The Royal Treatment

Watches with British & Commonwealth roots

The Royal Treatment

Postby koimaster » September 22nd 2017, 9:45am

Thanks to the Patek Philippe museum and the brand’s travelling Watch Art Grand Exhibition, it is well-known that Queen Victoria was a fan of Patek watches, being presented with an open-face, keyless-winding, fob-watch (No. 4,536) and matching brooch during the Great Exhibition of London in 1851. Following in the footsteps of her great-great-grandmother, Queen Elizabeth II has been spotted wearing a Patek Philippe Golden Ellipse, as well as a ref. 4975/1G with pearl bracelet. And who could forget the Jaeger-LeCoultre 101 that she wore on her Coronation Day and which sadly went missing, to be later replaced during her Diamond Jubilee in 2012 when Jérôme Lambert (at the time Jaeger’s CEO) presented her with a modern version of the watch? But what of the other Royals and their timekeepers?

Princely State

The Prince of Wales is rarely seen without a watch. Currently, he favours a yellow-gold Parmigiani Toric Chronograph but, in earlier years, he was often spotted wearing a bi-metal Cartier Santos, a yellow-gold Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso or a Hamilton RAF Pilot’s Chronograph.

https://www.revolution.watch/the-royal-treatment/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: The Royal Treatment

Postby conjurer » September 22nd 2017, 5:21pm

koimaster wrote:Princely State

The Prince of Wales is rarely seen without a watch. Currently, he favours a yellow-gold Parmigiani Toric Chronograph but, in earlier years, he was often spotted wearing a bi-metal Cartier Santos, a yellow-gold Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso or a Hamilton RAF Pilot’s Chronograph.

This is a pretty good collection for a guy who's probably too inbred to read a watch dial.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby nimbleboy » September 24th 2017, 6:58pm

I don't think inbreeding is responsible for his magical disappearing fingers...

From the article:
Is it safe?
nimbleboy
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Pubbie » September 25th 2017, 5:33am

koimaster wrote:The Prince of Wales is rarely seen without a watch. Currently, he favours a yellow-gold Parmigiani Toric Chronograph but, in earlier years, he was often spotted wearing a bi-metal Cartier Santos, a yellow-gold Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso or a Hamilton RAF Pilot’s Chronograph.

My, that's a collection that would have your average WIS start fingering himself through his pockets. Shame it's on "the wrong person", it needs to be owned by someone much more worthy of such knowledge :lol:
Pubbie

Return to Hail Britannia