Pinion Atom watch

Watches with British & Commonwealth roots

Pinion Atom watch

Postby koimaster » May 12th 2017, 3:27pm

The Making of a British Watch Company

British watch company, Pinion is based just outside of Henley-on-Thames in Oxfordshire and produce timepieces designed, built and tested in England to exacting standards, using high-quality Swiss watch movements.

In Pinion, the vintage charm and character of high-quality Swiss movements meet 21st century, yet traditional, English watchmaking skills and craft. The result is a collection of contemporary wristwatches that have already once stood the test of time.

Ownership of a Pinion watch is a new message to the future; an act of faith that something about its quality, creativity and individuality will be cherished and remembered.

You’ll discover that the materials and movements for our watches are carefully selected for their specific properties and capabilities. Every watch is created using rigorous processes by designers, fabricators, and craftspeople, and assembled by our highly experienced British watchmakers.

Our original code values clarity over complexity and meticulous attention to detail on the dial, case, glass and strap. And in those places where detail would add nothing we prefer to leave it out.

Pinion is delighted to present a new watch for 2017, titled ‘Atom’.

The Atom inherits all of the design and production qualities seen in the previous collection of watches, but priced at £790 (£658.33 ex.VAT) signals it as the new entry-point to the Pinion family.

Like the Axis II and Pure before it, the Atom is sized at 42mm diameter, (but slimmer in height at 11mm) and is encased in 316L stainless steel with a bead-blasted finish.

Central to the watch, is the dial, coloured black in a smooth satin finish, it features a dominant inner raised level, textured with a geometric machining.
The design of the dial follows our graphic code established by previous models and presents typographic numerals in white, coated with SuperLuminova and contrasting radium colouring. For durability, the watch is water resistant to 100-metres depth.

In a new move for Pinion, the Atom utilises the Japanese automatic winding calibre (Miyota 9015) which provides accurate timekeeping and a 42-hour power reserve. The reverse of the watch features a solid steel case back that is engraved with the Atom motif and individually numbered.

As with all of our watches, the Atom is built and tested in England and comes with a hand-made leather strap, leather and canvas watch roll plus international two-year warranty.

https://pinionwatches.com/atom-watch/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Pinion Atom watch

Postby foghorn » May 12th 2017, 3:57pm

That's a lotta moolah fora Brit timepiece that ain't even seen the light of day!
GET OFF MY LAWN

Finding out the time is about as difficult as finding a cheesburger.
boneyguy, Sep 12, 2007 #12
foghorn
Founding Member

Postby bedlam » May 12th 2017, 4:02pm

The name sounds more like a Pokemon than a watch. Otherwise the watch is fairly uninspiring.
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
Master of Time

Postby jaw » May 12th 2017, 4:57pm

Yeah, saw this over at DWC - I kinda like 'em.
They remind me of Victorinox Infantry Vintage or older Steinhart Triton models.
I'd rather buy either one of those, mostly the former.
jaw
Watchlord WIS

Postby conjurer » May 12th 2017, 5:14pm

Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Britboy » May 12th 2017, 6:45pm

Nearly 800 English pounds for something made to exacting Swiss standards, but hold on, let's drop in a cheap as fuck japanese movement and hope the accent can sell the mother's..
Britboy
Senior Member & WIS

Return to Hail Britannia