server looking like a Commodore 64 under a global ddos attack concurrently being beaten by youths with cricket bats.

And thus will it mimic the last CW big limited time sales event. Potential buyers will be left without product and will get to read all about it after the fact.

I may attempt to make a purchase mid-cluster fuck but only if I can figure out how to stream the attempt to the FTC.

Yep. Pissed me off to no end last time. No apologies just some lame claim of a dos attack on their particular vps server. Remined me of geeks.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby TemerityB » December 31st 2017, 7:53am

Sounds like one helvetica sale!
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby conjurer » December 31st 2017, 9:05am

TemerityB wrote:Sounds like one helvetica sale!

Jim...you are a ray of sunshine here.

--pacerguy, tonguing Jawbone's distended ballsack, at WITless.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Christoper Ward upcoming sale

Postby koimaster » December 31st 2017, 11:19am

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby Racer-X » January 2nd 2018, 7:40am

Nothing up yet, but discussion moved to this thread.

http://www.christopherwardforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47288&start=60
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Thunder1 » January 2nd 2018, 7:47am

Racer-X wrote:Nothing up yet, but discussion moved to this thread.

http://www.christopherwardforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47288&start=60

Thanx...pls keep us informed..
Last edited by Thunder1 on January 2nd 2018, 9:35am, edited 1 time in total.
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Racer-X » January 2nd 2018, 8:40am

Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Postby koimaster » January 2nd 2018, 9:17am

Waste of time imho. Site issues againand apparently those who had back door access purchased everything already.

http://www.christopherwardforum.com/vie ... &start=150

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby Thunder1 » January 2nd 2018, 9:36am

Took a while, but I got in...
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Racer-X » January 2nd 2018, 9:40am

koimaster wrote:Waste of time imho. Site issues againand apparently those who had back door access purchased everything already.

They seem to be having the same issues.
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Postby svaglic » January 2nd 2018, 12:07pm

koimaster wrote:Waste of time imho. Site issues againand apparently those who had back door access purchased everything already.

You're handling it better this year.
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Rusty » January 2nd 2018, 12:25pm

Haha! These CWL sales remind me of the online version of the annual Filene's basement sale in Boston where someone would be putting their left arm in a topcoat while someone else would be putting their right arm in the same coat. Mayhem.

I said this before ... on the Ward forum site and I'll say it again here ... for an internet only company, their internet savvy seems to be lacking. Today, apparently a member or members from forum broke into the sale site while CWL was still in testing mode. The site was not ready to handle the traffic and orders. How do you test and leave the door open at the same time? Now everybody is pissed. I am amazed they have any returning customers. And yet, if I can score a bargain, I probably will. :lol:
Rusty
Master of Time

Postby Thunder1 » January 2nd 2018, 12:41pm

I noticed that Koi's Slimline is going for $325.00...a nice price for a nice watch..
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby conjurer » January 2nd 2018, 3:39pm

Racer-X wrote:

I was reading over some of those posts, and I'll have to admit, I'm scratching my head over here: so much angst over a company whose main claim to greatness is that their dive watches don't slavishly copy the Submariner.

Of all the CWs I've seen in real life, which, IIRC, is two, seemed OK. They appeared to be of about the same quality as Steinhart, and maybe a hair over Hamilton. As such, they seemed somewhat overpriced, and also having the weird stink of a micro that keeps tripping over its own dick. To me, a bunch of guys standing around screaming when CW's products are for once priced reasonably (and then can't buy 'em) seems a little fucked up.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Racer-X » January 2nd 2018, 4:22pm

Just posted on the CW forum:

"This has just been posted up by Chris S........ who is the the Chief Administrator of the Facebook Enthusiasts group:-

"I’ve been busy this evening so I missed this message from CW, Sorry for delay in relaying it:

Hi Chris, sorry to disturb your evening. Thought you should know we have just been informed by our server provider Peer1 that our sites are the subject of concerted and malicious attacks from numerous countries which has brought the site down. This is despite considerable preventative work following a similar attack in October.

Our IT team and Peer1 are working hard to block the attacks but at the moment we can not be sure when normal site service can be resumed.

Please can you apologise to your members and assure them that we are doing everything possible to get back live as quickly as we can. Their pain is our pain, believe us!
I will keep you informed of any updates to the situation."
Last edited by Racer-X on January 2nd 2018, 4:52pm, edited 2 times in total.
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Postby conjurer » January 2nd 2018, 4:26pm

Maybe Mongo is their IT guy.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Racer-X » January 2nd 2018, 4:51pm

...just been informed by our server provider Peer1 that our sites are the subject of concerted and malicious attacks from numerous countries which has brought the site down. This is despite considerable preventative work following a similar attack in October.

What utter nonsense. No one cares about launching a world-wide, orchestrated attack on a microbrand watch company, at the exact same time they put up a huge sale....twice. They can't handle the traffic and CW needs a new provider.
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Thunder1 » January 2nd 2018, 4:58pm

Racer-X wrote:
...just been informed by our server provider Peer1 that our sites are the subject of concerted and malicious attacks from numerous countries which has brought the site down. This is despite considerable preventative work following a similar attack in October.

What utter nonsense. No one cares about launching a world-wide, orchestrated attack on a microbrand watch company, at the exact same time they put up a huge sale....twice. They can't handle the traffic and CW needs a new provider.

^^Word...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby codguy » January 2nd 2018, 5:06pm

Hawk wrote:Meantime history suggests that CW's servers will go tits-up on Tuesday 1/2/2018.

Winner, winner :bvbvbv:

I don't care about pollution, I'm an air-conditioned gypsy- The Who
codguy
ASSHAT

Postby foghorn » January 2nd 2018, 5:07pm

I believe them.
I ordered a bridge from them 6 months ago and they told me today that,although the bridge wasn't available, that my refund check was in the mail.

"Work!!????"-Maynard G. Krebs

Like that but cat-F. Sklodowska
foghorn
Founding Member - WIS

Postby biglove » January 2nd 2018, 5:17pm

Orchestrated worldwide attack my ass. Incompetence.

Really was considering the LE stainless bezel blue dial.

Nope.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."- Mark Twain

biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby koimaster » January 2nd 2018, 6:43pm

Pretty simple solution as we do it here although we are not a sales site. Increase the size of your vps (ie more ram, more bandwidth, firewall of your own secondary to host, anti-virus/malware or, put the sales on a separate server isolated as a stand alone and make a temp server/virtual

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby Pubbie » January 3rd 2018, 2:39am

Racer-X wrote:

I tried to buy a cheap strap.

What an absolute load of fucking shit their site is. Their stuff is supposed to be ok, but it makes me wonder what they're cutting corners on.

A heavy load on the BBC or CNN site during the Olympics 100m final I can understand. No more than 500 people trying and failing to buy a cheap watch? Get tae fuck. Useless.
Pubbie
Senior Member & WIS

Next

Return to Hail Britannia